Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Cmdr_Crimson

I would be stunned if during the dedication they bring out new Designs of Mickey and Minnie exclusively for the opening..But, I strongly doubt it and have the Modern Versions open it instead...

disneygeek90

I was thinking of leaving at 5 and getting there around 5:30ish. I wonder how boarding passes will work that day.
I don’t expect any change with the boarding group process. There will probably just be even more competition than normal (if that’s even possible).

A Noble Fish

After Nemo's and Ariel's dark rides, it should be easy to get an A+ if grading on a curve.

This, IMO, from what little I've seen, totally has the HM and Mystic Manor level of execution, but with the frenetic energy and universe of a Mickey Short.
I agree with that. I rewatched the preview, and I fully get the vibe now after not fully appreciating it. The ride looks extremely well done. It's like The execution of Pooh's Hunny Hunt in that it knows its IP and uses the tech extremely well, but then at a larger scale.

One thing I would like to mention that's not a spoiler is that I couldn't believe how great a concept of having a train split up into multiple trackless vehicles is. I completely overlooked this but it's brilliant. So many things are like out of an actual short with cleverness about.

A park with Rise, Tot, and Mickey frankly makes Hollywood Studios (despite its faults) world-class. Overcrowding is a concern so a new land seems inevitable and will only make it better. Man, Disneyland is going to be legendary come 2022!

Disney Analyst

I agree with that. I rewatched the preview, and I fully get the vibe now after not fully appreciating it. The ride looks extremely well done. It's like The execution of Pooh's Hunny Hunt in that it knows its IP and uses the tech extremely well, but then at a larger scale.

One thing I would like to mention that's not a spoiler is that I couldn't believe how great a concept of having a train split up into multiple trackless vehicles is. I completely overlooked this but it's brilliant. So many things are like out of an actual short with cleverness about.

A park with Rise, Tot, and Mickey frankly makes Hollywood Studios (despite its faults) world-class. Overcrowding is a concern so a new land seems inevitable and will only make it better. Man, Disneyland is going to be legendary come 2022!
Disneyland is already pretty legendary, but this is gonna really seal the deal! I tell everyone, if you want bang for your buck get thee to Disneyland!

A Noble Fish

GMR was spectacular and will always be a stain on this ride, but I'm starting to compartmentalize them both. I think an updated GMR with a great script would be better than Mickey, but that's not what we had at the time.

With what info we have, it seems like an excellent ride that may never justify its existence as a replacement, but it's certainly the best successor for a ride perhaps alongside Thunder Mountain at Disneyland.

But still, it's shocking that they got rid of GMR with those magnificent sets, and I would imagine with Fox now they would have kept it. Yet today, all things considered, I'd say it's a win since it looks like a great ride.
Disneyland is already pretty legendary, but this is gonna really seal the deal! I tell everyone, if you want bang for your buck get thee to Disneyland!
Completely agree! It was even before Star Wars Land, but it will be so perfect that Tomorrowland won't even negate it at all! Haha!

mdktf

GMR was spectacular and will always be a stain on this ride, but I'm starting to compartmentalize them both. I think an updated GMR with a great script would be better than Mickey, but that's not what we had at the time.

With what info we have, it seems like an excellent ride that may never justify its existence as a replacement, but it's certainly the best successor for a ride perhaps alongside Thunder Mountain at Disneyland.

But still, it's shocking that they got rid of GMR with those magnificent sets, and I would imagine with Fox now they would have kept it. Yet today, all things considered, I'd say it's a win since it looks like a great ride.

Completely agree! It was even before Star Wars Land, but it will be so perfect that Tomorrowland won't even negate it at all! Haha!
Agreed.

I think they should have gone with a traditional Mickey and Minnie though that transcends generations. I think the current Mickey images is short lived. Why have t thy updated the meet n greet character Mickey to reflect this if he is the ‘new’ look.

and yes Mickey needs more presence but can’t get my head around replacing GMR, that was anamazing original attraction that was u issue and fit the park it was in. Defies logic to me.

Top Bottom