Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

monykalyn

And masks are NOT equal in protection and those loose weave neck gaiters are next to useless. Cover your mouth when sneeze or cough does same thing for the “large” drop,etc everyone is so worried about hovering in air for hours (they actually drop quick) and doesn’t nothing to stop smaller virus particles from getting through.
Have a gap in a loose weave face covering? Drops the protection more. Study was done in lab conditions too so real world with incorrect wearing and environmental conditions degrading any potential virus and why wear masks out doors and brief contact?

jaklgreen

The problem is if 'they' provided those facts would you accept them or just say "I am really struggling to believe anything that we are seeing" again.

I'm more playing devils advocate here but very often when people say they don't believe something, they say the same if presented the same facts through another source?

At this point, with numerous contradicting information, I don't believe anything I see. How can anyone? I am not one of those who thinks ALL information is fake, but the way things are being presented, it is hard to tell what are factual numbers, and what is agenda that is being pushed.

eliza61nyc

At this point, with numerous contradicting information, I don't believe anything I see. How can anyone? I am not one of those who thinks ALL information is fake, but the way things are being presented, it is hard to tell what are factual numbers, and what is agenda that is being pushed.
Actually I don't think it's so much as having an agenda as much as "we simply don't know". Remember, this thing is new and while on one hand we've got tons of people researching different aspects of the virus which is good, one the other hand we've got tons of people researching this thing which means every day there is new information and some of it will contradict which may have come out the day before.

I just hope as time goes by the mask wearers don't start to get nasty with the bare faced gang as is happening near me. Step outside without a face covering and someone is trying to shame you. Could get ugly

Chi84

Premium Member
One of the most persuasive reasons I've seen for wearing masks is that regardless of how effective they are at stopping the virus from spreading, they do stop people from becoming complacent about it. Masks are a highly visible indication that the virus is still spreading and dangerous. The theory is that mask-wearing can remind people to comply with other measures such as staying apart from each other, staying home as much as possible, avoiding large gatherings, hand hygiene, etc. My husband believes that once the masks come off, people are going to go back to doing things they way they always did - and I can't really argue with that. Still, I wish there was a less intrusive way to achieve that result. As far as masks at Disney, I have no problem with Disney making whatever rules it wants, as long as it commits to enforcing them. Are masks going to be treated as a "no sitting on the handrails" safety issue, or a "no standing up at the top of Splash Mountain" safety issue? That's the real question. If they aren't going to enforce the rule, I hope they make it a suggestion.

thomas998

Oh you're one of those fake media people. Lol!!

I guess all the medical experts who disagree with you must be buying into that misinformation that the media is spreading. :rolleyes:
The media has an agenda and they can ask 20 different "medical experts" for an opinion and then they only use the one that agrees with their agenda. If you had bothered to track these glorious "medical experts" they have changed their stories more times than spouse caught in a neighbor's bedroom. Remember the surgeon general started out saying masks didn't do anything... later they change that to mask will protect you... and then the latest mask protect others. The fact is the virus didn't change how it reacted to masks overtime the only thing that has changed along the way has been the agenda. If you can't see that then you are truly clueless.

thomas998

Florida has broken it's own daily record of confirmed cases *checks notes* 3 times this week.

Now is not the time to be complacent. Sure, resume daily life if you feel comfortable to go out, but don't pretend the virus isn't still swarming through the country. Now more than ever is when people need to be aware of themselves and their surroundings.
In the end the ones most at risk are the ones over 75 years of age... most people aren't at much risk of death from it and the world would be better off just cutting off nursing homes rather than cutting off everything to protect the nursing homes.

thomas998

Did they study Etsy masks worn pulled down around the neck or hanging off one ear?
No it was based off real masks and respirators which you aren't going to find in Disney and would have a heck of time finding anywhere outside of a hospital supply room. I was trying to find cartridges for the respirator I use for spraying paint and even those have become difficult to find as people that couldn't find the masks they wanted started buying anything that even remotely resembled protective gear. I guess somewhere out there are people wearing full on respirators with pricey cartridge filters that might protect them but are an absolute pain to wear for any length of time.

Mickey5150

Just remember alcohol in the US kills almost 90,000 every year and you don't see the government or anyone else acting even remotely as concerned about alcohol. In the end when people get used to the deaths for the virus the world will go on as normal and it will just be another cause of death no greater or worse than cancer from smoking or being hit by a drunk driver.
The government set laws for consuming alcohol, smoking cigarettes and driving a car. The amount of rules and laws associated with cars, both in people owning/driving and manufacturers building is staggering.

thomas998

The government set laws for consuming alcohol, smoking cigarettes and driving a car. The amount of rules and laws associated with cars, both in people owning/driving and manufacturers building is staggering.
They haven't banned alcohol though now have they? Think about the millions of lives it would have saved by now if for the past 50 years it was banned... Many more lives would have been saved during that time in the US alone than have been lost to the virus over the entire planet.

Prince-1

The media has an agenda and they can ask 20 different "medical experts" for an opinion and then they only use the one that agrees with their agenda. If you had bothered to track these glorious "medical experts" they have changed their stories more times than spouse caught in a neighbor's bedroom. Remember the surgeon general started out saying masks didn't do anything... later they change that to mask will protect you... and then the latest mask protect others. The fact is the virus didn't change how it reacted to masks overtime the only thing that has changed along the way has been the agenda. If you can't see that then you are truly clueless.

Cool. Oh look at you and your passive aggressive self. You are so cute. Lol!!

Scientists and doctors...ammirite!!

NickMaio

Just remember alcohol in the US kills almost 90,000 every year and you don't see the government or anyone else acting even remotely as concerned about alcohol. In the end when people get used to the deaths for the virus the world will go on as normal and it will just be another cause of death no greater or worse than cancer from smoking or being hit by a drunk driver.
This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have read all year...........
This attitude is why there are over 2 million infected with the virus in America.
To top it off your connections make zero sense to an air borne pathogen.

NickMaio

They haven't banned alcohol though now have they? Think about the millions of lives it would have saved by now if for the past 50 years it was banned... Many more lives would have been saved during that time in the US alone than have been lost to the virus over the entire planet.
Drinking alcohol is a choice..........a choice........
No connection to dying from being coughed on in WDW.

mergatroid

Erm, have you heard about prohibition during 1920 - 1933? It failed mainly because many adults wanted the choice to drink and there was a huge black market producing alcohol despite the ban. So it was tried as the government saw a problem from alcohol.

There's a big difference though in as much as most deaths relating to alcohol are mainly through voluntarily drinking it. Ok some none drinkers get killed by drunk drivers or murdered in a fight by a drunkard, but mostly it's those drinking it that are killed as a result. You don't really have much of a choice in catching the virus so to compare the two is pretty much clutching at straws.

Worst case scenario there never will be a cure for the virus, if that's the case then the new normal will change our world in big ways. At some point we'd have to learn to accept it as an everyday risk and just get on with it as best we can. But have we reached that point yet, I'd say no?

jaklgreen

Actually I don't think it's so much as having an agenda as much as "we simply don't know". Remember, this thing is new and while on one hand we've got tons of people researching different aspects of the virus which is good, one the other hand we've got tons of people researching this thing which means every day there is new information and some of it will contradict which may have come out the day before.

I just hope as time goes by the mask wearers don't start to get nasty with the bare faced gang as is happening near me. Step outside without a face covering and someone is trying to shame you. Could get ugly

I am not talking about their guesses and incomplete data. I am talking about how some places are reporting things like increases in hospitalizations, implying that all are from covid patients when they are just in general. Things like this that are to propagate fear and paranoia. There should be very clear parameters when they report about the numbers and not make vague comments.

KTK

Covid-19 was include but it wasn't data from a randomized study it was more anecdotally based data which means pretty pointless. The valid data only existed from the other viruses.

And there is big difference between a n95 mask and a surgical mask. A lot of masks you see handed out in doctors' offices are low end surgical mask that provide only 63% protection but people think because they look like a surgical mask that they are n95's they aren't. And if you read the article carefully you would also have noted that they said you needed to use respirators for real protections as healthcare workers that were not using respirators were getting infected at a rate of about 20%... Now no one is going to go to Disney wearing a respirator because that would be nuts. If you decide to go just accept that you are going to get infected and move on. The bottom line is you don't instantly die just because you get the virus. I felt like crap for about a 1 and half weeks, and still can't smell much of anything but I didn't drop dead even though I'm old and have high blood pressure... If I believed the scaremongers on the news I would have been writing my last will, but I choose to look at reality not the hysteria driven folks on TV. Remember for every person that has died hundreds more didn't.
I truly feel sorry for you. Even though you had the virus and have after effects from it, you just don't seem to care. Be glad you weren't one of the 113,000 Americans (and rising) that have passed away from this. You should be telling your story and encouraging people to do everything they can not to get this virus.

NelleBelle

I am not talking about their guesses and incomplete data. I am talking about how some places are reporting things like increases in hospitalizations, implying that all are from covid patients when they are just in general. Things like this that are to propagate fear and paranoia. There should be very clear parameters when they report about the numbers and not make vague comments.
Why are you doubting that there are increases in covid hospitalizations? There have been increases in covid hospitalizations here in Seattle--heard about it before they were reporting it on the news as my mother started taking care of more cases in the ER. I would expect each state does get a daily report on the # of cases, just as WA state does? Not sure why you're calling that fake?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here’s my “usual” take:

The masks will be gone soon - a combination of weather and “boredom” with the old news viral Infections...

The crowds won’t come because the economy is wrecked...Disney will cry foul and then stick it to the employees and those that do show soon enough.

Standard operating procedure.

Giss Neric

I went to Sea World. I only spent a bit more than an hour. I left cause no one was following and enforcing rules. Yes, you can see some but it seems like it's not enough for you to feel safe. Add to that there were only like 3 rides open so the wait times were long.

No problem with wearing masks but it's so unfair that I'm abiding by the rules when others are not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom