WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcotbob

I wasn't talking about right now. I was talking about why Epcot will probably be the last park to open after the parks do open. Its cause of the construction going on.

Aren't you just "speculating" that Epcot will stay closed longer? I've heard other say that that will happen as if they have some insider info, but then go on to explain why they "think" it will stay closed longer. So I think it's really just speculation at this point.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've seen this in multiple places, why does everyone assume EPOCT will be the last park to open? Honestly to me it seems like it should be the first park to open:

-Extremely large both in total acres and pedestrian path space
-Locals will most likely be the first guest returning, WS restaurants will make good money during this time compared to other parks
-Only park I could see having a night time show with social distancing due to extremely large viewing area
-No extreme high in demand ride (FOP, ROTR, peter pan) that will cause extremely long lines with the 6 foot rule.
-Tons of room for extended queues for almost all attractions
-No "interactive" rides that cause people to touch things (Buzz/TSMM)
-Most rides seem easy to social distance
--Omnimovers can easily load every other or every third
--Test Track and Mission Space 1 party per vehicle
--Frozen and Soarin get tricky
I think it’s all speculation at this point. There was some talk about having difficulty bringing the foreign CMs back if they left the country, but in theory they should have plenty of staff that can fill in temporarily even if not from the host country. WS may be a little problematic because some of the shops are small with narrow aisles but they can just limit capacity or if too problematic they don’t have to open every store. Frozen, Soarin and the interactive car building part of TT are problematic too. Is SSE going to be closed or is that refurb off now? That’s an easy one to social distance on.

peter11435

I think it’s all speculation at this point. There was some talk about having difficulty bringing the foreign CMs back if they left the country, but in theory they should have plenty of staff that can fill in temporarily even if not from the host country. WS may be a little problematic because some of the shops are small with narrow aisles but they can just limit capacity or if too problematic they don’t have to open every store. Frozen, Soarin and the interactive car building part of TT are problematic too. Is SSE going to be closed or is that refurb off now? That’s an easy one to social distance on.
Curious why you think soarin and frozen are problematic?

The car building at test track can be relatively easily turned off.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As if there aren't any differences between now and early March.
I’ve been playing xbox...what did I miss?
I don’t care if they open with 1% capacity and charge a premium for it...I just want them to start to open, so they’ll eventually work towards a complete opening. I’m sure Springs today will be awkward, but it’s getting them in a direction to going back to, somewhat, normal.
Would you like to run for the senate?

What’s the rush?
It probably won’t be.
Agreed...even in a wrecked state, it has a lot of capacity for foot traffic.

There’s one park that doesn’t at all and should be the last to open. Not debatable, really.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Frozen is pretty popular and has average capacity at best so if you are loading every other row or every third row that’s going to severely limit capacity. Soarin is popular too but has better capacity now. There are issues with the loading process keeping people spaced 6 feet apart. Each row would probably need to be an individual group with maybe 2 couples and 3 seats between being the exception there. It’s doable but will be limited in capacity and they will have to rethink the loading process. It will take longer to load with less people per cycle.

ZodIsGr8

I believe the water parks will be the last parks to open. Maybe that was what Marni1971 was referring to, but I do not want to speak for him. Have a great and safe day everyone!

Purduevian

Frozen, boats at an awkward size for social distancing. there are 4 rows that can hold 2-3 people each. Max capacity per boat would be 12 people, and obviously if they are all 1 group, nbd. Otherwise you really need to leave a row gap between parties to keep the 6 foot distance, meaning 2 groups of 4 can't share a boat. This means until you got a group of 3 or less, every boat leaves with 1 party per boat taking 12 normal spots.

Soarin also gets odd because you can't really fill the middle row (as in front, middle, back) because they get too close to other guests during the ride. In addition I think each row has 11 seats (maybe 10?) which also seems like an odd number to fill leaving a 1 seat gap between parties.

peter11435

Frozen, boats at an awkward size for social distancing. there are 4 rows that can hold 2-3 people each. Max capacity per boat would be 12 people, and obviously if they are all 1 group, nbd. Otherwise you really need to leave a row gap between parties to keep the 6 foot distance, meaning 2 groups of 4 can't share a boat. This means until you got a group of 3 or less, every boat leaves with 1 party per boat taking 12 normal spots.

Soarin also gets odd because you can't really fill the middle row (as in front, middle, back) because they get too close to other guests during the ride. In addition I think each row has 11 seats (maybe 10?) which also seems like an odd number to fill leaving a 1 seat gap between parties.
Capacity will be limited everywhere and every attraction will have challenges with social distancing and capacity restrictions. I don’t think these two are particularly worse than any others.

Don’t forget soarin is already open in Shanghai. I don’t see any reason you couldn’t load the middle row. Just need to leave seats between parties.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

The seats on Soarin are very narrow. If you want to keep 6 feet apart I’d say you probably need 3 empty seats between parties. So at most 2 parties per bench. I wasn’t thinking about the middle row either.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Capacity will be limited everywhere and every attraction will have challenges with social distancing and capacity restrictions. I don’t think these two are particularly worse than any others.

Don’t forget soarin is already open in Shanghai. I don’t see any reason you couldn’t load the middle row. Just need to leave seats between parties.
Nobody is saying it can’t be open just that the capacity will be severely limited. At EPCOT those 2 rides are the biggest issue due to the limits combined with popularity. There are other rides in the other parks just as problematic.

rle4lunch

Maybe Disney make a rental experience like this? For $32 an hour ($30/hr for DVC members), you can rent one with your choice of character represented on it!

"Just think how much fun you could have with the motorized scooter folk...!" "Introducing the newest trackless ride technology, WDO has spared no expense for your vacationing pleasure!" You too can be your own Disney character! Want to be Goofy, tripping at the mere sight of a banana peel? How bout Mickey after Mortimer Mouse shrinks you down to marble size and you have to escape? All this and more can be yours.

Attachments

• bub.gif
    bub.gif
    54.3 KB · Views: 59

Getachew

I've seen this in multiple places, why does everyone assume EPOCT will be the last park to open? Honestly to me it seems like it should be the first park to open:

-Extremely large both in total acres and pedestrian path space
-Locals will most likely be the first guest returning, WS restaurants will make good money during this time compared to other parks
-Only park I could see having a night time show with social distancing due to extremely large viewing area
-No extreme high in demand ride (FOP, ROTR, peter pan) that will cause extremely long lines with the 6 foot rule.
-Tons of room for extended queues for almost all attractions
-No "interactive" rides that cause people to touch things (Buzz/TSMM)
-Most rides seem easy to social distance
--Omnimovers can easily load every other or every third
--Test Track and Mission Space 1 party per vehicle
--Frozen and Soarin get tricky

I've been saying EPCOT is the best park for social distancing and DHS the worst for a while now.

Herdman

The seats on Soarin are very narrow. If you want to keep 6 feet apart I’d say you probably need 3 empty seats between parties. So at most 2 parties per bench. I wasn’t thinking about the middle row either.
It will be interesting to see if it's actually 6 feet in queues and on the rides. I watched the video on the procedurtes from Shanghai and the VP there repeated said the markings were one meter apart. They obviously weren't 6 feet. Different country, culture and set of circumstances, but that did catch my ear as he said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom