The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Yup. Sounds like a normal kid to me! :joyfull:

(When I was a kid, my parents said I was fickle - I explained that I was just continually having brilliant idea after brilliant idea. Therefore, as a genius, I had to keep updating my data.) :p

I’ll never forget when he was really into Power Rangers when he was little.. the toys, the show, imaginative play.. he loved them. So, I planned a big Power Rangers bday party that year.
A few days before the party, cake ordered, decorations bought, he says “Mommy, you know how I loved Power Rangers? Well, i don’t now. I’m over them.”

Sometimes I feel that kids just want to make their parents scramble.. like it’s a game in itself. 😂😂

StarWarsGirl

I've been experimenting with using fans instead of my AC unit because I was reading how much less energy fans used, and because I have to set the AC really low in order to cool A's attic room.

Yesterday the temps got up to 91* with a feels like 96*. Throughout the day and night, the attic room felt cooler than the rest of the house, I think because there was more air circulating. We could definitely feel how warm it was, but we were comfortable and didn't break a sweat. I had no motivation to do anything like chores or have a dance party in the living room, though, so I don't consider it a complete win.

The attic space has two window fans - one on the left side of the house, one on the right. Downstairs has a ceiling fan in my bedroom and a ceiling fan in the living room. I think I'll end up getting another window fan for my bedroom to really encourage the cooler air at night to come in.

Unfortunately, when I found a window fan I liked from Amazon, I clicked "Buy Again" and they sent me a completely different fan that was NOT okay. It loudly clicks when it runs and each setting change brings on really loud beeping. And because we've had such hot weather here, the ones I like are now sold out :(
The only thing would be that if you have allergies, I wouldn't use fans. It'll just blow everything around. I'd use actual AC.

Says the person who ran a HEPA filter on turbo for most of yesterday...

Goofyernmost

More power too you for trying fans... I tried to sleep on the 2nd floor without air the first summer in this house... you bet your butt the next year I had A/C... and since I have to work at home this summer, it is going to be on when it's warm!
Trying fans? Any A/C available when I was a kid would have been way out of my families ability to buy. I had bedroom on the second floor. What was an attic when we first moved in. Hot? It was damn hot! I was allocated one large window fan in an attempt to blow the old very hot air out and pull still hot, but, not as hot, air from outside in. It created a breeze but mostly in a straight line from one end to the other (over 50 feet) and a 12 inch oscillating fan that I could point directly at myself as I tried to sleep. That same fan was moved to the living room during the day to keep all four of us chilly. I told you folks about the pickup camper that we went to Florida in back in 1962. Four of us in an 8 foot camper with ONE 6 inch stationary fan. We did not think that Florida would be that hot in July. It was! Except for my year in sunny southeast Asia I have never been without A/C since. I look at historic pictures of the early 1900's here in NC and wonder how those people survived, especially the, head to toe, layer covered women.

21stamps

Trying fans? Any A/C available when I was a kid would have been way out of my families ability to buy. I had bedroom on the second floor. What was an attic when we first moved in. Hot? It was damn hot! I was allocated one large window fan in an attempt to blow the old very hot air out and pull still hot, but, not as hot, air from outside in. It created a breeze but mostly in a straight line from one end to the other (over 50 feet) and a 12 inch oscillating fan that I could point directly at myself as I tried to sleep. That same fan was moved to the living room during the day to keep all four of us chilly. I told you folks about the pickup camper that we went to Florida in back in 1962. Four of us in an 8 foot camper with ONE 6 inch stationary fan. We did not think that Florida would be that hot in July. It was! Except for my year in sunny southeast Asia I have never been without A/C since. I look at historic pictures of the early 1900's here in NC and wonder how those people survived, especially the, head to toe, layer covered women.

My family has always had a summer home on the Jersey Shore.. the one we had when I was little was passed down from one of my great aunts. It was a 3 bedroom shack on the water.. great dock, loads of fun, but an AC window unit in the master bedroom, that was it. The rest was fans and windows. I still remember how hot it was, and how my siblings and I would pretty much change into tank tops and underwear whenever we would be in for the night.Lol. The photos are pretty funny.
Eventually that house was torn down and my mom and her sisters had another one built.. with central AC.. I remember being so happy about not sweating in my clothes indoors, but I missed the shack-ness of the old one.. there was a certain charm about it.

SteveBrickNJ

@SteveBrickNJ Do you remember all of the shack houses on the shore? Before all of the new shiny indistinguishable condos and new homes took over?
I almost think I preferred how it was back then.

I have the same thoughts on Kitty Hawk and Nags Head NC though.. maybe I’m just nostalgic now that I’m old.
There are still pockets of those type homes here and there. Have a great day!

Songbird76

I am with you... I hate the name Sue, even though people still call me that from my past... SUE SUE... I'm going to SUE you.... it's just an ugly name IMHO. My niece calls me Aunt SUUUuuuUUUUUUuuuUUUsan!
My niece calls me Auntie Sue, but I don't mind it so much from her because she's cute and it doesn't sound so....negative, I guess? But my brother's family are the only ones who call me Sue.

MySmallWorldof4

So the kids had their school evaluations. My oldest graduated officially now. They are hoping to have a graduation ceremony. The evaluator's husband is actually in charge of the ceremony. Our local state senator is supposed to be speaking at it so I hope it doesn't get canceled. She said she told her husband that they should just have it in her backyard.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The only thing would be that if you have allergies, I wouldn't use fans. It'll just blow everything around. I'd use actual AC.

Says the person who ran a HEPA filter on turbo for most of yesterday...

The only one who has environmental allergies in our house is the dog, and she's mostly allergic just to Pine pollen. When we lived in NC it was real bad. But here, even with all the windows open, she'll get a little eye boogers but nothing else.

Imagine getting a HEPA filter for your dog though, LOL!!

Rista1313

The only one who has environmental allergies in our house is the dog, and she's mostly allergic just to Pine pollen. When we lived in NC it was real bad. But here, even with all the windows open, she'll get a little eye boogers but nothing else.

Imagine getting a HEPA filter for your dog though, LOL!!

Pine pollen is nasty stuff... when I lived in NC, I hated it. Green dust everywhere!

epcotisbest

Pine pollen is nasty stuff... when I lived in NC, I hated it. Green dust everywhere!

Pollen on one of my grills a little while back. And this grill is located inside a screened in porch. Obviously the pollen coats everything on the porch, right through the screens. I take a pressure washer to the porch every season as soon as the pollen is over with. Thankfully pollen season is over now and we are enjoying the porch again.

pollen.jpg

MySmallWorldof4

MySmallWorldof4

I just went in to check on T.

He said.. “Mom, I was thinking. I’m not going to accept an offer tomorrow. I’m going to switch to travel baseball instead. I’ve realized that I miss baseball more than I miss soccer.”

I’m speechless.

Told him to sleep on it, he can decide tomorrow if he wants to accept or not. I’m leaving the travel baseball thing alone right now. We’ll discuss in the morning.
Wow. Just.. Wow.
I am really shocked! Don’t know if anything changed today. Will have to keep reading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom