Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

Stevie Amsterdam

Why do you people trust anonymous "insiders" when you could just get your information directly from me? I am CEO after all!
Ok Bob, answer me this please:

I wanted to enter the exclusive Club 33, but I didn't know the password, so for a while I watched the cast member at the door to figure it out.

A lady came up and the cast member said, “12.” The woman replied, “6.” The cast member lets her in.

A gentleman comes up and the cast member says, “6.” The man says “3” and the cast member lets him in.

I feel like I've heard enough so I go up to the door. The cast member says “10,” and I reply, “5.” Unfortunately, the cast member tells me to get lost :(

What should I have said instead?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

I wanted to enter the exclusive Club 33, but I didn't know the password, so for a while I watched the cast member at the door to figure it out.

A lady came up and the cast member said, “12.” The woman replied, “6.” The cast member lets her in.

A gentleman comes up and the cast member says, “6.” The man says “3” and the cast member lets him in.

I feel like I've heard enough so I go up to the door. The cast member says “10,” and I reply, “5.” Unfortunately, the cast member tells me to get lost :(

He will ask the real power @TheRealBobIger and get back to you .

Giss Neric

I initially thought Disney let Universal open first just to see how it works out. I am surprised by their original plans of August 31st. Are you serious?

Lilofan

Slipping them some crispy bills could be worth a try. Cast members need to find a way to pay their rent on time.

nickys

Premium Member
The DVC guarantee isn’t even a room. It’s an allocation of points. They’ve already shown that they will extend the validity of those points as long as they want to make this work.

So far they have, to some extent and within the remit of what timeshare laws allow, but retrospectively as it were. So after weeks of not knowing what would happen, they extended the validity of points for whose reservations had long past. But already banked points were lost.

However the original question on DVC was what would they do if a member couldn’t get to Florida (or not without quarantine restrictions). The answer to that is nothing. And they aren’t obligated to either.

TeriofTerror

Hopefully the mask won’t be part of the plan since LegoLand an Fun Spot Orlando are leaving it up The guest on their choice. Hopefully the a Liability Shield comes soon and one can make up their mind. One can wear a mask Or they don’t Have to if they feel like it. If you are worried or scared ( which one would be if you have underlying issues ) then it might not be the best time to come to the parks.
I believe requiring guests to wear masks was part of the deal Disney negotiated with the unions. I would therefore think discontinuing that requirement could be complicated.
ETA: I see others have already made this point. That's what I get for sleeping in until 5:30 AM! 😂

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Honestly I don’t think any of the insiders on this board know as much as they act. The Disney company is huge.

Oh, that must be why our established insiders have consistently over many years broken stories here before any official announcement. Because they don’t know much.

Sadly, because of bloggers and other site owners using their info as sources without crediting them, they have cut their posting dramatically over the last couple of years. And in their place we get wanna-be insiders posting a mixture of a few facts (which have often been posted elsewhere) with a bucket load of speculation.

It’s a shame, and has changed the focus of the forum.

nickys

Premium Member
Regarding the masks, why doesn't Disney just recommend them instead of requiring them, and make guests sign a waiver before entering? The curve has been flattened so I don't really understand why they need to be mandatory for guests who don't want to wear one.
Because it’s about protecting others, not yourself. If you cough or sneeze, the mask catches the droplets, or most of them.

nickys

Premium Member
Hopefully the mask won’t be part of the plan since LegoLand an Fun Spot Orlando are leaving it up The guest on their choice. Hopefully the a Liability Shield comes soon and one can make up their mind. One can wear a mask Or they don’t Have to if they feel like it. If you are worried or scared ( which one would be if you have underlying issues ) then it might not be the best time to come to the parks.
Legoland is recommending and encouraging masks on ages 3 and up, unless they have breathing problems or physically cannot remove it themselves .

nickys

Premium Member

“Don’t you know who I am”?
or
“That isn’t divisible by 3”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If Uni can open, I see no reason for WDW to not be open.
There are hundreds of them...most have been covered.
Universal’s really sticking their neck out and could put themselves in a very bad position. It’s in Disney’s best interest to wait as long as possible.
Universal is run by Comcast...in dealings with Comcast, has anyone really gotten the impression they care?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hopefully the mask won’t be part of the plan since LegoLand an Fun Spot Orlando are leaving it up The guest on their choice.
The CM unions are in control. We're gonna fight to keep mask as a requirement for as long as possible.
The unions will have to give up some things.

No. They don't.

Listen, here, @HauntedMansionFLA, the union represents the workers, and the workers don't want to die of COVID or spread it back to their families and have granma die of COVID. They negotiated with Disney for the wearing of masks to protect them from guests who are infected. And seeing how people like you don't want to wear a mask to protect others in case you're infected, then it's darned wise of them to insist upon it lest these same people who minimize or ignore the risk decide to invade the CMs' space and cough or sneeze openly... because it seems they don't care what their actions may do to others.

So, no, the union and the people who work at Disney don't have to give up their health for your convenience.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On today's edition of what does and doesn't match what I've heard

Does Match
  • MK Opening First with its resorts (I think we've all known that for a while)
  • Disney was caught off guard by June 1st for UOR (I think we all were)
  • Everything about Disney Springs's opening being not perfect
  • High Acceleration Attraction Issue (Although, I believe that it was deemed a fluke accident)
  • Fireworks Issues (Which shouldn't be a problem due to the lack of plans to brig them back
Doesn't Match
  • Original Opening date as August 31 (I was most recently told the gear up would begin in the last week of June with a public opening in the week following the 4th of July)
  • "Mask Relief Areas," at least the way described by @WDW Pro were not on the table. Any potential relief area would use a much bigger space, with a couple of other quirks

At the end of the day, both Disney and SeaWorld were thrown for a loop by UOR opening on June 1. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed that three levels of clearance would approve this, especially when their proposal had some glaring omissions. I doubt we see anyone in a WDW park before the halway point of June (if rushed), but more likely July.
I can believe any and all of this leaked info...

“Shut up and open” is always where this was going to go. And Mr. Roberts was always in the best position to enter that gauntlet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom