What's Still On and What's Now Off

TTA94

They are definitely going to cut back on the 50th.

I would think the 50th would be priority to bring back guests and help undo the damage from Covid19.

But yeah probably not in the way we had hoped. Coughnighttimeparadecough.

Last edited:
The situation is serious enough that there is real talk about abandoning Guardians and letting it just sit for potentially years. Right now it's still on... but if there's a scenario where Disney can't open through the summer... the whole company could at that point be faced with bankruptcy.
This is really hard for me to believe that Disney would abandon Guardians. They are going to need "new" attractions to entice more crowds. New brings in more crowds.

SilentWindODoom

By the way...explain that 10/80 (my math “not so good”) measurement on Lucas? I’m curious...

And my last comment about the “franchise”...pm me.

I'm not... 100% sure if that last part suggested my response be in PM or there was an aspect you wanted to discuss on PM, but considering the question was public I may as well not keep curious people wondering. You can respond in pm if at all, since it really doesn't prompt further discussion.

Originally I thought the 50/50 split meant people don't think half of what's been produced wasn't good (out of VII, VIII, IX, Rogue One, Solo, and the Mandalorian). Was going to find it funny because the franchise in the first two trilogies has a less than .500 record in many people's eyes. Then I started responding and realized you were talking about percentages of fans for and against. Reconfiguring the number, the vast majority think Lucas made huge mistakes in the prequels and special editions and was ruining his own franchise.

At the last minute, I remembered that a lot of people who were kids in the 2000's u ironically love the prequels so changed the split from 90/10, but apparently missed changing the 10. XD

Sorry if this was discussed.
I was surprised to see the permit for demolition on Stitch. Was this just in the process before the closing happened? It would be hard to believe they would spend money for something that isn't seen by the guests when they need to cut costs.

The Stitch Permit hasn't come up yet. I do wonder if this means they may be considering commencing with some work. It's especially interesting because that is something that would be pretty easy to do without anyone, including Bioreconstruct knowing unless they were paying close attention.

LSLS

They won’t want more crowds. It is looking increasingly likely capacity will be limited, although no decision been made yet.

But wasn't this set to open fall NEXT year? I would think they are going to need huge numbers next year when the vaccine is finally out.

JustAFan

If true, the saddest part of this is "What's Currenty Being Looked at for Abandonment". There were some cool additions in the works and I hope those could still be considered at some point in the future, even if they're delayed.

_caleb

They won’t want more crowds. It is looking increasingly likely capacity will be limited, although no decision been made yet.
I'm very interested to see what they come up with to limit capacity, crowds, and surface contamination, because I think these will be long-term solutions, not short-term ones. Even if a vaccine for COVID-19 is successful, this whole thing has shown how vulnerably Disney's business model is to an epidemic like this. It's not unlike how global acts of terror demonstrated some of Disney's vulnerabilities. They made some (limited) changes, but basically counted on people forgetting their fears and going to the parks and theaters anyway.

But to make the parks safer against a virus, the basic infrastructure of the parks will need to be redesigned and rebuilt–limited capacities, larger spaces in queue switchbacks (or no queues at all), greater space between ride vehicles, isolating features, new cleaning protocols, etc.

Anyone remember the clear plexiglass "scream shields" on DCA's old Maliboomer ride? Imagine a contraption like that on every ride!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not... 100% sure if that last part suggested my response be in PM or there was an aspect you wanted to discuss on PM, but considering the question was public I may as well not keep curious people wondering. You can respond in pm if at all, since it really doesn't prompt further discussion.

Originally I thought the 50/50 split meant people don't think half of what's been produced wasn't good (out of VII, VIII, IX, Rogue One, Solo, and the Mandalorian). Was going to find it funny because the franchise in the first two trilogies has a less than .500 record in many people's eyes. Then I started responding and realized you were talking about percentages of fans for and against. Reconfiguring the number, the vast majority think Lucas made huge mistakes in the prequels and special editions and was ruining his own franchise.

At the last minute, I remembered that a lot of people who were kids in the 2000's u ironically love the prequels so changed the split from 90/10, but apparently missed changing the 10. XD

The Stitch Permit hasn't come up yet. I do wonder if this means they may be considering commencing with some work. It's especially interesting because that is something that would be pretty easy to do without anyone, including Bioreconstruct knowing unless they were paying close attention.
I don’t want to jack the thread for Star Wars...a pm would about your assessment of the franchise would be interesting

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom