What's Still On and What's Now Off

Touchdown

A vaccine is not the only end point to this here are some others:

-A safe and effective treatment is discovered that prevents severe disease
-Enough of the population gets it to develop herd immunity
-The virus mutates in a way that causes it to disappear

Treatment is likely to be developed before the vaccine, if it’s effective and safe this all will be over. The second one will happen eventually, but probably take a few years, the last could happen at anytime but is a random chance.

Last edited:

Dan Deesnee

What's everyone's vibe on how things might be by Holiday season at WDW? Say from Thanksgiving on....

Probably mostly back to normal. Based on the recent news about the possibility of millions already having covid and recovered I expect these restrictions will go away by then, with some moderate to minor changes like increased cleaning of high touch surfaces.

...but considering how many places have already banned large gathering(concerts etc) till 2021, I dont see a lot of folks rushing to spend thousands of dollars in hotels, airfare and tickets, for the pleasure of being the first to test out possibly catching COVID.

Depends on what develops over the next few weeks. Those "bans" can be lifted as quickly as they were put in place.

Club Cooloholic

Probably mostly back to normal. Based on the recent news about the possibility of millions already having covid and recovered I expect these restrictions will go away by then, with some moderate to minor changes like increased cleaning of high touch surfaces.

Depends on what develops over the next few weeks. Those "bans" can be lifted as quickly as they were put in place.
We are reading different news....

zengoth

We are reading different news....
But even that article ends with "we still don't know enough about this".

Aries1975

I know plenty of DVC owners who would go back as soon as the resorts are open even if the parks aren't open. I know a lot of DVC owners who are just considering this year a wash. There will be a market for "Open Disney" in whatever way "Open" means. I myself have an AKV reservation for late August. I can spend a week there with only one park open. We're driving, so I don't care about transportation. I do care about potential harassment because of my NJ license plate.

I expect signing of documents, etc., will be pushed to e-signature. That's what we do with our DCL check-in. Especially for resorts stays, it can just be built into online check-in. For anybody else, if MBs are required (as it seems they will be), the ticket-holder can be directed to a website to sign waiver documentation with the stipulation that if they don't sign their ticket media won't be active.

We're in a new era - until there is an easily accessible successful treatment or vaccine, nobody's getting out to do anything big without strict guidelines and protection.

If only MK resorts are open, that needs to be for a very short period of time. DVC owners will not accept some resorts open and others closed while they are paying dues to staff those resorts and losing points that are expiring.

Other than that - I can easily see the OP's scenario. Personally, I'm looking forward to Disney branded masks to compliment my MagicBands. :)

I am in the same boat as you. Kidani booked 8/16-24. Park hoppers purchased from AAA in Feb to beat the annual price increase. All meals booked on day 180 as we are a party of 13. They already have my $$$. Now what?

UNCgolf

If no waiver is signed, it will written in fine print in the back of the ticket, posted on signs on Disney private property or a place where hardly anyone ever reads.

It would be much harder to enforce something posted in signs or in fine print than something specifically signed by each guest.

Even then, a liability waiver doesn't always preclude a lawsuit depending on the facts involved and how it was written. I think Disney was going to do this, they'd want a signed waiver form to give them a stronger defense.

UNCgolf

Wonder if park hoppers become a thing of the past?

I really doubt it. I I think they'd lose some customers and definitely lose hotel stays if they did that -- I know I'd go for a shorter trip if I couldn't park hop, because after spending one day in each park I wouldn't be interested in having to spend another full day in any of them without the option to split it up.

Not to mention it would be a big hit to EPCOT restaurants, because a lot of people go to World Showcase just to have a meal after spending the rest of the day in a different park. I don't think all of those restaurants could even stay open if park hoppers no longer existed.

Last edited:

carolina_yankee

I am in the same boat as you. Kidani booked 8/16-24. Park hoppers purchased from AAA in Feb to beat the annual price increase. All meals booked on day 180 as we are a party of 13. They already have my $$$. Now what?

I booked a few meals, but we're only 2. It was hard because I really have no clue what to expect, and zero Epcot places booked, of course. We're basically rotating through the AKL and CS offerings, with the idea that we'll fill in the gaps at DS.

Our big question is going to be AP status. Depending on when they open the parks, our AP could be extended to cover the trip. If not, do we renew on the likelihood we'll go back in a year? Or just buy tickets for a few days? Everything about this trip is up in the air, including the trip!

rowrbazzle

But even that article ends with "we still don't know enough about this".

The researchers quoted don't appear to be overly concerned about this development. So I choose not to be either. Haha

"According to Kwon, these tests may still be picking up parts of the RNA even after the person has recovered because the tests are so sensitive." That's one possible and very strong explanation," he said. The same theory was posited by one of China's top respiratory experts..."I'm not too worried about this issue."...

Kwon says there is no evidence so far of a person who has retested positive being infectious, adding: "At the moment, we think that there is no danger of further secondary or tertiary transmission.""

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom