The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

T’s game last night-

My kid cried, in baseball.
There’s no crying in baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤦‍♀️

He pitched a perfect 2 innings- 0 runs, then 3rd he walked one batter, struck out the next 2, then the 4th hit a home run because an outfielder missed it. I could see that he was visibly p.o’d, but he struck out the next batter- inning over.

T is 3rd up to bat that inning, one kid struck out, the next got on base, T hits a triple.
He then tried to steal home during the next batter, slides into the catcher just missed the plate- gets tagged Out.
Goes to the bench limping a bit, hangs his helmet,
then sits down and puts his head in his hands and cries. I know that his ankle hurt, but I also know that he was crying because he was mad at himself for trying to steal home and getting tagged out.
The coach came over and talked to him, looked at his ankle and him walk it off, then joked and said - there’s “no crying in baseball”.
I could see that he was still crying. He went back in and did great on the field, then next inning a double with an rbi, and did score himself in that inning.

He told me after the game that it was over the ankle, but I know that’s not true. However, he did laugh and say “And mom, I know, there’s no crying in baseball. My coach told me, so don’t even say it.”
Oh this kid. I can’t help him with frustration. He needs to work that out himself. Everyone from myself to his coaches have told him that mistakes are fine, but he puts an unbelievable amount of pressure on himself. All in all, he was happy with the game. I just spoke to him now, he’s out with his pitch back practicing for the next game.
Sometimes I do wonder if he’s in the wrong travel sport.

MySmallWorldof4

That could be because the elderly with compromised health situations have died at this point. The younger folks are getting sick but are, since the beginning, more likely to recover.
There is an elder care facility near where we live. It had zero cases. One person from elsewhere who had tested positive was admitted. End result, 28 deaths because of this. This facility is small and no way could have handled the positive case. Should have been in the local hospital instead.

MySmallWorldof4

...and we’re back to 4 days of sports per week!
Monday & Wednesday 2-3 hours of baseball each.
Tuesday & Thursday 2 hours of soccer each.

My kid is on cloud 9!!!!!!!

We’re going to the pool now for a bit, then baseball game tonight. T is starting pitcher tonight, I can’t wait to see him!!!!!!! His coach also said that he hit 2 home runs at practice on Monday.. he didn’t do that at last week’s game, but he’s determined tonight.. we’ll see. He’s 4th in batting rotation tonight, his coach said he’s counting on him for a grand slam. 😂 no pressure. 😂🤦‍♀️
Youngest is having a blast at her new cheer facility. They start twice a week practice week after next. Looks like she will still be a flyer. Might be 18 kids on her team.

21stamps

Youngest is having a blast at her new cheer facility. They start twice a week practice week after next. Looks like she will still be a flyer. Might be 18 kids on her team.

This is great news!!!! Are they allowing contact now? T’s soccer training goes to contact next week, so far it’s been individual drills under the rules. He’s thrilled about next week!

MySmallWorldof4

This is great news!!!! Are they allowing contact now? T’s soccer training goes to contact next week, so far it’s been individual drills under the rules. He’s thrilled about next week!
They started stunting yesterday. I also got to see the uniforms in person. They are really nice. Hoping to find a used one so I don’t have to buy a new one. They are getting new uniforms next year, so if I can save a couple hundred on a uniform for this year I will be happy.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The population of Davidson County is 167,600. So far the number of cases have been 830 with 15 deaths. Not the worst and not the best. Just about average in NC.

Thank you for the data. Not great, but could be a lot worse. Up here in MA, we just got through months of this cruddy situation, so I have that in the back of my mind. Hopefully, the curve will trend downward in his area. Yours as well, by the way.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Disney has provided us with horrible horrible horrible news.

Yes, I've been over on N&R joining in the complaining fest.

Didn't have a clue what FutureCEO was referring to (I just thought he probably meant the parks' delay in opening up again, or something).

Then I noted your comment above, so I skipped over to N&R to see what was new. Read one page of that thread -- that was enough. Oh my.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That thread was like 20 pages after five minutes.
Didn't have a clue what FutureCEO was referring to (I just thought he probably meant the parks' delay in opening up again, or something).

Then I noted your comment above, so I skipped over to N&R to see what was new. Read one page of that thread -- that was enough. Oh my.

I saw a post on an Annual Pass-holder page this morning. So I posted the picture of my tomatoes. Nothing really I could add of value.

I understand the cheering, the sadness and decision though most of us had heard the rumor for weeks already and the film choice.

I love love Splash and will miss it. My DD First 40 inch big girl attraction. I was always curious why Disney chose song of the south in the late 80s kinda inappropriate 30+ years ago. Honestly I thought it would have been altered in the 9/11 era when the Resort Dixie Landings became Port Riverside and the Grand Painting of the Colonel was removed similar to statues this month. I understand. I have empathy. I just anticipated it 30 years ago.

I will miss the song Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah"

Figgy1

Premium Member
I saw a post on an Annual Pass-holder page this morning. So I posted the picture of my tomatoes. Nothing really I could add of value.

I understand the cheering, the sadness and decision though most of us had heard the rumor for weeks already and the film choice.

I love love Splash and will miss it. My DD First 40 inch big girl attraction. I was always curious why Disney chose song of the south in the late 80s kinda inappropriate 30+ years ago. Honestly I thought it would have been altered in the 9/11 era when the Resort Dixie Landings became Port Riverside and the Grand Painting of the Colonel was removed similar to statues this month. I understand. I have empathy. I just anticipated it 30 years ago.

I see thousands of cute little green dresses and frogs being sold. Now if they put a beignet stand nearby:hungry::hungry::hungry: edit the gf ones at POR are vegan:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member

The rumor they were going to do this has been around for years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom