Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilypgirl

Does it really matte where it comes from. Either way cases are rising so there should be concern. The governor should be putting in more strict social distancing measures. Its a shame it won't happen as tourism money is more important.
So you would be OK with the government shutting down protest?

DisneyDebRob

Here's why the idea the the increases in Florida numbers is simply a result of bad methodology is ludicrous:

1. The Florida governance doesn't want to look bad. No administration does. So, if the numbers are increasing because of bad protocols, that administration would move heaven and earth to fix whatever is inflating the numbers so they look good. So, doesn't anyone think that if the numbers were artificially inflated, the governor would have done something about it and have it recalibrated?

2. Even if there's a wonky protocol inflating the the numbers, it's still inflating more so than before. Whatever methodology they're using is the methodology that's been producing increasing numbers. This week's wonky methodology shows a lot more infections than the wonky methodology of the previous week... but it's the same methodology showing an increase. If they switched to the 'correct methodology' the curve would be lower... but still rising.
He is doing something about it. Having press conferences saying.. nothing to see here it’s because of ramped you testing.

lilypgirl

Were those people in the bar in Jacksonville stopping there for a drink post protest? ;););)

The protests will absolutely lead to more cases and more spread. There’s no doubt about that. I still don’t think that means every new case is from protests. I know some people are fixated on that and it’s a narrative being heavily pushed in certain circles, but just because a bunch of people protested and that resulted in a bunch of new cases doesn‘t mean everyone should just do whatever they want now.

Stop trying to deflect. Neither Jacksonville or Orlando are as high as Miami and Tampa. No one is fixated on it but it's ridiculous to scold beach goers and bar patrons for being as many of you call it "selfish " and totally look past the fact that the protesters were also behaving the same way.
If I am fixated on anything it's the blatant hypocrisy on this issue and the fact that so many are so socially unaware of their hypocrisy on this .

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Were those people in the bar in Jacksonville stopping there for a drink post protest? ;););)

The protests will absolutely lead to more cases and more spread. There’s no doubt about that. I still don’t think that means every new case is from protests. I know some people are fixated on that and it’s a narrative being heavily pushed in certain circles, but just because a bunch of people protested and that resulted in a bunch of new cases doesn‘t mean everyone should just do whatever they want now.
While there is certainly merit that the protests are contributing to he overall increase of cases, its tough to have an exact correlation since most of the protests are in highly populated cities anyway.

Jrb1979

So you would be OK with the government shutting down protest?
I never said that. What I was getting at is no matter where the cases stem from, they are still rising quickly. Now is the time to do something about it and not just downplay it like the governor is. Not saying lock everything down again but you could put in some stricter social distancing measures. Mandatory masks inside any business, make restaurants patio only for the time being. At least til it gets under control.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Stop trying to deflect. Neither Jacksonville or Orlando are as high as Miami and Tampa. No one is fixated on it but it's ridiculous to scold beach goers and bar patrons for being as many of you call it "selfish " and totally look past the fact that the protesters were also behaving the same way.
If I am fixated on anything it's the blatant hypocrisy on this issue and the fact that so many are so socially unaware of their hypocrisy on this .
You had brought up the protests at least half a dozen times so I’d call it fixated at this point. The difference between people protesting and people going to a water park or a bar is not on topic here. It’s a political debate that I won’t engage in. As I said a while back 2 wrongs don’t make a right. We really should have all learned that by now.

disneygeek90

Which one of these is more "essential" than the other? Getting a tan or fighting for racial injustice?

The protests came at an inconvenient time, there's really no getting around that. However that doesn't mean we just throw in the towel now. The state is spiking, now's not the time to point fingers and say "they did it first so now we can do whatever we want with no masks and distancing."

lilypgirl

You had brought up the protests at least half a dozen times so I’d call it fixated at this point. The difference between people protesting and people going to a water park or a bar is not on topic here. It’s a political debate that I won’t engage in. As I said a while back 2 wrongs don’t make a right. We really should have all learned that by now.
It's not politics at all and it says a lot about you that you can't see past this issue. I have been reading your post and every time you get called to the carpet on something you can't defend you yell "politics" "politics. I honestly have no issue with protesting but you can't call out one group of people for selfish actions and not another. That's not politics that's just being one sided or a hypocrite. The choice is yours.

Heppenheimer

We are checking in next week to OKW we have our masks, our hand sanitizer, gloves if needed we will be at the pool and one person (myself) picking up the food as I have been since this thing started). But when I go to Publix and less than half the folks are not wearing gloves, or I go to Wawa
I was very confused for a second here, but then I remembered that Wawa expanded into Florida a few years ago. Can you get made-to-order hoagies down there too?

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
It's not politics at all and it says a lot about you that you can't see past this issue. I have been reading your post and every time you get called to the carpet on something you can't defend you yell "politics" "politics. I honestly have no issue with protesting but you can't call out one group of people for selfish actions and not another. That's not politics that's just being one sided or a hypocrite. The choice is yours.

Some of you don't have to yell "politics" to get your point across, love.

lilypgirl

Which one of these is more "essential" than the other? Getting a tan or fighting for racial injustice?

The protests came at an inconvenient time, there's really no getting around that. However that doesn't mean we just throw in the towel now. The state is spiking, now's not the time to point fingers and say "they did it first so now we can do whatever we want with no masks and distancing."
Honestly if we are in the middle of pandemic where millions might die neither. Really not the time to point fingers ??? I have read countless post doing just that which is why I have chosen this hill to die on. Also my calling this out doesn't mean I don't support the protest but it's cute that many just assume that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Most of the continuing protests are now mostly mask-wearing and even try to social distance as they march or gather.

If people whose anti-lockdown stance is all about not destroying the economy, then here's what you do: mandate masks and social distancing as you open up.

"Opening things up" and, at the same time, not wearing masks is counterproductive. A nice way of saying 'dumb.' It's the perfect storm to create a new spike.

And if they want to open up but are dead set against masks... then I highly doubt they were that worried about the economy in the first place, and just used that as an excuse to not wear a mask because of the inconvenience.

Minthorne

Most of the continuing protests are now mostly mask-wearing and even try to social distance as they march or gather.

If people whose anti-lockdown stance is all about not destroying the economy, then here's what you do: mandate masks and social distancing as you open up.

"Opening things up" and, at the same time, not wearing masks is counterproductive. A nice way of saying 'dumb.' It's the perfect storm to create a new spike.

And if they want to open up but are dead set against masks... then I highly doubt they were that worried about the economy in the first place, and just used that as an excuse to not wear a mask because of the inconvenience.

Masks are the new pants!!

1592503091605.png

DisneyDebRob

Anyone that doesn’t social distance and wear a mask when they should is selfis. Whether it be at a protest or bar. The difference is it’s impossible to do either in a bar. Can’t social distance and with a drink, your not wearing a mask. At least with the protesters , I can see most trying to do one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom