News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

UNCgolf

I was even more concerned with Slinky, but I think Toy Story Land's issues pertain more to a lack of shops/indoor meet and greets and shade. Slinky was convincingly thought out to look like a playset, and it is very convincing day and night; though the ride experience itself even more so than TRON improves at night. It fits in the same way the tinker toys fit the land and oddly felt natural when I walked around, and it really adds needed kinetic energy that Star Wars Land lacks. Now if Disney was to put a coaster like that in Star Wars Land it would be an atrocity, but it fits so perfectly in TSL the way it's executed. I really love Toy Story Land's theming and concept, but it's the lack of substance that's the biggest issue IMO.

I think SDD is much worse, but I do agree that it fits the theming of TSL as a child's playset. I just dislike the TSL theming and concept in general (and it also has a serious lack of substance).

Bocabear

You asked. You didn’t answer why you find giant warehouse walls to be beautiful.
And you are completely right...When you are in Shanghai Disneyland the way they positioned the building makes it very hidden from sightlines... This being visible is really going to be awful... And I am sure you agree that the coaster, while being a momentary thrill is not perfect...
Other thing I hear was this version is actually a bit shorter than the Shanghai version... So there is that as well.

lazyboy97o

And you are completely right...When you are in Shanghai Disneyland the way they positioned the building makes it very hidden from sightlines... This being visible is really going to be awful... And I am sure you agree that the coaster, while being a momentary thrill is not perfect...
Other thing I hear was this version is actually a bit shorter than the Shanghai version... So there is that as well.
Even in Shanghai Disneyland the canopy does not hide the box. It’s the same coaster. The whole thing is being largely duplicated, including the “impossible” basement corridors.

Bocabear

Even in Shanghai Disneyland the canopy does not hide the box. It’s the same coaster. The whole thing is being largely duplicated, including the “impossible” basement corridors.
A friend working with the project told me the canopy portion has been shortened...
I went on it three times as it was not that crowded the day we were there... It is a fun ride, but super short, and way too many trim brakes...I wonder how much time the shortened canopy section of the ride will shave off the whole experience.

The Pho

Mickeys nose is at an interesting height when viewing the statue from the side away from him.
AC5C0EC7-1066-49E6-AFFF-EF07C57F884C.jpeg

RaveOnEd

Just thought I'd check back in here to see in progress photos, and in reading more posts, I have to say it again (say it with me!)

It. Is. Not. Finished. Yet.

And I don't want to hear the "Oh, I've been to Shanghai and seen it there!" Well, good for you! It's now in Florida, and it's not finished yet.

corran horn

It is completely under the canopy. The track supports are visible outside but I do not think it detracts from the ride in the slightest. If the ride was not elevated off the ground it would detract from the glowing vehicles.

Tron, while not a perfect ride, I do not believe this is one of its issues. In this case, I definitely think it is excused.

If it's all under the canopy it'll look cool from inside the park and that's great.

I don't worry too much about what things look like from the BLT parking lot, frankly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom