WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KikoKea

A valid point. Although their website says they are working with their partners at WDW on a re-opening plan and they have also shifted new reservations to 7/1 its ultimately different owners so not a smoking gun on what Disney is planning. As a point of reference the military owned resort in Hawaii isn’t taking reservations until 9/1 with Honolulu on a stay at home oder through June 30.
They've been taking reservations all Spring- this is the 2nd cancellation for us- so SoG was not shying away from the possibility of opening when WDW does.

rle4lunch

The trouble with this kind of position is that, as has too often been posted in the history of WDW boards, Disney is a business.
Simply, if they don't have enough people coming, they won't make money.

Second, they have a brand/image to protect. They need people to keep coming over the long term to make money.

It is all in the numbers.

The potential flaw in your argument is assuming the numbers are favorable, and that they will continue to be favorable over the long term. It is a big gamble for WDW. Like it or not, WDW needs (more or less) a majority of the public to agree with what they do. Even 5 years from now, they will STILL need a majority of the public to agree with what the choices they make in 2020.

The second challenge with your position is again that WDW needs actual customers. Desire isn't enough. People also need money. They have to be able to afford a trip to WDW. And well, even if they have enough income, they have to feel like WDW is the place they want to spend that extra money.

Even supposing all the above is favorable, what WDW really needs is not just gate numbers, they also need people to spend money on splurges like: deluxe hotel rooms, souvenirs, and the deluxe dining plan. Given the current situation, I suspect many people of means are choosing to make donations right now.

Not trying to be crass, but the quote no s=&@ Sherlock quote comes to mind. I wasn't stating anything about the parks in that post. Talking about people. I've had enough marketing classes to understand basic business economics.

TrojanUSC

Fair enough. But at what point is it okay to open. With the Karens of this world, it seems that every day is too soon. We're coming up on June and summer. Three months since lockdown. Enough already. Be smart. Be responsible. But it's time to open.

Disney has access to the top experts in the world on this. They aren’t going to listen to politicians or fans. There’s many questions still to be answered about reopening and one disclaimer at a shopping mall is very different than opening a theme park. Chief among them is what this looks like in a month and if there’s a second wave. They would rather stay closed than be forced to close again.

JohnD

SeaWorld doing testing

I could see reopening in 2-3 weeks.

Riding a roller coaster with a mask on? I can see all kinds of problems. 1) Why? You're moving around and not in one spot anyway. Do you honestly think its going to do anything while you're traveling many miles per hour and doing loops, etc? 2) Mask comes loose and flies in your face or someone else's face. A lawsuit waiting to happen. 3) It falls to the ground. Someone picks it up. There could be other circumstances.

Jrb1979

Riding a roller coaster with a mask on? I can see all kinds of problems. 1) Why? You're moving around and not in one spot anyway. Do you honestly think its going to do anything while you're traveling many miles per hour and doing loops, etc? 2) Mask comes loose and flies in your face or someone else's face. A lawsuit waiting to happen. 3) It falls to the ground. Someone picks it up. There could be other circumstances.
Doubt that would happen. I have been on 100s of coasters and never had my glasses fall off when riding. Its the same with masks.

JohnD

Doubt that would happen. I have been on 100s of coasters and never had my glasses fall off when riding. Its the same with masks.

I take my glasses off. I mean. Do I really need to see perfectly on a coaster? And they're my only prescription pair. So I put them in my glasses case then in my backpack at my feet.

brianstl

Disney has access to the top experts in the world on this. They aren’t going to listen to politicians or fans. There’s many questions still to be answered about reopening and one disclaimer at a shopping mall is very different than opening a theme park. Chief among them is what this looks like in a month and if there’s a second wave. They would rather stay closed than be forced to close again.
They will listen to politicians. They are asking for their share of billions in a bailout and immunity from lawsuits.

Parker in NYC

I don't care about others on the board attacking me. I grew up without the internet, so i care less about being 'attacked' on a digital platform by internet experts that want to espouse their disdain for others having opinions that differ than their own. that said, i'll comply to a certain amount of restriction that i don't think will interfere too greatly with our VACATION (you know, something that's supposed to be stress free). If i feel that the ROI on my trip will be impacted too much, then I'll reschedule for a later date and do something else with my week off. big frickin' deal. lol

I espouse that remark.

ppete1975

Then herd immunity will happen at some point. Why is it so hard to follow physical distancing
I only asked because you said you wouldnt go unless there is a cure or vaccine. Success rate on covids has not been good in the past ( more money is being spent on this one though). My question was more how long would it take before you feel comfortable going.. if no cure or vaccine.

Jrb1979

I only asked because you said you wouldnt go unless there is a cure or vaccine. Success rate on covids has not been good in the past ( more money is being spent on this one though). My question was more how long would it take before you feel comfortable going.. if no cure or vaccine.
Not sure when I will go back and this is from someone who has a Cedar Fair platinum pass and goes to multiple parks a summer. I have no faith in people following the rules put in place. I see it online now with many coming up with ways around wearing masks and not following physical distancing

ppete1975

Fair enough. But at what point is it okay to open. With the Karens of this world, it seems that every day is too soon. We're coming up on June and summer. Three months since lockdown. Enough already. Be smart. Be responsible. But it's time to open.
Its like sports. Nobody wants to be first. Once someone opens/starts and hopefully goes well the others will follow. Its a game of chicken because nobody wants to open first then have something go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom