Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

I wont be mourning the loss of handshakes. I actually have a running list of things I will miss vs not miss. Handshakes, and buffets are on my “wont miss” list.

Handshakes won’t go away.. but maybe people will keep sanitizer on them, if they didn’t already.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I am in Bergen County NJ. Google it.

There isn’t any panic anymore. It’s moving into apathy at this point. Lots of people shrugging their shoulders and just hoping for the best. We have been in lockdown for a week already. If the infection rate has slowed I shudder to think what it would have been like without the shutdown.

Our hospitals are already operating at max occupancy, our testing, while more robust is still not even close to enough.

Reading through this thread, and seeing some of the absolutely inane posts is exhausting.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I am in Bergen County NJ. Google it.

There isn’t any panic anymore. It’s moving into apathy at this point. Lots of people shrugging their shoulders and just hoping for the best. We have been in lockdown for a week already. If the infection rate has slowed I shudder to think what it would have been like without the shutdown.

Our hospitals are already operating at max occupancy, our testing, while more robust is still not even close to enough.

Reading through this thread, and seeing some of the absolutely inane posts is exhausting.

The CDC estimates that 99% of the posts here are absolutely inane. Google it.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Biergarden at Epcot is one if my favorite epcot restaurants, I hope not all buffets go the way of the dodo!

Guests will be asked to stay an alpine horn away from one another no matter what happens.

long-horns-biergarten-germany-epcot-walt-disney-world.jpg

DisneyCane

I wont be mourning the loss of handshakes. I actually have a running list of things I will miss vs not miss. Handshakes, and buffets are on my “wont miss” list.

Buffets should have been converted to having somebody serve you a long time ago. Sneeze guards are better than nothing but if I saw somebody sneeze anywhere near the food there is no way I could eat. The bigger problem is trusting people not to touch the food while serving it and not putting the serving utensil handle on the food after using it. On the occasion that I eat at a buffet, I always grab a plate from way down in the pile after using hand sanitizer. I only take food from the very back of a tray that is at least 3/4 full. I keep the plate in my left hand and don't touch anything with my right hand until I have sanitized again.

Handshakes won’t go away.. but maybe people will keep sanitizer on them, if they didn’t already.

Maybe it will become socially acceptable to use hand sanitizer after a handshake so I don't have to do it in secret under a table anymore.

Quinnmac000

I believe S Korea did lock down for a couple of weeks, but then instituted mass testing and isolation procedures. Our biggest failing was not having enough testing available earlier. Goal now is to get back to a more manageable level so we can then test and isolate.

I live in Korea, the only thing that shutdown was the Korean and US military bases. Everything else remained open. People chose not to go out.

Jumpr71

Buffets should have been converted to having somebody serve you a long time ago. Sneeze guards are better than nothing but if I saw somebody sneeze anywhere near the food there is no way I could eat. The bigger problem is trusting people not to touch the food while serving it and not putting the serving utensil handle on the food after using it. On the occasion that I eat at a buffet, I always grab a plate from way down in the pile after using hand sanitizer. I only take food from the very back of a tray that is at least 3/4 full. I keep the plate in my left hand and don't touch anything with my right hand until I have sanitized again.

Maybe it will become socially acceptable to use hand sanitizer after a handshake so I don't have to do it in secret under a table anymore.
I think I might just stare blankly at an outstretched hand waiting for a shake and make it really awkward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom