Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Does anyone know the capacity of those military hospital ships they are bringing in? Besides hospital beds and equipment I assume they also have military doctors and nurses to help out. It’s not just the equipment but the staff. You can’t work people round the clock for weeks on end and expect them to hold up. Doctors and nurses are accustomed to working long hours, but everyone has their breaking point

They are big - but not game changers. The Navy only has two (Mercy and Comfort) and they are essentially 1,000 beds each

21stamps

Something to consider about the Navy ships..

They are for non-COVID related patients. All surgeries have been cancelled unless someone is in dire need. This leaves the 1000 beds open for the most urgent care. Also, Playgrounds are closed, sports are cancelled, less injuries with children right now.
We’re not in a normal scenario where you would have more people admitted to a hospital, there’s dramatically less, outside of coronavirus issues.. that will help a lot with leaving beds available.

trainplane3

Lets see this at the Norwegian Pavilion as an activity for the kids when it reopens.
Related:
p0Bm8eU.jpg

Jwink

Buffets should have been converted to having somebody serve you a long time ago. Sneeze guards are better than nothing but if I saw somebody sneeze anywhere near the food there is no way I could eat. The bigger problem is trusting people not to touch the food while serving it and not putting the serving utensil handle on the food after using it. On the occasion that I eat at a buffet, I always grab a plate from way down in the pile after using hand sanitizer. I only take food from the very back of a tray that is at least 3/4 full. I keep the plate in my left hand and don't touch anything with my right hand until I have sanitized again.

Maybe it will become socially acceptable to use hand sanitizer after a handshake so I don't have to do it in secret under a table anymore.
Omg riiiiight? Been doing it for about 8 years and people get so offended! Or the people who come up and GRAB MY BABY’S HANDS OMG.

Jumpr71

My biggest petty gripe is I wish I had gotten a haircut before the lockdown. I‘m a week away from ordering clippers on Amazon and buzzing myself ;)
My gripe is a long one. After a 20 year career of working in war zones, disaster zones, and other areas where living through a 24 hour day is a challenge I finally mustered the courage to treat complex PTSD. I had made enormous strides in my treatment. In fact it had gone so successfully that I managed to fly from LA to Orlando to spend two days park hopping. Anyone with PTSD can tell you how challenging that is. I had felt relief from symptoms and it was awesome! Symptoms are worse than they have ever been now and I am really ed off about it.

Jumpr71

Luckily I had a cut and highlight at the beginning of the month.. but my son is overdue, way overdue. He asked me to order clippers and scissors to try to do it myself. 😬
I told him to put on a hat every day instead😂

I should have planned better, men/boys are a lot more high maintenance than women when it comes to haircut schedules. ;)
Dudes really are much more high maintenance about hair cuts.

Aries1975

Biergarden at Epcot is one if my favorite epcot restaurants, I hope not all buffets go the way of the dodo!

I imagine the buffets will stay. Either items will be pre-plated and you will come back with a lot of little plates, or a server wearing gloves will give you a scoop of this and a scoop of that.

MrConbon

I specifically posted the Switch time photos because they show the game being played- Fortnite.
It’s being played so much because FIFA20 and NDA2K19 are not cross platform so he can’t play with friends on those, neither is Just Dance (really the only video game I’m ok with lol).

There is no benefit to spending multiple hours on Fortnite. 1 hour should be enough imo..maybe 1:15, and that’s if it’s raining or at night and I’m not available to play a board game or card game etc.

This is all my opinion for my own family, I simply posted it because after way too much screen time last week, I figured out how to get a handle on it this week. (Though the weather helped). It was a learning curve when kids suddenly have more free time than they’ve ever had. I thought other parents may be facing the same issue.

It takes 5-10 minutes to even get from the home screen into a Fortnite match and those matches can last up to a half hour. I would say it’s just as beneficial for him to play a social game online with friends than a card game with family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom