News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

I don’t know those numbers to know if we are comparing apples to apples. I also don’t know how Disney allocates funds for depreciation schedule does more go to the coaster less to the land improvements?

Pixar pier includes what Everest is just Everest? Again are we comparing apples to apples.
It’s two very similar Mack coasters that opened months apart. That’s about as apples to apples as you can get with rides.

The difference in scale and scope between Expedition Everest and Pixar Pier should be easily apparen.

gmajew

Premium Member
It’s two very similar Mack coasters that opened months apart. That’s about as apples to apples as you can get with rides.

The difference in scale and scope between Expedition Everest and Pixar Pier should be easily apparen.

this Ride is the Mack coaster?

lazyboy97o

it looks cool cars cool my question is very limited theming on the actual ride. so yeah will be cheaper. i cannot imagine the actual cost of the coaster being much different as it is a stock item if they are the same rides.
They‘re both custom designs and Slinky Dog Dash also has rather limited theming.

gmajew

Premium Member
They‘re both custom designs and Slinky Dog Dash also has rather limited theming.

but what % of the Disney budget was the land? Not just the ride? Do we have numbers for the rest of the area? I am pretty sure Disney does not break it out for just that attraction.... in a land build like this was. Even a limited one as it is.

lazyboy97o

but what % of the Disney budget was the land? Not just the ride? Do we have numbers for the rest of the area? I am pretty sure Disney does not break it out for just that attraction.... in a land build like this was. Even a limited one as it is.
Why does that matter? Within a land project the various components all have their own budgets. The coaster would have been about a quarter of the project.

Exactly, Time Travelers trains are much better themed, and it’s built in a hollow. The rides first move is a 90 degree drop out of the station into a loop! Can’t wait to go back.
The site definitely a more challenging place for construction than the wide open, relatively flat site in Florida. Construction labor is also more expensive in Missouri than Florida. The track even had a further journey from the factory. There being a Disney premium makes some sense, but is Slinky Dog Dash in any way more than twice as good?

gmajew

Premium Member
Why does that matter? Within a land project the various components all have their own budgets. The coaster would have been about a quarter of the project.

The site definitely a more challenging place for construction than the wide open, relatively flat site in Florida. Construction labor is also more expensive in Missouri than Florida. The track even had a further journey from the factory. There being a Disney premium makes some sense, but is Slinky Dog Dash in any way more than twice as good?

It all matters. It also matters was it union vs non union labor? All of these things matter.... Disney cost to build is going to be more then other parks. Universal is really the only one you can compare to on cost. Since their newer rides and lands have been on or better then Disney level.

My original point was and remains what was the cost of a Disney ride from 2000 to the cost of a similar ride today?

my cost have gone up the 30% in that time frame did theirs?

i know six flags can bui,d things way cheaper then Disney but it is not the same the experience the environment is not the same or has not been in past

lazyboy97o

It all matters. It also matters was it union vs non union labor? All of these things matter.... Disney cost to build is going to be more then other parks. Universal is really the only one you can compare to on cost. Since their newer rides and lands have been on or better then Disney level.

My original point was and remains what was the cost of a Disney ride from 2000 to the cost of a similar ride today?

i know six flags can bui,d things way cheaper then Disney but it is not the same the experience the environment is not the same or has not been in past
Disney is not paying a 100%+ premium on labor.

This isn’t some elaborate dark ride. They’re two coasters from the same manufacturer with the same number of elements that each add $1-2 million to the project (the launches). Slinky Dog Dash doesn’t have some elaborate show set or structure it’s built into, its mostly a coaster in a field.

I already answered. Disney’s costs have increased in excess of 100%. TRON Light Power Run and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind are both coasters in a box costing hundreds of millions of dollars. Disney hyped Expedition Everest in 2006 as a $100 million attraction.

Who is comparing anything to Six Flags?

JoeCamel

Your costs have risen but Disney has that Disney name problem. Anytime it shows up on a contract they expect to get top dollar out of them as Disney only does it the best. Or they used to but still the vendors want the money they think they should get out of the mouse.

Josh Hendy

Hard to visualize where the pedestrian access to Tron will be. Looks like a really tight squeeze between Space Mountain and the video arcade building, Speedway and the WDWRR which is already going back in that space.

doctornick

Hard to visualize where the pedestrian access to Tron will be. Looks like a really tight squeeze between Space Mountain and the video arcade building, Speedway and the WDWRR which is already going back in that space.

It would basically be the same route as the old pathway between TL and Storybook Circus I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom