What's Still On and What's Now Off

Jrb1979

When people see others go to the parks and survive, it’s gonna start a ripple effect and more and more people will want to go. The same wth restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.
It maybe so but still doesn't mean we should go about this so quickly. I think a lot of people still blow this off cause it hasn't affected them. My wife has it and while she won't die, its tough watching have such difficulty breathing. She's only 33 btw.

Piebald

How are they anticipating people will have to sign a waiver? When is it signed? Will there be thousands of pens littered on the floor at the entrance or will everyone use pens there that have to be wiped down after every use?

Disney is self insured and generally bend to some extremely egregious and ridiculous claims, somehow "signing away coronavirus" seems suspect to me considering their fine print doesnt keep people away from some successful legal claims. This all sounds like at worst it's a culmination of some BS and some truth or at best a plan of ideas being thrown at a wall with no signs of coming to fruition.

beertiki

When I go back to WDW, I do not want to be worried about the virus. I want to relax and enjoy the parks like I did before the virus. Washing my hands every hour, avoiding touching any surface, and trying to keep distance from other people will require my constant attention.

My family has almost 25 years of great memories at WDW. I am not going to risk that by going to a half open park with endless restrictions.

When this is all over - vaccine, treatment that does not require a hospital stay, almost no community transmission in the US, or my family has been tested and we have antibodies we will hop in the car and drive the 6.5 hours north to Orlando.

Club Cooloholic

It maybe so but still doesn't mean we should go about this so quickly. I think a lot of people still blow this off cause it hasn't affected them. My wife has it and while she won't die, its tough watching have such difficulty breathing. She's only 33 btw.
I agree, and the number of personally effected people is going to keep growing. I think WDW will get annual pass holders back first, but considering how many places have already banned large gathering(concerts etc) till 2021, I dont see a lot of folks rushing to spend thousands of dollars in hotels, airfare and tickets, for the pleasure of being the first to test out possibly catching COVID.

Lilofan

How are they anticipating people will have to sign a waiver? When is it signed? Will there be thousands of pens littered on the floor at the entrance or will everyone use pens there that have to be wiped down after every use?

Disney is self insured and generally bend to some extremely egregious and ridiculous claims, somehow "signing away coronavirus" seems suspect to me considering their fine print doesnt keep people away from some successful legal claims. This all sounds like at worst it's a culmination of some BS and some truth or at best a plan of ideas being thrown at a wall with no signs of coming to fruition.
If no waiver is signed, it will written in fine print in the back of the ticket, posted on signs on Disney private property or a place where hardly anyone ever reads.

The Mom

Premium Member
Will y’all keep it down on the epidemiology? You can argue til the cows come home and you won’t convince each other and your posts are getting longer and longer.

You can also stop arguing about whether anyone would go back. I would: I’m pretty sure my immediate family has had the corona so if we all can eventually get an antibodies test and we are able to prove to ourselves that that’s true, I would absolutely go back to WDW under these conditions, provided a sufficient enough discount. Sounds like it won’t be crowded, so bully for me.

I've been saying this for weeks now, and posters should know by now that they are going to get a warning if they keep arguing.

po1998

I don’t believe for a second that what was laid out by the OP yesterday, will come to fruition. WDW will stay closed before anything like this is implemented. Who would even pay to go to “Severely Restricted WDW”?

beertiki

I don’t believe for a second that what was laid out by the OP yesterday, will come to fruition. WDW will stay closed before anything like this is implemented. Who would even pay to go to “Severely Restricted WDW”?

A lot of people. I would be happy to go drink a beer in the Poly lobby. Everyone has that one special place, and people will want to return to it.

po1998

A lot of people. I would be happy to go drink a beer in the Poly lobby. Everyone has that one special place, and people will want to return to it.
At what price? How far are you traveling for that beer? Where you staying for that beer? How much Is it costing TDO to operate the Poly for that beer?

carolina_yankee

I know plenty of DVC owners who would go back as soon as the resorts are open even if the parks aren't open. I know a lot of DVC owners who are just considering this year a wash. There will be a market for "Open Disney" in whatever way "Open" means. I myself have an AKV reservation for late August. I can spend a week there with only one park open. We're driving, so I don't care about transportation. I do care about potential harassment because of my NJ license plate.

I expect signing of documents, etc., will be pushed to e-signature. That's what we do with our DCL check-in. Especially for resorts stays, it can just be built into online check-in. For anybody else, if MBs are required (as it seems they will be), the ticket-holder can be directed to a website to sign waiver documentation with the stipulation that if they don't sign their ticket media won't be active.

We're in a new era - until there is an easily accessible successful treatment or vaccine, nobody's getting out to do anything big without strict guidelines and protection.

If only MK resorts are open, that needs to be for a very short period of time. DVC owners will not accept some resorts open and others closed while they are paying dues to staff those resorts and losing points that are expiring.

Other than that - I can easily see the OP's scenario. Personally, I'm looking forward to Disney branded masks to compliment my MagicBands. :)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
We're in a new era - until there is an easily accessible successful treatment or vaccine, nobody's getting out to do anything big without strict guidelines and protection.
This was touted repeatedly back in the 80s when AIDS/HIV was spreading. So little was known about the virus and panic ensued. The "life as we know it will never be the same", mindset spread like wildfire.

That is not meant to take anything away from Covid, but we are hardly in a new era. Viruses are nothing new. If there is anything new about our current era, its that information can spread a million times faster. But along with that, misinformation can spread just as quickly.

carolina_yankee

This was touted repeatedly back in the 80s when AIDS/HIV was spreading. So little was known about the virus and panic ensued. The "life as we know it will never be the same", mindset spread like wildfire.

That is not meant to take anything away from Covid, but we are hardly in a new era. Viruses are nothing new. If there is anything new about our current era, its that information can spread a million times faster. But along with that, misinformation can spread just as quickly.

I think it's safe to say that AIDS/HIV ushered in a totally new area of expectations and protection protocols. I lived through that transition. I know it well. And buried too many.

I admit my perception is colored by the fact the my state is #2 in the nation for deaths, and we are outperforming the model (by having a higher number of positives and deaths than predicted), but I stand by my claim - we aren't going back to any kind of normal until a vaccine and/or a cure. I'm not urging keeping things locked down my any means - I happen to think we could do more now if people would just take precautions, but the idea of eliminating social distancing, dropping masks, etc., - that isn't going to happen for awhile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom