Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishGuy91

I've said it once and I'll say it again, the first few pages of this thread are truly incredible. No one could have guessed this is where we would have been 4 months later. This thread is a mini time capsule.
Thank you for suggesting this. It was quite the interesting read from only 3 months ago, how interesting and different our perspectives were. Two things are clear: we are not good medical advisors or economists.

Amused to Death

Titusville After Launch.jpeg

Here's what social distancing looked like at today's SpaceX Demo-2 launch. :eek:

kgoose23

Only the upstate portions of NY. NYC hasnt even moved into Phase 1 although that is looking to happen on June 8th. Marie
As an upstate New Yorker who lives in an area that has thankfully seen very minimal Covid activity this checkpoint business frustrates me. I get the nyc/tristate area the fl. Governor referenced in his order and trying to limit those folks but like at many other times i wish people would understand nyc is not all of ny state. Hopefully by our next trip we won’t have to worry about it.

JoeCamel

As an upstate New Yorker who lives in an area that has thankfully seen very minimal Covid activity this checkpoint business frustrates me. I get the nyc/tristate area the fl. Governor referenced in his order and trying to limit those folks but like at many other times i wish people would understand nyc is not all of ny state. Hopefully by our next trip we won’t have to worry about it.
It won't go much longer.

SugarMagnolia75

You can chastise me now, but ill be there August 9th as long as all goes well.

Here are my intentions and thoughts.

Sure, the parks will not " be the same" but will they ever really be the same? Maybe I have to wear a mask, maybe i wont by then. But ask yourself this. will it change the wonder in a child's eyes the first time they see Pirates, or the first time you bite into that Churro. Do these memories change? No!

Sure there's no fast pass, something our family has hated, as we want to experience as we feel, not as we planned 6 months ago. Lets throw the clipboard of fun into the lagoon! The teary eyes when i drive under the welcome sign wont change.

There's silver linings in it all. Sure the park hours will be less, but if lines are shorter, and there's less guests, does one really need a 14 hour park day to " be on vacation"?

For us i say no. We are multi timers, and are lucky enough to live around 9 to 10 hours from the parks. We drive. We can be there tomorrow if we needed to be. We go about once a year.

For us Meet and Greets aren't something on our radar, neither is the 3 pm parade, but i will gladly point you there and tell you the time if you ask ;) we dodge parades to ride our favorite attractions. Most of the time we try to dodge fireworks to grab an illusive ride on Peter Pans flight as we didn't get up early enough to get a fastpass.

We will relish these memories that this trip presents. Sure it wont be"The same" but for my niece and nephew that have never been, its more than a trip to Disney, Its one on one time with their Aunt and Uncle that moved away 6 years ago, and they never get to see. Its their first dolewhip, its their first Mickey pretzel. Its their first Safari. They are teenagers. Seeing the characters from the bridge and saying thats Mickey Mouse, is good enough for them.
Sure i want them to experience the fireworks, and no one does them better, and maybe by august they will, but if not, its more time to spend with them. Maybe we go to the springs, maybe we have a movie night in our room with our Disney Plus. Maybe we get up early and make a special pre day breakfast ( we have a suite this trip kind of exctited) to get charged for what park we have a reservation that day. Lots of personal magic can be made.

Sure the parks "Wont be the same" but they are different every single day. There will still be magic, some you may have to invent yourself, but, that is what Walt intended all those years ago. Its much more than the attractions, or the meet and greets, its the time spent with family that you will remember for ever and ever.

We don't plan to go again until January 2021, but I agree. Of course, we're DVC owners with APs and we don't even do full days anymore. I think that our next trip will have a completely different feel after everything that has happened over the last few months.

It’s made it impossible to ride anything without a fast pass unless you like waiting 2 hours. I’m looking forward to not planning.
You will probably spend less money without the dining plan.

I'd like to think that the silver lining of all this is getting rid of FP+.

Kevin_W

We’ve been able to adapt pretty well to Disney’s changes through the years, but FP+ works so well for us I would hate to see it go. We would adapt, but there might be some whining.
Fp+ works well for us too. But we went to Disneyland last year and used maxpass and that worked well too.
We did one day with just paper fp and my wife didn't not enjoy going back to the days of me being a fp runner.

Amused to Death

It's just a trick of the camera!
Yes, I know you're joking.

No, that one is a photo of idiots.

Correct! Here are a few more shots of the SpaceX crowds that will have your head shaking. If the public is going to carry on like this, Disney might as well just open the flood gates. 😆

SpaceX Park.jpg

SpaceX Park 2.jpg

SpaceX Line for Food Truck.jpg

At least the line for a Dole Whip is slightly spread out! 😂

Here's a USA Today article explaining the bridge photo was anything but faked:

Chi84

Premium Member
Fp+ works well for us too. But we went to Disneyland last year and used maxpass and that worked well too.
We did one day with just paper fp and my wife didn't not enjoy going back to the days of me being a fp runner.
We do a lot of pool/water park mornings, then go to the parks later in the day. FP+ lets us get on rides like FOP and TT.

disneygeek90

Yes, I know you're joking.

Correct! Here are a few more shots of the SpaceX crowds that will have your head shaking. If the public is going to carry on like this, Disney might as well just open the flood gates. 😆

View attachment 473983

View attachment 473984

View attachment 473982

At least the line for a Dole Whip is slightly spread out! 😂

Here's a USA Today article explaining the bridge photo was anything but faked:

I think this shows exactly why Disney is putting the current measures in place. Unless people are specifically told they have to wear a mask, they won’t. Unless social distancing is pushed, they won’t do that either. Even though these measures likely won’t save 100% of the population from being infected while in WDW, it should save more than not doing anything at all.

Disstevefan1

I have thought of something that may be screwing up the COVID data. For the daily positive numbers I think they are using the date the sample was processed NOT the day the sample was taken. If the labs take weeks to process the tests then post the results as a positive on the day it was processed, it may have been two weeks since the sample was taken. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom