Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

disney4life2008

As someone that only recently moved out of Orlando, and still has family in Orlando, I can attest to that being very untrue. The only thing that Citywalk draws in locals for is the clubs. Everything else is highly reliant on foot traffic to and from the parks/resorts. Springs (post-transformation) has become a local hotspot largely thanks to its ease of access. Heck, it’s apparently become an “it-spot” among pretty much every age group, even the gimmicky teens and YA’s.

Actually no. As someone who has lived here for 5 plus years that is incorrect. Disney springs attracts a different local population than city walk. And again only those sips fall into the trap of spending money there.

To your credit, yes city walk is for clubs. But their clubs are kind of dated.

WDW862

As someone that only recently moved out of Orlando, and still has family in Orlando, I can attest to that being very untrue. The only thing that Citywalk draws in locals for is the clubs. Everything else is highly reliant on foot traffic to and from the parks/resorts. Springs (post-transformation) has become a local hotspot largely thanks to its ease of access. Heck, it’s apparently become an “it-spot” among pretty much every age group, even the gimmicky teens and YA’s.
90% of the things that this guy says is untrue. He claims that Central Florida "has nothing to do".

disney4life2008

As someone who has lived in central Florida off and on for 30 years I can say that is the exact opposite of how every local I know feels.

Again, we talking about two different groups of locals. And you are talking about locals you know. I'm talking about locals I know. Disney springs is a waste.

disney4life2008

90% of the things that this guy says is untrue. He claims that Central Florida "has nothing to do".
Lol I said Orlando! If you go quote me I suggest you get the quote correctly! Central Florida the region has plenty to do but Orlando does not. Now when you learn to correctly cite my statement then we can talk.

HauntedMansionFLA

You don’t have to air quote “experts”. They’re smarter than us in this regard. Don’t blindly trust them, but give it more consideration than your average politician or pundit.

And just wear the god damn mask. This is temporary.
Hopefully the mask won’t be part of the plan since LegoLand an Fun Spot Orlando are leaving it up The guest on their choice. Hopefully the a Liability Shield comes soon and one can make up their mind. One can wear a mask Or they don’t Have to if they feel like it. If you are worried or scared ( which one would be if you have underlying issues ) then it might not be the best time to come to the parks.

disney4life2008

Hopefully the mask won’t be part of the plan since LegoLand an Fun Spot Orlando are leaving it up The guest on their choice. Hopefully the a Liability Shield comes soon and one can make up their mind. One can wear a mask Or they don’t Have to if they feel like it. If you are worried or scared ( which one would be if you have underlying issues ) then it might not be the best time to come to the parks.

That is my thought process. Leave it up to the guest. But it won't happen.

Tony Perkis

Wear the mask. It isn’t that restraining to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainsOfDisney

Well unless I missed something. Pleasure island was the same thing. And Epcot is the absolute worst if you talking about people getting lit. It's one thing to be in college and get lit it's a whole other to be 50 years old walking around drunk.

It was becoming that more and more which is one of the reasons Disney no longer wanted it I think. I wish it could have become a more upscale place with live big band dancing (like they have at Disneyland), keep the comedy clubs, add a piano bar, etc.

disney4life2008

It was becoming that more and more which is one of the reasons Disney no longer wanted it I think. I wish it could have become a more upscale place with live big band dancing (like they have at Disneyland), keep the comedy clubs, add a piano bar, etc.

I agree. And I'm sure that's why it closed. But people just do it at epcot which is a bad look.

No Name

If Universal is open for a month or so before Disney, it’s not like they’re going to usurp the spot of number one tourist destination, or steal the whole labor market, or anything else. Disney could stick to their original plan and be relatively fine, in my opinion.

The reality is if during June UO has an outbreak on property, Disney will look like geniuses.
Exactly.

Tony Perkis

If Universal is open for a month or so before Disney, it’s not like they’re going to usurp the spot of number one tourist destination, or steal the whole labor market, or anything else. Disney could stick to their original plan and be relatively fine, in my opinion.
I don’t think anyone made or expects Universal to surpass Disney. Logistically, that’s a near impossibility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom