On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

FettFan

Because Ken and Barbie with kids are competing against their friends on who can have the most lavish “magical” family vacation with staged photos on over The Facebook / Instagram pages. One family trying to outdo the other family.
A family I know asked if it’s worth it and I said no. I explained all of the planning and crowds levels.
They had a great time at Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana. Better water park and three if the best wooden roller coasters. Better quality at the fraction of the cost.

I know if I were a millionaire right now, I would totally invest in starting a decent regional theme park here in Louisiana.
While my last trip was fun enough, it was more because of the people I was with than the Walt Disney World experience as a whole.

tirian

I've been told the property as a whole is profitable right now, but just, and is improving for the most part.

Some areas are performing better than expected, others are below - particularly EPCOT. This shouldn't really come as a surprise, as the park operated as a park-hop due to its limited headline attractions. All attention is on the Studios for most guests, and of course MK is always a popular choice.

Here is a photo walk around EPCCOT yesterday, around midday. Shots are not designed to emphasize high or low guest numbers, just the view as it happened.

Numbers are not in the hundreds, but way below the 10,000+ goal. I'm told some type of attendance driver is being looked at.
It’s one heck of an NBA contract propping up the resort. ;)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s one heck of an NBA contract propping up the resort.
That’s why both sides were so adamant about that bubble for the start.

Disney pays a multi billion dollar contract from one department...and “collects” the costs/fees and throws that in P&R.

Completed legal number skewing. Smart.

tirian

That’s why both sides were so adamant about that bubble for the start.

Disney pays a multi billion dollar contract from one department...and “collects” the costs/fees and throws that in P&R.

Completed legal number skewing. Smart.
Exactly. I don’t know how much money it really brings in, though.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I've been told the property as a whole is profitable right now, but just, and is improving for the most part.

Some areas are performing better than expected, others are below - particularly EPCOT. This shouldn't really come as a surprise, as the park operated as a park-hop due to its limited headline attractions. All attention is on the Studios for most guests, and of course MK is always a popular choice.

Here is a photo walk around EPCCOT yesterday, around midday. Shots are not designed to emphasize high or low guest numbers, just the view as it happened.

Numbers are not in the hundreds, but way below the 10,000+ goal. I'm told some type of attendance driver is being looked at.
How much of this is a function of the NBA and MLS money? I have to imagine that's anchoring this whole thing.

RSoxNo1

We're on a secret email list. We get our marching orders from Michael Eisner.
I'm about 70% sure that @pheneix is Michael Eisner.

In all seriousness, I know he's been a long time poster here but if you look back at the threads that @pheneix has posted in, he shows up when things are bad. I don't think it negates the content of the original post or subsequent discussion, but there is an agenda to the posts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom