Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

Giss Neric

That's a great idea, something to add variety without requiring skills or experience to accomplish. I think adding any element where doing better makes you experience -more- would only add to frustration and awkwardness whenever all six riders in the cockpit are not in the same party. As it is, first time riders often think the pilots screwed up badly during the scripted sequence where the Falcon falls down the shaft and smashes into the ground (this is super cartoony anyway and I think they should take it out).

By the way, if you're the owner of the YouTube channel of the same name, I love your channel!
Paging Mr. Morrow? I love him too. Sucks that they broke up. Nate and Veronica was always entertaining.

thequeuelinelectures

That's a great idea, something to add variety without requiring skills or experience to accomplish. I think adding any element where doing better makes you experience -more- would only add to frustration and awkwardness whenever all six riders in the cockpit are not in the same party. As it is, first time riders often think the pilots screwed up badly during the scripted sequence where the Falcon falls down the shaft and smashes into the ground (this is super cartoony anyway and I think they should take it out).

By the way, if you're the owner of the YouTube channel of the same name, I love your channel!
Yup Queue Line Lectures is my youtube channel! Thank you thank you! I'm small enough that I assumed nobody would recognize the connection
Yeah you nailed it. It shouldn't be about getting a "better" path or "worse" path, just different paths. Even if a different path is caused because someone fails to hit a button on time, they could create fun situations of how that failure plays out in the short term before ultimately convening back to the critical path. Falling down the shaft like you mentioned is probably the biggest offender of this because there are two pass fail checks that are totally meaningless. Did you fail to tether the train? Whoops well you still get pulled down the pit somehow. Did you hit the brakes in time? Oh well actually that doesn't do anything at all...

Taking this moment as an example, having tethering the train and hitting the brakes branch off into slightly different outcomes, some where maybe you don’t even fall down the pit at all, and converging all the options like 30 seconds later just feels like the way to do it. 3 or 4 different movements where your actions effect what you see and do and then quickly return to the main path

Mickeyboof

Was Scott Towbridge’s interview in the Imagineering Story discussed here?

“That was not technology that existed. We started marching down that path with the expectation that by opening, it would work. We didn’t know. Months before opening, It doesn’t work. It almost works. It has almost worked for a very long time as we fix these bugs, connect this piece of technology with this piece of technology, figure out why this impediment is there... but that is what life is like when you’re working on the cutting edge of technology. You’re working with technology that no one has ever seen before yet you’re counting on this to work flawlessly and seamlessly on opening day. That can keep you up at night.

I can tell you, we’ve solved those problems.”

Interviewer- “have you?”

Scott- “Yes... Almost. Almost.”

It’s pretty fascinating when a Disney exec actually admits a current problem or issue.

I just wonder if they’re Working on it still, or if coaxium is good enough.

thequeuelinelectures

Was Scott Towbridge’s interview in the Imagineering Story discussed here?

“That was not technology that existed. We started marching down that path with the expectation that by opening, it would work. We didn’t know. Months before opening, It doesn’t work. It almost works. It has almost worked for a very long time as we fix these bugs, connect this piece of technology with this piece of technology, figure out why this impediment is there... but that is what life is like when you’re working on the cutting edge of technology. You’re working with technology that no one has ever seen before yet you’re counting on this to work flawlessly and seamlessly on opening day. That can keep you up at night.

I can tell you, we’ve solved those problems.”

Interviewer- “have you?”

Scott- “Yes... Almost. Almost.”

It’s pretty fascinating when a Disney exec actually admits a current problem or issue.

I just wonder if they’re Working on it still, or if coaxium is good enough.
I'd say Scott's assessment is pretty accurate. On the technology front I would say they really did accomplish pretty much everything. Creating a ride that has 8 (I think it's 8?) pods on a carousel each running a real time game and motion simulator platform with solid and durable controls that are easy to pick up and play for everyone of all ages and synchronized run times for smooth loading and unloading ops. Wow, truly no simple task. The tech is pretty marvelous (slight graphical errors and frame rate issues aside). The game design itself is the thing that's the let down to me, but thankfully that's theoretically the easiest part to change in the future

Movielover

Can anyone say what the hold up was on the new missions?

I hear they can't seem to get past this screen...

apple-logo-startup-screen.gif

;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Something I've noticed is that the amount of time it takes to get the 2nd container of coaxium is very inconsistent.

You need both Engineers and both Gunners to be mashing their button for the 2nd container. The amount of mashing determines when a threshold has been hit and the coaxium is yours.

So how does this work with a one-man crew? Does the system know there are empty seats and adjust as needed?

Yeah, any station which doesn't have a button pushed by a certain time goes into auto-pilot/gunner/engineer.

Disney Maddux

You need both Engineers and both Gunners to be mashing their button for the 2nd container. The amount of mashing determines when a threshold has been hit and the coaxium is yours.

Yeah, any station which doesn't have a button pushed by a certain time goes into auto-pilot/gunner/engineer.
I know that, but I've seen videos where both are doing tons of mashing and they cut it very close, and then another video where both do just as much mashing and get it almost immediately.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know that, but I've seen videos where both are doing tons of mashing and they cut it very close, and then another video where both do just as much mashing and get it almost immediately.

It might be an issue of piloting, too, to stay in the right place.

Otherwise, 🤷‍♂️

thequeuelinelectures

I've wondered this for a while but haven't gotten to test it myself yet. What happens if no riders press the button to log in? It would be interesting to see how it plays out with all stations automated

JustAFan

I've wondered this for a while but haven't gotten to test it myself yet. What happens if no riders press the button to log in? It would be interesting to see how it plays out with all stations automated
I guarantee Hondo Tanaka would still take you for a "modest profit" and what you owe him for "damaging the Falcon". That greasy weasel gets me every time. Yet I still go back and smuggle for him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom