Jungle Cruise effects

Phineas

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I don’t post as often as I used to (leaving your desk job will do that I suppose), but still lurk from time to time. I’m in WDW for the first time in about 5 years, and went to MK yesterday.

We rode Jungle Cruise and I was honestly low-key appalled at the operating quality of the attraction: the African Veldt scene was virtually motionless and silent, the tiger in the temple was in disco mode and silent as well-aren’t his eyes meant to illuminate? The monkeys in the temple were just frozen in place.

Is this the norm now as far as this attraction is concerned? Also, beating a dead horse here, but my gosh, these crowds sure are something. I’ve always made it a point to ride HM at least twice-but only got to do so once with a fast pass, the line for which was back near the loading area for the Liberty Belle. And I had to skip PotC entirely due to the wait being prohibitively long. I really wish they’d abandon the fast pass system entirely, because clearly it’s not the answer here. I still remember when these two attractions were more or less walk-ons, especially with HM’s Omnimover system at work.

Apologies for the wall of text. Not trying to be overly negative or let myself allow my trip to be dampened.

TrainsOfDisney

Hi everyone, I don’t post as often as I used to (leaving your desk job will do that I suppose), but still lurk from time to time. I’m in WDW for the first time in about 5 years, and went to MK yesterday.

We rode Jungle Cruise and I was honestly low-key appalled at the operating quality of the attraction: the African Veldt scene was virtually motionless and silent, the tiger in the temple was in disco mode and silent as well-aren’t his eyes meant to illuminate? The monkeys in the temple were just frozen in place.

Is this the norm now as far as this attraction is concerned? Also, beating a dead horse here, but my gosh, these crowds sure are something. I’ve always made it a point to ride HM at least twice-but only got to do so once with a fast pass, the line for which was back near the loading area for the Liberty Belle. And I had to skip PotC entirely due to the wait being prohibitively long. I really wish they’d abandon the fast pass system entirely, because clearly it’s not the answer here. I still remember when these two attractions were more or less walk-ons, especially with HM’s Omnimover system at work.

Apologies for the wall of text. Not trying to be overly negative or let myself allow my trip to be dampened.

I’ve seen it pretty bad as well. It’s really a shame, as this attraction should be plussed all the time with new aa’s and new effects.

Disone

The new Disney standard “it’s not too bad”
Sadly yes. I don't mind Disney being expensive. Honestly as busy as it is lowering the price probably is not the answer. But that does not change that for the price they charge they could at least still provide a top-of-the-line theme park experience. I do not feel like they are doing that. I feel like they're charging as much as they can, and again I don't really blame them for that, but they are cutting Corners.... as many as they can on show quality. Sadly they honestly believe the average customer will not notice.

On paper they still preach about the importance of exceeding the expectations of the guest. But actions speak louder than words and in execution they consistently make the decision of saving a few bucks the show quality is "good enough".

Good enough is not enough to exceed guest expectations.

RSoxNo1

Did your boat sink? If not, then the ride was a success.

disney4life2008

Sadly yes. I don't mind Disney being expensive. Honestly as busy as it is lowering the price probably is not the answer. But that does not change that for the price they charge they could at least still provide a top-of-the-line theme park experience. I do not feel like they are doing that. I feel like they're charging as much as they can, and again I don't really blame them for that, but they are cutting Corners.... as many as they can on show quality. Sadly they honestly believe the average customer will not notice.

On paper they still preach about the importance of exceeding the expectations of the guest. But actions speak louder than words and in execution they consistently make the decision of saving a few bucks the show quality is "good enough".

Good enough is not enough to exceed guest expectations.

I was at magic Kingdom tonight and I was observing different things. The magic is not there. It's starting to feel very standardized.

danitaytay

I was there at the beginning on January and noticed the same thing. Wasn't sure if it was just a temporary thing but now that you're all seeing it and it's the beginning on March that's kind of sad...

Phineas

Original Poster
So I re-rode JC Friday night and somehow all of the issues with my initial ride through were addressed: No catatonic animals, the temple tiger was moving and roaring with his eyes lit up, and the temple monkeys were moving as well.

Both skippers I had used a joke I hadn’t heard before at the beginning: “And for those of you traveling with children, WHY?”

Pro tip: Go to MK at night, and instead of securing a spot for Happily Ever After, run around like an idiot like I did, hitting as many attractions as possible with minimal waits. I managed to get on Pirates twice, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, and Thunder Mountain in the course of 90 minutes.

Raineman

So I re-rode JC Friday night and somehow all of the issues with my initial ride through were addressed: No catatonic animals, the temple tiger was moving and roaring with his eyes lit up, and the temple monkeys were moving as well.

Both skippers I had used a joke I hadn’t heard before at the beginning: “And for those of you traveling with children, WHY?”

Pro tip: Go to MK at night, and instead of securing a spot for Happily Ever After, run around like an idiot like I did, hitting as many attractions as possible with minimal waits. I managed to get on Pirates twice, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, and Thunder Mountain in the course of 90 minutes.
Very good tip. During HEA, or during the fireworks/parade at the Halloween/Christmas parties, pretty much all of Frontierland and Liberty Square are a ghost town, and, from your experience, Adventureland too. When we went to MVMCP in November, during the 11:00 pm fireworks, we walked on to HM-there was one person in the foyer, and only about 10 people in the stretching room. Every doom buggy ahead of us was empty. It was awesome.

Phineas

Original Poster
Very good tip. During HEA, or during the fireworks/parade at the Halloween/Christmas parties, pretty much all of Frontierland and Liberty Square are a ghost town, and, from your experience, Adventureland too. When we went to MVMCP in November, during the 11:00 pm fireworks, we walked on to HM-there was one person in the foyer, and only about 10 people in the stretching room. Every doom buggy ahead of us was empty. It was awesome.
I love those moments where you feel like you have the whole kingdom to yourself. They’re becoming harder to come by for sure, but I was so glad to end my WDW trip on such a high note.

Oh, and I managed to do all 4 parks in one day too. Walked over 11 miles, but it was totally worth it.

Dad 2 M & M

I was at magic Kingdom tonight and I was observing different things. The magic is not there. It's starting to feel very standardized.
Bummer....hope you aren't about to do something drastic....like change your user name......it doesn't seem to apply? Any longer? Much longer?

Don't want to lose the doc.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom