Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainahman

You have the right attitude to make it work, and for those like you, it will be great. However, a lot of people don't view it that way and it will be a challenge that they wont want to do.
Believe you me, its been hard around here for a few days. These kids through no fault of their own have been promised by someone many times that " your going to disney" just to have it ripped out from them. To us its more about the time spent with them, and them finally getting what they were promised all those years ago. I relish to look over on soarin and see the wonder in their eyes, or the terror of Disco yeti. I feel for all of those, that it wont work, that want to see the characters at that level, and i hope it gets back to "normal" as soon as possible. Thats the beauty of Disney, is it has so many different ways to be done.

Miss Bella

Believe you me, its been hard around here for a few days. These kids through no fault of their own have been promised by someone many times that " your going to disney" just to have it ripped out from them. To us its more about the time spent with them, and them finally getting what they were promised all those years ago. I relish to look over on soarin and see the wonder in their eyes, or the terror of Disco yeti. I feel for all of those, that it wont work, that want to see the characters at that level, and i hope it gets back to "normal" as soon as possible. Thats the beauty of Disney, is it has so many different ways to be done.
We’ll be there the same day as you. I’m fine with all of it. I hate fast plus and I’m looking forward to less people in the parks.

Mainahman

We’ll be there the same day as you. I’m fine with all of it. I hate fast plus and I’m looking forward to less people in the parks.
Weve never been a fan, and never done it to be honest. we always managed to dodge parades, get things day of, and dodge fireworks some nights to get all of our favorites. As long as i can be there, ill be there. Loosing our QS dining plan is a kick in the tush, but We have the DIsney Visa, and ive been banking points all year to help with that and souvenirs. Mask or not, i can still eat and drink! Maybe we will run into each other one never knows!

corsairk09

You can chastise me now, but ill be there August 9th as long as all goes well.

Here are my intentions and thoughts.

Sure, the parks will not " be the same" but will they ever really be the same? Maybe I have to wear a mask, maybe i wont by then. But ask yourself this. will it change the wonder in a child's eyes the first time they see Pirates, or the first time you bite into that Churro. Do these memories change? No!

Sure there's no fast pass, something our family has hated, as we want to experience as we feel, not as we planned 6 months ago. Lets throw the clipboard of fun into the lagoon! The teary eyes when i drive under the welcome sign wont change.

There's silver linings in it all. Sure the park hours will be less, but if lines are shorter, and there's less guests, does one really need a 14 hour park day to " be on vacation"?

For us i say no. We are multi timers, and are lucky enough to live around 9 to 10 hours from the parks. We drive. We can be there tomorrow if we needed to be. We go about once a year.

For us Meet and Greets aren't something on our radar, neither is the 3 pm parade, but i will gladly point you there and tell you the time if you ask ;) we dodge parades to ride our favorite attractions. Most of the time we try to dodge fireworks to grab an illusive ride on Peter Pans flight as we didn't get up early enough to get a fastpass.

We will relish these memories that this trip presents. Sure it wont be"The same" but for my niece and nephew that have never been, its more than a trip to Disney, Its one on one time with their Aunt and Uncle that moved away 6 years ago, and they never get to see. Its their first dolewhip, its their first Mickey pretzel. Its their first Safari. They are teenagers. Seeing the characters from the bridge and saying thats Mickey Mouse, is good enough for them.
Sure i want them to experience the fireworks, and no one does them better, and maybe by august they will, but if not, its more time to spend with them. Maybe we go to the springs, maybe we have a movie night in our room with our Disney Plus. Maybe we get up early and make a special pre day breakfast ( we have a suite this trip kind of exctited) to get charged for what park we have a reservation that day. Lots of personal magic can be made.

Sure the parks "Wont be the same" but they are different every single day. There will still be magic, some you may have to invent yourself, but, that is what Walt intended all those years ago. Its much more than the attractions, or the meet and greets, its the time spent with family that you will remember for ever and ever.

I hope you all have sooooo much fun!

Miss Bella

Weve never been a fan, and never done it to be honest. we always managed to dodge parades, get things day of, and dodge fireworks some nights to get all of our favorites. As long as i can be there, ill be there. Loosing our QS dining plan is a kick in the tush, but We have the DIsney Visa, and ive been banking points all year to help with that and souvenirs. Mask or not, i can still eat and drink! Maybe we will run into each other one never knows!
It’s made it impossible to ride anything without a fast pass unless you like waiting 2 hours. I’m looking forward to not planning.
You will probably spend less money without the dining plan.

Mainahman

It’s made it impossible to ride anything without a fast pass unless you like waiting 2 hours. I’m looking forward to not planning.
Yep! We got a suite for extra room, so we plan to just bring breakfasts with us as we drive. We only get DDP when we have extra people with us, my daughter, or this time niece and nephew. The new plan now is to have breakfast in our suite, pack small snacks in the bags for something when you just need to fill the face hole with something. We only do QS as we hate loosing time sitting down, so that will be easier, and we will still spend on special snacks etc. Ill tell you we went in 2018 for my birthday. We didnt get a single fastpass ahead of time. I managed to get everything on the fly, and i rode everything between EMH, and parade dodging. I missed out on 7DMT, but that was literally it. We had a BLAST on our terms.

Phil12

Sure, the parks will not " be the same" but will they ever really be the same? Maybe I have to wear a mask, maybe i wont by then. But ask yourself this. will it change the wonder in a child's eyes the first time they see Pirates, or the first time you bite into that Churro. Do these memories change? No!

Sure there's no fast pass, something our family has hated, as we want to experience as we feel, not as we planned 6 months ago. Lets throw the clipboard of fun into the lagoon! The teary eyes when i drive under the welcome sign wont change.

There's silver linings in it all. Sure the park hours will be less, but if lines are shorter, and there's less guests, does one really need a 14 hour park day to " be on vacation"?

For us i say no. We are multi timers, and are lucky enough to live around 9 to 10 hours from the parks. We drive. We can be there tomorrow if we needed to be. We go about once a year.

For us Meet and Greets aren't something on our radar, neither is the 3 pm parade, but i will gladly point you there and tell you the time if you ask ;) we dodge parades to ride our favorite attractions. Most of the time we try to dodge fireworks to grab an illusive ride on Peter Pans flight as we didn't get up early enough to get a fastpass.

We will relish these memories that this trip presents. Sure it wont be"The same" but for my niece and nephew that have never been, its more than a trip to Disney, Its one on one time with their Aunt and Uncle that moved away 6 years ago, and they never get to see. Its their first dolewhip, its their first Mickey pretzel. Its their first Safari. They are teenagers. Seeing the characters from the bridge and saying thats Mickey Mouse, is good enough for them.
Sure i want them to experience the fireworks, and no one does them better, and maybe by august they will, but if not, its more time to spend with them. Maybe we go to the springs, maybe we have a movie night in our room with our Disney Plus. Maybe we get up early and make a special pre day breakfast ( we have a suite this trip kind of exctited) to get charged for what park we have a reservation that day. Lots of personal magic can be made.

Sure the parks "Wont be the same" but they are different every single day. There will still be magic, some you may have to invent yourself, but, that is what Walt intended all those years ago. Its much more than the attractions, or the meet and greets, its the time spent with family that you will remember for ever and ever.
Yes indeed I agree with your intentions and methods. I too do much the same. However, I was a little taken aback when you failed to mention the joy of eating giant turkey legs! I suppose you overlooked that in your state excitement.

Mainahman

Yes indeed I agree with your intentions and methods. I too do much the same. However, I was a little taken aback when you failed to mention the joy of eating giant turkey legs! I suppose you overlooked that in your state excitement.
Why yes! id like to chomp one on my way to pirates! There isnt a food i dont like to partake in. Honestly half the reason i go is for the food! #stayhungry

Disstevefan1

@Mainahman , love your positive attitude, you MUST file a trip report here and tell us how it went!

Mainahman

@Mainahman , love your positive attitude, you MUST file a trip report here and tell us how it went!
Oh I will :) I have a Pre Trip report going now, that i had started back when we booked this " surprise your finally going to Disney" trip for them back in September, and hadn't done much with it. Now things are all fluid like this. I went back to it. I love doing trip reports when we get back, and tying all the photos to it, and re living it once again, so that will come for sure! we live in TN, and its hotter than the face of the sun here too. Our zoo opens here shortly i told my wife, we can start prepping for masks at disney by going there.

lazyboy97o

Disney limiting capacity and seeking to drive down attractions per guest per hour is what created long lines and crowding. FastPass+ is just the opiate that is supposed to make you happy about that reduced experience.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just tested this out, it was pretty messy. Had to wait for an email supposedly sent out at noon. I received mine at 12:09 and by the time I got through to the site everything was gone for 6/4. I don't think I was going to go regardless but that wasn't a good process. I wonder if they will drop more for the other tiers of passes at 1 and 2, but I'm thinking no.

Edit: Now there are times available again, but it won't let me "add to cart." Not surprised that there's issues at all. Hopefully Disney's reservation system will be a little more developed and thought out.

Well, it's nice to know that it's not just Disney that tries to control crowds with last-minute surprise announcements and then lets the vagaries of the 'Net and servers control what is basically a lottery.

;)

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

Here is exactly the type of press Disney is trying to avoid with its rules and slower pace.

:(
Disney and any other major park getting ready to open. Of course I believe the “ it’s not our responsibility, you are accepting the risk” part was included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom