Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ride the ride and it’s cute but I think people should temper their expectations on this one.

After Nemo's and Ariel's dark rides, it should be easy to get an A+ if grading on a curve.

This, IMO, from what little I've seen, totally has the HM and Mystic Manor level of execution, but with the frenetic energy and universe of a Mickey Short.

disneygeek90

I was thinking of leaving at 5 and getting there around 5:30ish. I wonder how boarding passes will work that day.
I don’t expect any change with the boarding group process. There will probably just be even more competition than normal (if that’s even possible).

A Noble Fish

After Nemo's and Ariel's dark rides, it should be easy to get an A+ if grading on a curve.

This, IMO, from what little I've seen, totally has the HM and Mystic Manor level of execution, but with the frenetic energy and universe of a Mickey Short.
I agree with that. I rewatched the preview, and I fully get the vibe now after not fully appreciating it. The ride looks extremely well done. It's like The execution of Pooh's Hunny Hunt in that it knows its IP and uses the tech extremely well, but then at a larger scale.

One thing I would like to mention that's not a spoiler is that I couldn't believe how great a concept of having a train split up into multiple trackless vehicles is. I completely overlooked this but it's brilliant. So many things are like out of an actual short with cleverness about.

A park with Rise, Tot, and Mickey frankly makes Hollywood Studios (despite its faults) world-class. Overcrowding is a concern so a new land seems inevitable and will only make it better. Man, Disneyland is going to be legendary come 2022!

Disney Analyst

I agree with that. I rewatched the preview, and I fully get the vibe now after not fully appreciating it. The ride looks extremely well done. It's like The execution of Pooh's Hunny Hunt in that it knows its IP and uses the tech extremely well, but then at a larger scale.

One thing I would like to mention that's not a spoiler is that I couldn't believe how great a concept of having a train split up into multiple trackless vehicles is. I completely overlooked this but it's brilliant. So many things are like out of an actual short with cleverness about.

A park with Rise, Tot, and Mickey frankly makes Hollywood Studios (despite its faults) world-class. Overcrowding is a concern so a new land seems inevitable and will only make it better. Man, Disneyland is going to be legendary come 2022!

Disneyland is already pretty legendary, but this is gonna really seal the deal! I tell everyone, if you want bang for your buck get thee to Disneyland!

A Noble Fish

GMR was spectacular and will always be a stain on this ride, but I'm starting to compartmentalize them both. I think an updated GMR with a great script would be better than Mickey, but that's not what we had at the time.

With what info we have, it seems like an excellent ride that may never justify its existence as a replacement, but it's certainly the best successor for a ride perhaps alongside Thunder Mountain at Disneyland.

But still, it's shocking that they got rid of GMR with those magnificent sets, and I would imagine with Fox now they would have kept it. Yet today, all things considered, I'd say it's a win since it looks like a great ride.
Disneyland is already pretty legendary, but this is gonna really seal the deal! I tell everyone, if you want bang for your buck get thee to Disneyland!
Completely agree! It was even before Star Wars Land, but it will be so perfect that Tomorrowland won't even negate it at all! Haha!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Because it is not Mickey’s new look and no one has ever said that it is. It is his appearance in a specific series of Mickey Mouse shorts. And the ride is taking you in to one of those shorts.
They also toned down the rougher edges it looks like. I think this animation style is perfect for this type of application. Frenetic and dynamic, fits the runaway train motiff.

FWIW, the ride looks like a fantastic family dark ride. The type of which this park was desperate for. Great job by TDO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom