The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
Our “Stay at Home” order was officially extended to May 29th... but retail stores are opening up in a little under two weeks.

Home Depot is packed, I waited 25 minutes to get in yesterday. Target is packed. Grocery stores are packed. So I don’t really think the term “Stay at Home” is fitting of what we’re doing/allowed to do.
Our Lowe’s and Home Depot is always packed! We go early in the morning around 8-8:30 if we want to walk in. Or you can try an hour before they close. Lots less people both times.

MySmallWorldof4

Our governor extended again when the legislature wouldn't extend it in their session yesterday. May 28th. I have to say I'm starting to actually get ragey.
Some businesses in PA were allowed to reopen. The phase 2 counties will be able to reopen on the 8th. Those will be west of us. My neighbor is an ER physician. He said we were looking good, and then some people from NY came to visit relatives. Guess what present they brought? Also some people from a nursing home were sent to one in our county and guess what they brought as well? The county my husband works in is looking better. Hoping he will be able to go back soon.
There is a court case that the Supreme Court is taking where small businesses are contending the governor has overreached. It will be interesting to see where it goes since the court has decided to hear it and not dismiss it. The governor has till Monday to defend his order.

Lilofan

To Mom, - I'm hungry, cold, hot, Can I have.., I want to watch, Where are you, Can you ask Dad, Can you help me, He hurt me, She hurt me, I want to go there, When are we..? why are we..? Why can't we..?

To Dad, - Where's Mom?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just sitting, catching up on here, sipping my coffee, and keeping up with my instacart shopper. Later, I will be taking the pup to the groomer. With our revised shelter orders, the groomers are allowed to reopen, with curbside drop off and pick up.

How about you? What are you up to today?
The usual mount Laundry, cooking, yoga and sorting some summer patterns out in hopes I have time to sew next week:joyfull: BTW dinner tonight salad and gnocchi with marinara

21stamps

As with the schools, I’m not surprised that soccer is not happening, just held out a little hope. :(.
I am going to withhold this info from my son, at least for the time being.

23896E51-97BB-4A94-85C8-375A814C6FDD.jpeg

We can’t do another 60 days of this. May 29th has to be the end of it!! I don’t think my kid or I can mentally survive much longer. I thank God that we’re healthy, physically... but this is taking such a mental toll. I know I’m just one of millions who are feeling this way. We might all need therapy by the end of it. ;)

Goofyernmost

Our Lowe’s and Home Depot is always packed! We go early in the morning around 8-8:30 if we want to walk in. Or you can try an hour before they close. Lots less people both times.
Right now it makes sense that people might be doing improvements in their homes and need some materials to do it. As long as they maintain their distance and aren't going there everyday. It is a process and a thing that is necessary to do. Everything right now has pretty much having to be DYI. If they are using the masks and just going in and getting what they need and leaving, making a demand of "stay at home" does not automatically mean all life stops. That for some reason plumbing doesn't break, appliances don't break and so on.

The whole idea of "stay at home" was intended to limit drastically exposure to the public at large. It didn't mean you are now a prisoner and any attempt to leave your home will make you a criminal. Following the spacing and masking directions along with staying home and not being able to go to crowded restaurants or crowded office buildings goes along way to keeping that count down.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Please tell the one who is too cute for words to stop growing up so fast

Thanks, Figgy...!!! :)
Oh, how we wish she would stop doin’ that, too, especially during these times.
We see her from a distance often, but, not being able to be silly with her up close, and hold and hug her for so darn long has been downright painful.
When we see her, you can tell from some of the looks on her face that she doesn’t understand why we aren’t doing those things right now.
A few months isn’t the end of the world, but, it’s still time you can never get back.
Anyhoo, enough carping. ;)
The important thing is we’re all still healthy, relatively ;) happy, and, hopefully, a new “norm” isn’t all that far away...!!! :)
Although, a new Norm just won’t be quite the same...!!!!! :hilarious:

B16090BE-74D3-4A9C-81AB-EA41DC5CEE08.jpeg

21stamps

Right now it makes sense that people might be doing improvements in their homes and need some materials to do it. As long as they maintain their distance and aren't going there everyday. It is a process and a thing that is necessary to do. Everything right now has pretty much having to be DYI. If they are using the masks and just going in and getting what they need and leaving, making a demand of "stay at home" does not automatically mean all life stops. That for some reason plumbing doesn't break, appliances don't break and so on.

The whole idea of "stay at home" was intended to limit drastically exposure to the public at large. It didn't mean you are now a prisoner and any attempt to leave your home will make you a criminal. Following the spacing and masking directions along with staying home and not being able to go to crowded restaurants or crowded office buildings goes along way to keeping that counts down.

That’s exactly it though, it’s more of a “social distancing order”. Not stay at home.. people don’t have to stay home. I guess there’s not really an applicable term, so “stay at home” sounded like a catchy phrase

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I really wish that we were requiring masks for all visitors. We have tables set up with masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer... but we are leaving the use of it to the visitor’s discretion.
I’m just dumbfounded that now that most places have peaked, now we are requiring masks. Seems like this should have been implemented a while ago.... But once again, I’m guilty of crazy talk....

21stamps

I’m just dumbfounded that now that most places have peaked, now we are requiring masks. Seems like this should have been implemented a while ago.... But once again, I’m guilty of crazy talk....

I agree, completely!! Businesses are now required, but the general public is not.. private businesses can make their own requirement for customers or guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom