The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So the kids had their school evaluations. My oldest graduated officially now. They are hoping to have a graduation ceremony. The evaluator's husband is actually in charge of the ceremony. Our local state senator is supposed to be speaking at it so I hope it doesn't get canceled. She said she told her husband that they should just have it in her backyard.

Congrats for the graduation!

Beautiful pictures. I prefer the pictures of you and Brad without the masks. I like seeing the smiles.

Thank you! I prefer the pictures of us without masks too, mostly because I hate wearing masks. But as long was it is recommended to wear them I will.

21stamps

So the kids had their school evaluations. My oldest graduated officially now. They are hoping to have a graduation ceremony. The evaluator's husband is actually in charge of the ceremony. Our local state senator is supposed to be speaking at it so I hope it doesn't get canceled. She said she told her husband that they should just have it in her backyard.

Oh I really hope they get to have it!! I’ve seen so many photos of drive by graduation ceremonies.
Let them be outdoors and separated, but still able to do something together

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
There is a pig in my yard. I can't get a good picture because it's behind a tree and animal control doesn't want me to disturb it before they get here. James has already named it and wants to know if we can keep it:rolleyes:

One Thanksgiving in the early 2000's I was having dinner with my family and we looked out the window and there was a huge hog under my mom's bird feeder. He had escaped from the livestock sales barn a few days previously (on auction day). It was kind of funny to see. My brother-in-law tried to get it but it ran away. I know my dad called someone, probably animal control/police. Incidentally that was the Thanksgiving my mom used her new oven, she had gotten it about a week before Thanksgiving. We all ended up getting sick from undercooked stuffing from the bird, we are pretty sure it was that because because everyone except my dad got sick and the one thing he didn't eat was the stuffing. It was a memorable Thanksgiving.

donaldtoo

I watched the live feed during lunch as they were drivin’ the astronauts out to the launch site and all the way up ‘til they were strappin’ ‘em in to the capsule, then had to get back to it at the office.
There are a coupla’ other flight/space nerds in the office. Of course, we were all disappointed when they had to scrub the mission, but, as we all know from past experience in this regard, better safe than dead meat.
One asked me if I remembered Apollo 13, and I assured him I did.
He also asked me if I remembered the Apollo 8 fire. No, that would have been the Apollo 1 test in 1967, and I was just over 4 years old, so I didn’t remember hearing about it on the news, but, of course, it’s been common knowledge to me for a very long time now. An extremely sad incident, but, lessons learned.
I asked him if he had ever seen the movie “The Right Stuff” (1983) and he had not.
Any flight/space nut who has not seen this movie needs to. It’s about the beginnings of the Mercury Spaceflight program. It’s also over 3 hrs. long without commercials, but, has actors like Fred Ward, Sam Shepard, Ed Harris, and Dennis Quaid starring in it. Along with Chuck Yeager, the man who broke the sound barrier in 1947 in the Bell X-1, doin’ a cameo as a bartender, servin’ the movie Chuck Yeager (Sam Shepard) drinks...!!!!! :hilarious:
Without goin’ into further detail, I have always loved this movie...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom