Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

Chi84

Premium Member
Why do people feel the need to post such insulting comments - over and over again? By now, everyone has decided where they stand and they are unlikely to change their minds when confronted with the same arguments ad nauseam. The only thing that changes are the insults being thrown around, which aren't persuasive. I doubt anyone is going to change their mind out of fear of being called selfish, childish, "special," whiners, etc. People can and do disagree on issues that you may personally believe are not subject to disagreement. Throwing an internet tantrum isn't going to persuade them otherwise.

NickMaio

Just to
Wow, when you're wrong, you're wrong. Can you tell me which post number that I said "that if the person did not want to wear a mask then they should just tell them they are a protester inferring that protesters do not wear masks"? I never said that; I think you confused me with someone else. I took issue with your very specific assertion that most protestors are wearing masks, which you have no factual basis to conclude, and then took that further as asked you about their 6 foot rule observance, to which you still won't reply. So just to be clear, I'm simply pointing out that you made claims that aren't true (propaganda), and I take issue with that.
Just to clarify that's not what propaganda is.
Check it out.

mergatroid

This is what I'm wearing to Disney Springs, should keep all sides happy

34c74234e686f50d9d4265cf7144fc26.jpg

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
Why do people feel the need to post such insulting comments - over and over again? By now, everyone has decided where they stand and they are unlikely to change their minds when confronted with the same arguments ad nauseam. The only thing that changes are the insults being thrown around, which aren't persuasive. I doubt anyone is going to change their mind out of fear of being called selfish, childish, "special," whiners, etc. People can and do disagree on issues that you may personally believe are not subject to disagreement. Throwing an internet tantrum isn't going to persuade them otherwise.
Why? Because I live here. When people come to Disney or Universal and simply don't care they end up exposing employees and cast members. Those employees are people that are my neighbors and parents of my kids' friends.

Saying that people have already made up their mind and it's a waste of time to try to convince them of otherwise is a HORRIBLE stance. So we should just give up on anyone who has a differing view that can legitimately hurt people?

This impacts more than just you or whoever it is that decides they don't want to wear a mask. When a lot of people decide they just don't want to it impacts the entire community. Even a small outbreak here among CM's could lead to jobs lost and disney closing again or extending the opening date to much later.

Chi84

Premium Member
Why? Because I live here. When people come to Disney or Universal and simply don't care they end up exposing employees and cast members. Those employees are people that are my neighbors and parents of my kids' friends.

Saying that people have already made up their mind and it's a waste of time to try to convince them of otherwise is a HORRIBLE stance. So we should just give up on anyone who has a differing view that can legitimately hurt people?

This impacts more than just you or whoever it is that decides they don't want to wear a mask. When a lot of people decide they just don't want to it impacts the entire community. Even a small outbreak here among CM's could lead to jobs lost and disney closing again or extending the opening date to much later.
Yes, you've said this. I don't think it's a waste of time to try to get people to change their minds if you are making reasonable arguments based on new or even existing data. Saying the same thing over and over and calling people selfish, entitled, childish, etc. is a waste of time. If that's what you're doing, it doesn't matter whether or not you try to get people to change their minds because it won't work. That's just my opinion - maybe your experiences are different. Also, I recognize that people are free to spend their time however they want.

monykalyn

No, the reality is I do understand nursing homes. Go visit one... sit there a day and watch how many family members come and visit the old people. You'll be lucky if you need both hands to count them.
I work in them. I do understand. More than many who want to say they know all from short visits

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
Yes, you've said this. I don't think it's a waste of time to try to get people to change their minds if you are making reasonable arguments based on new or even existing data. Saying the same thing over and over and calling people selfish, entitled, childish, etc. is a waste of time. If that's what you're doing, it doesn't matter whether or not you try to get people to change their minds because it won't work. That's just my opinion - maybe your experiences are different. Also, I recognize that people are free to spend their time however they want.
There's valuable data littered throughout this thread that people have disregarded.

There's no argument anyway. Local government and the theme parks have made it mandatory. People either wear them or they don't go until requirements are lifted. 🤷‍♀️

bryanfze55

Feel lucky that you can travel and vacation. Over here in the UK we have a much lower death rate than the US (but still higher than much of Europe who put harder lockdowns in place). Even within the UK we can't go anywhere as hotels etc aren't open, theme parks might start to re-open in July (after being closed since about the 20th March).

I'm choosing to stay at home at the moment and plan vacations for 2021 instead.

Dude, the death rate in the UK is much higher than it is in the US. It’s one of the highest in the world, ours is one of the lowest in the West.

monykalyn

This is a really ignorant statement. Especially when there are still plenty of studies saying that masks can significantly help.

The masks are fine in the Florida heat. So many people like to use the heat as an excuse instead of just saying you don't care if they work.

It’s not exactly pleasant walking around sweating inside a mask but yeah- I got used to it. And another model claiming something based on assumptions. Reading on my iPad so can’t see everything as clear but does it say what assumption they made on how much of general population is infectious walking around? Because I think most experts agree we aren’t going to get to even 60% of population infected and testing shows less than 10% with widespread testing, and that is catching the asymptomatic-where jury is still out on just how infectious they may be. I also can’t find if it differentiates between enclosed spaces, or outdoor spaces, or length of contact with a higher person in close quarters. I don’t think those factors are completely known yet- but good on the model for making assumptions

Because Disney doesn't want "social distancing" in a theme park anymore than I do.
Well it’s impossible to be six feet away at all times. And the amount of people feeling “unsafe” because they saw someone 18’ away without a make, or a person walking through their “bubble” are ridiculous.
So the best thing we can do for humanity is to toss the masks in the garbage and
It doesn’t have to be an all or nothing approach-I agree it’s ridiculous walking around outside, especially when you are not going to be near same people for long, but sitting in enclosed space like a theater, or going into a shop? Mask on.
My mother died from it - her blood thickened and she had multiple strokes, horrible neurological damage.
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is hard no matter the age.
also would mean that those who want protection can get it from a reliable product rather than some crafter on Etsy or some homemade thin, porous material that is probably useless anyway.
There are studies on the effectiveness of homemade masks, materials etc. And on effectiveness if not worn properly or have gaps (very significant decline in containing airborne/suspended small particles) . Some materials/blends are quite good when worn properly. Neck gaiters with porous material are worthless. But hey- they catch large droplets when now apparently everybody goes around coughing without covering mouth! And you KNOW every single sneeze or cough now HAS to be laced with Covid
have MS, and the medicine I'm on leaves me immuno compromised. Personally, I'm more concerned about having to give up driving and being forced into a wheelchair in the near future..
my mom (well first mom- long storyof childhood) had MS. Horrible disease and I hope there’s a breakthrough soon. Seems I read of a promising drug treatment coming soon? (provided everything didn’t get 100% pushed aside). Will see if I can find the article.

mergatroid

42,461 (UK) is much lower than 120,899 (US). You''re saying the UK has a higher rate than the US?

Depends how you look at the stats really. Obviously 120,899 is bigger than 42,461 so USA has far more deaths, in fact USA has roughly a quarter of all the deaths worldwide.

So in the UK 0.06254749% of the population has died from covid 19

And in the USA 0.03655559% of the population has died from covid 19

So more people have died in America but you're less likely to die from it in America, which is worse is up to debate. Also the UK is much smaller than America so there's less people living in isolated areas in the UK. However you could argue there's far more bigger cities in America meaning there's a larger numbers of people tightly packed in than in the UK. You can probably use the 'stats' to show either nation being better or worse than the other.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom