Jungle Cruise effects

Pepper's Ghost

Is this the norm now as far as this attraction is concerned? Also, beating a dead horse here, but my gosh, these crowds sure are something. I’ve always made it a point to ride HM at least twice-but only got to do so once with a fast pass, the line for which was back near the loading area for the Liberty Belle. And I had to skip PotC entirely due to the wait being prohibitively long. I really wish they’d abandon the fast pass system entirely, because clearly it’s not the answer here. I still remember when these two attractions were more or less walk-ons, especially with HM’s Omnimover system at work.

Phineas, beat that dead horse! I'm with you!

Since the original poster mentioned it, fast pass has ruined WDW parks IMO. I've said it too many times, but it's true. It's at least tripled the waiting times for standby across every park. It honestly makes the entire Disney experience less enjoyable... again, my opinion.

Now, talking about things in disrepair, that's just the new "normal" apparently. I get it, a lot of these rides are 50 years old or thereabouts, but Disney should be better than being a break-fix company. They should do regular maintenance. Employ the proper staff to keep things working rather than being so reactive. It's really an awful business model, especially for a company that tries to portray a "magical experience". So many other companies work so hard to be proactive... except Disney.

Phineas

Original Poster
Phineas, beat that dead horse! I'm with you!

Since the original poster mentioned it, fast pass has ruined WDW parks IMO. I've said it too many times, but it's true. It's at least tripled the waiting times for standby across every park. It honestly makes the entire Disney experience less enjoyable... again, my opinion.

Now, talking about things in disrepair, that's just the new "normal" apparently. I get it, a lot of these rides are 50 years old or thereabouts, but Disney should be better than being a break-fix company. They should do regular maintenance. Employ the proper staff to keep things working rather than being so reactive. It's really an awful business model, especially for a company that tries to portray a "magical experience". So many other companies work so hard to be proactive... except Disney.

I mean, I am the original poster, so I too am in total agreement with him. :)

Tom Morrow

Unfortunately from what I understand, complaints to guest relations that are deemed frivolous are not logged. Complaining about ride show quality is probably considered frivolous.

It's better to point this stuff out in public places where everyone can read it.

UNCgolf

Unfortunately from what I understand, complaints to guest relations that are deemed frivolous are not logged. Complaining about ride show quality is probably considered frivolous.

It's better to point this stuff out in public places where everyone can read it.

That was honestly the one really good idea that other site had -- keeping a running list of everything broken on every ride. They seem to have given up on it though.

I am very disapointed, last time i rode them was 16 years ago, now its just....dead. Possibly with the upcoming Disney movie it might get some interest of adding themeing extras, but if i was in charge if attractions i would shut it down, far too outdated, saw first hand the hanicapped loading...the water looks toxic, smells like treated sewage.

NelsonRD

If a tree falls in the forest, but no one hears it, does it make a sound?

If a tiger eye's don't glow, but no one complains, is it really broken?

Honestly, when I vacation on Disney, I am not doing a writing assignment to report town hall. They know the issues, and reporting only subtracts from my vacation enjoyment. But maybe that is just me.

MickeyLuv'r

Honestly, when I vacation on Disney, I am not doing a writing assignment to report town hall. They know the issues, and reporting only subtracts from my vacation enjoyment. But maybe that is just me.

I dunno. It depends on the issue, but I sometimes feel the opposite way. Especially when the problem keeps costing me money or a repeated loss of vacation time.

Like when the faucet in our room is dripping, and it keeps me awake at night. If I don't report the problem, then I'm not going to get any sleep.

Similarly, Chef Mickey's used to play VERY annoying music, very loudly, starting before 7am! CR was kind of known for it, because it woke up many people. The song had this section that was just the word, "Celebrate!" over and over again. right now, there's a thread about getting stuck on a ride, and having to hear a phrase or song over and over. Small World has been mentioned multiple times. The CELEBRATE song was worse, IMO. Much worse. Not a good way to start the day at all.

UNCgolf

Similarly, Chef Mickey's used to play VERY annoying music, very loudly, starting before 7am! CR was kind of known for it, because it woke up many people. The song had this section that was just the word, "Celebrate!" over and over again. right now, there's a thread about getting stuck on a ride, and having to hear a phrase or song over and over. Small World has been mentioned multiple times. The CELEBRATE song was worse, IMO. Much worse. Not a good way to start the day at all.

A few years ago my GF and I stayed at the Royal Pacific at Universal. It's a nice hotel and we enjoyed it, but since the hotels are so close to the parks, every morning around 8 (whenever it was open, I suppose) we'd start hearing ROARRRRRR pretty loudly every couple of minutes from the Incredible Hulk launch. We didn't mind it because it basically functioned as an alarm and we were generally already awake anyways, but I could see it being incredibly annoying for some people. It's actually become a running joke for us.

MickeyLuv'r

A few years ago my GF and I stayed at the Royal Pacific at Universal. It's a nice hotel and we enjoyed it, but since the hotels are so close to the parks, every morning around 8 (whenever it was open, I suppose) we'd start hearing ROARRRRRR pretty loudly every couple of minutes from the Incredible Hulk launch. We didn't mind it because it basically functioned as an alarm and we were generally already awake anyways, but I could see it being incredibly annoying for some people. It's actually become a running joke for us.

For some reason, I didn't find that sound quite as intensely annoying, but it certainly ruins the atmosphere of RP, especially all of the exterior areas of RP, and even other sections of the park. Perhaps it didn't annoy me as much because it didn't personally wake me up.

On the plus side, I think Universal finally made an effort to fix this, as it has much quieter on recent visits.

I also always feel bad for folks who work in retail shops and grocery stores and the like who have to hear the stupid chime of those new credit card readers all day long. Yesterday, used one of those annoying self-checkouts that is over-sensitive. I put everything in the bag, but it still kept accusing me of NOT putting my items in the bag. That is a terrible shopping experience!

UNCgolf

For some reason, I didn't find that sound quite as intensely annoying, but it certainly ruins the atmosphere of RP, especially all of the exterior areas of RP, and even other sections of the park. Perhaps it didn't annoy me as much because it didn't personally wake me up.

It actually didn't bother us; we thought it was funny (I think we were always already awake when it started). I can imagine it being infuriatingly annoying for some people, though.

And it definitely did take away from the atmosphere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom