Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Bender123

This debate is pretty funny...The idea of IP making a ride worse cant be used in this situation, as its essentially a side grade.

I like it better, but ultimately, its still the same ride experience and is going to fall solely on which IP you prefer.

EPCOTCenterLover

Peter Pan at DL averages a 45-minute wait. Forty-five minutes. That’s how much more there is to do in DL vs. the MK.

But I digress. ;)

A new Imagination attraction needs to be a full-scale, old-school pavilion again. It needs a long, crowd-crunching attraction to absorb all those guests who have completed FW’s 3-minute-long rides. It needs a cutting-edge tech playground that allows guests to actually use their imagination. It needs a 3-D show worth keeping open. It could also benefit from a new quick-service window (new construction) serving Insta-ready creations inspired by the little purple dragon.
Other than the big E Ticket attraction, it sounds similar to what is planned for much of the PLAY pavilion. Maybe not a bad thing to have on each side of Future World if thats already the direction this half of the park is going for. Not that I like the PLAY pavilion, though. Back to the original intent and substance of Imagination? ABSOLUTELY!

Last edited:

Bender123

Ignoring that the ride experience for Mission Breakout was changed (I.e. the randomized drop sequences), the idea that a ride’s quality can not be changed if it’s the same basic ride layout/experience is laughable.

Would the Haunted Mansion be just as beloved if it was overlayed with the scenery of Ariel’s Undersea Adventure?

No doubt, but you can look at Indy Vs Dino and see that an identical ride can be vastly different based on theme...

Parker in NYC

Ignoring that the ride experience for Mission Breakout was changed (I.e. the randomized drop sequences), the idea that a ride’s quality can not be changed if it’s the same basic ride layout/experience is laughable.

Would the Haunted Mansion be just as beloved if it was overlayed with the scenery of Ariel’s Undersea Adventure?

The irksome thing is that it is still the shape of the Hollywood Tower Hotel but affixed with a different RealPlayer skin (oh my, that takes me back). It's like a constant projection show. It bothers me almost as much as FTFY, that they couldn't just demolish the thing and start over.

tirian

I don’t care for Song of the South but Splash Mountain is a favourite.
Apart from all other controversies, “Song” is a melodramatic movie that’s simply hard to watch. The animated segments are well done, and Splash reflects that, but the live-action portions are terrible.

If Splash Mt. can come out of that — and I’m not even addressing the other issues here — a new Figment attraction could be influenced by the really good Marvel comics. But will Disney let that happen? Meh.

rle4lunch

No doubt, but you can look at Indy Vs Dino and see that an identical ride can be vastly different based on theme...

Agreed. Rode Dino the other day and it vs indy isn't even a fair fight. 1/3 of Dino you're basically just rolling around in pitch black, with a shoehorned "story" on frontside and backside of the ride. Such a shame. Everytime I ride it, I dislike it more and more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom