Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This makes me think about access to ToonTown. Would Discoveryland have the only entrance to it that's accessible all day? I'm assuming the Fantasyland entrance wouldn't be open all the time due to the parade running (if they are keeping the parade storage in this area).
They’d just have to do traffic management as they do now for the 15-20 minutes a day the parade passes by.

Toni25

It would be so much better if they put a B&B / Mermaid / Tangled darkride with great exteriors (like B&B in Tokyo) in this spot and put MMRR behind Fantasyland Station... I think it would fit nicely with Le Pays des Contes de Fées and Casey Jr.
I know Beauty and the Beast was planned originally for Paris, but since it already exists in Tokyo, there are so many other cool stuff to reproduce. I would love a ride of similar grandeur and use the same technology, with a castle entrance, but themed to Cinderella.
"Le conte enchanté de Cendrillon" (The enchanted tale of Cinderella). There is no Cinderella ride anywhere because her Castle is the centerpiece in Magic Kingdom and Tokyo, but I think it fits nicely in Paris since we have Sleeping Beauty Castle as centerpiece.
You could have her castle at the entrance and a ball dance scene, because just like in B&B, there was also a Ball in that film.
If they did this in any other park, everyone would want it, just because they had a great idea, doesn't mean it needs to be copied, it could simply inspire something new.
Also, I agree that the spot behind the train station in Fantasyland would amazingly fit a new castle or maybe an Alpine Mountain Coaster.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
It would be so much better if they put a B&B / Mermaid / Tangled darkride with great exteriors (like B&B in Tokyo) in this spot and put MMRR behind Fantasyland Station... I think it would fit nicely with Le Pays des Contes de Fées and Casey Jr.

I think they're a bit hesitant using this expansion pad because right behind Fantasyland station is the water purification station. I assume it would take a lot of time and resources to move this station to fully maximize the pad (unless they're willing to construct an L-shaped mini-land/show-building to not move it).
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 11.28.19 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 11.28.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 11.28.19 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 170

Donald Dutch

I know Beauty and the Beast was planned originally for Paris, but since it already exists in Tokyo, there are so many other cool stuff to reproduce. I would love a ride of similar grandeur and use the same technology, whit a castle entrance, but themed to Cinderella.
Love the idea of using the B&B technology and using it for a Cinderella ride! That way they don't have to face problems regarding agreements with the Oriental Land Comapny about the B&B ride being exclusive to Tokyo for a certain number of years.

I think they're a bit hesitant using this expansion pad because right behind Fantasyland station is the water purification station. I assume it would take a lot of time and resources to move this station to fully maximize the pad (unless they're willing to construct an L-shaped mini-land/show-building to not move it).
Guess you're right about that, did not know that was a water purification station... :(

wdrive

View attachment 448608

Don’t believe everything you read on maps

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I feel like we're going to be stuck with Hyperspace Mountain until Le Petit Galaxy's Edge opens.

So an additional 5 years? 😏

For what it is, it is well done.

I think why this overlay earned the ire of many Paris fans is that one, compared to Missions 1 (De La Terre a la Lune) and 2, this is kinda lazy since it’s more reliant on projection screens than realistic sets; two, it obscures the Discoveryland theming more, and; three, it was also supposed to be a temporary overlay for the 25th Anniversary celebrations, but that has come and gone and yet Mission 2 hasn’t returned since.

G.L.A.D.I.O

Space Mountain: at the edge of the cosmos

That was the initial name of the project when they decided to change the trains for the 25th celebration. The french name was supposed to be name Space Mountain: au confins de Univers

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom