Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

thomas998

Or the Millions and Millions of $ they would have lost if they did ban alcohol. Big Gov't doesn't tax COVID. At least not yet.

We already tried banning alcohol. - It didn't work.
Well they don't tax it, but you can bet your bottom dollar you and everyone else in the country will be paying for the government bill that was supposed to help deal with it for generations. All those 1200 dollar checks and 600 a week payouts weren't paid by the good fairy.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Well they don't tax it

Exactly!

1592094250056.png

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The drunk driver isn't always the one that gets killed or do you think everyone else is magically protected.
You completely missed the point. In your example you said being hit by a drunk driver isn't a choice and I said it is for the person who decided to drive drunk and therefore hit someone and either injured or killed that person.

A choice was made regardless if the driver survives, which has nothing to do with the conversation and I don't get why you brought that up. The point is a choice was made. No one can make a choice to get covid.

Its a deadly virus. So your drunk driving example holds no water and is not comparable on any level to getting the corona virus.

mergatroid

I think what we've learned from this thread is that there are some people in this world who value other people's lives (especially the elderly) with little to no regard. As long as they're happy they don't care about others safety, especially if that means they're inconvenienced slightly in helping keep those others safe or reducing the risk.

I mean, I knew these people existed in the world. I just didn't think that they'd actively brag about in on here whilst the rest of us sit here reading it thinking "What the .................."

thomas998

Sorry, but this is a really ignorant statement. You should delete it.
You might want to use quote with full context, you left off "The nursing homes in this country are by and large just places where families ship their old to be warehoused and die." There are a few people that use nursing homes and still care about the people they put there... but its a small percent.

Ksearcy

Just remember alcohol in the US kills almost 90,000 every year and you don't see the government or anyone else acting even remotely as concerned about alcohol. In the end when people get used to the deaths for the virus the world will go on as normal and it will just be another cause of death no greater or worse than cancer from smoking or being hit by a drunk driver.
Simple concept- Alcohol isn't highly contagious. Comparing Covid to the flu or alcohol or anything else is like comparing apples to oranges. Considering this thread's original topic and post, it really doesn't matter, anyway. If Disney chooses to institute a mask rule, then it should be enforced to the best of the company's ability, whether anyone here agrees or not.

jaklgreen

No, the reality is I do understand nursing homes. Go visit one... sit there a day and watch how many family members come and visit the old people. You'll be lucky if you need both hand to count them.

This is so true. We had to put our grandmother in one because she needed more skilled care then what we could give her. Before the lock down, either my brother, sister, or I would visit her about 3-4 times a week. In 6 months I saw maybe 4 other families there. The parking lot is always empty. That's not to say that people do not call on a regular basis or are there at times that I am not. But still.

jaklgreen

I think what we've learned from this thread is that there are some people in this world who value other people's lives (especially the elderly) with little to no regard. As long as they're happy they don't care about others safety, especially if that means they're inconvenienced slightly in helping keep those others safe or reducing the risk.

I mean, I knew these people existed in the world. I just didn't think that they'd actively brag about in on here whilst the rest of us sit here reading it thinking "What the .................."

This whole Country treat the elderly horribly. I always say to people, "that will be you one day so treat them how you want to be treated after a long life". It is really sad.

Minnesota disney fan

As a retired RN who was a supervisor in a nursing home at one time, I'd like to chime in on the facts as I saw them while I worked there.
Yes, you can count on one hand the number of family or visitors the residents get. It is very sad to actually see and experience. The NH where I worked had wonderful caring staff who actually saw the residents as people! It was a very sad but very rewarding place to begin my nursing career, mainly sad because of the lack of visitors these residents had. All older people love to talk and sadly, we didnt' have enough time in a day to get to all of them. Just my perspective on the subject.

thomas998

Simple concept- Alcohol isn't highly contagious. Comparing Covid to the flu or alcohol or anything else is like comparing apples to oranges. Considering this thread's original topic and post, it really doesn't matter, anyway. If Disney chooses to institute a mask rule, then it should be enforced to the best of the company's ability, whether anyone here agrees or not.
If they had a rule that was really effective at achieving the elimination of any transmission then fine... But the reality is the masks are even close to 100% effective... you would be lucky if the majority of masks used were 30% effective... And if that is the reality of the masks why bother at all. The rule was made in order to get the state to allow them to reopen. They knew it was never really going to be enforced and that they couldn't enforce it if they wanted to.

This is Florida and it is simply too hot to have everyone wearing masks. I went to a high school graduation recently that happened in the afternoon in an outdoor stadium in 90 plus degree heat... 4 different people were carted off in ambulances because of the heat, and all of them were wearing masks which probably only helped to take them down faster. Masks in a hot climate makes as much sense as asking people to wear winter coats. It only makes the problems related to heat worse.

And comparing the Wuhan flu to the flu does make sense as both are viruses that cause respiratory illnesses and seem to have mortality rates that are darned close to each other... I know they fear mongering media loved to say it wasn't the same as the flu early on, but they have said a lot of things that turned out to be false.

mergatroid

And comparing the Wuhan flu to the flu does make sense as both are viruses that cause respiratory illnesses and seem to have mortality rates that are darned close to each other... I know they fear mongering media loved to say it wasn't the same as the flu early on, but they have said a lot of things that turned out to be false.

Research says otherwise

From October 2019 to early April 2020, the flu killed an estimated 24,000 to 62,000 people in the US, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Those numbers are preliminary, and the CDC said it stopped updating its preliminary estimates for this flu season on April 4.
If 62,000 people died from the flu between October 1 and April 4, that means the US had an average of about 331 flu deaths a day.
By contrast, coronavirus killed more than 62,850 people in the US from the first known death in February through the end of April, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
So from February 6 through April 30, an average of more than 739 people died per day from coronavirus in the US.

or this

If we compare, for instance, the number of people who died in the United States from COVID-19 in the second full week of April to the number of people who died from influenza during the worst week of the past seven flu seasons (as reported to the CDC), we find that the novel coronavirus killed between 9.5 and 44 times more people than seasonal flu. In other words, the coronavirus is not anything like the flu: It is much, much worse.

or this

Both COVID-19 and the flu are respiratory illnesses. But COVID-19 is not the flu. Research so far indicates that COVID-19 spreads more easily and has a higher death rate than the flu.

Scientists are racing to find out more about COVID-19, and our understanding may change as new information becomes available. Based on what we know so far, here's how it compares with the flu.

Last edited:

NickMaio

If they had a rule that was really effective at achieving the elimination of any transmission then fine... But the reality is the masks are even close to 100% effective... you would be lucky if the majority of masks used were 30% effective... And if that is the reality of the masks why bother at all. The rule was made in order to get the state to allow them to reopen. They knew it was never really going to be enforced and that they couldn't enforce it if they wanted to.

This is Florida and it is simply too hot to have everyone wearing masks. I went to a high school graduation recently that happened in the afternoon in an outdoor stadium in 90 plus degree heat... 4 different people were carted off in ambulances because of the heat, and all of them were wearing masks which probably only helped to take them down faster. Masks in a hot climate makes as much sense as asking people to wear winter coats. It only makes the problems related to heat worse.

1 virus is new.....zero immunity.
Other flu's we have some immunity to them.
And a flu shot......

Big difference here......about 2 million big.
Look at your unemployment rate right now......this is no average flu.

Please educate yourself and stop spreading misinformation.........

NickMaio

Comparing a cloth cotton face mask to a winter coat now.......next thing you are going to say is to abolish alcohol because it also kills people...........wait.

thomas998

1 virus is new.....zero immunity.
Other flu's we have some immunity to them.
And a flu shot......

Big difference here......about 2 million big.
Look at your unemployment rate right now......this is no average flu.

Please educate yourself and stop spreading misinformation.........
Unemployment is caused by the shutdown, you need to pull your head out if you don't even understand that fact.

Hong Kong flu death world wide was a million.. Spanish flu world wide was more than 50 million... This virus hasn't even killed half a million.. So no it isn't worse than a bad flu strain.

thomas998

No... research doesn't say otherwise. CDC puts it at 0.26%... seasonal flu varies depending on strain and usually ranges from 0.1% to 0.5% in a bad year. Now if you want to listen to the media fear mongers they will find a flake out there that will tell them its much higher and then put them on the air to scare folks like you. But the reality is it isn't that bad, only really bad for the very old 65 and over and they need to worry.

Walt Disney1955

So, I went to Disney Springs yesterday and didn’t feel fully safe. All the cast members I saw were wearing masks, but there was a lot of guests not wearing them and I didn’t see any cast members enforcing mask wearing. I felt safe around cast members but not other guests. I’d expect Disney to enforce this but I don’t know if they fully are. Anyone else notice this? I attached some pics.

That is some of the best news I've heard all day. Of all the theme parks in North America that are either open or re-opening the only place that I have actually seen that doesn't require a mask is Gatorland. They suggest it, but don't mandate it, which is what should be done to be honest.

But the more people start to get sick of having to wear those death traps in the Florida heat, the better it is for people who want to go back to Disney when it gets back to normal. The people that don't like it then, they are free to stay home.

The bottom line is we need the rules to be relaxed so that eventually the people that will be wearing masks will be well in the minority and eventually even the mask wearers will realize they were paranoid.

Lastly, you actually took pictures of people not wearing masks? That's just...............creepy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom