Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I waited a total of five minutes with a FP for Navi River and wanted my money back.

We entered the line and didn’t stop walking until we got to the load gates. And felt the same. We only did it since we were with first timers.

Took the same first timers on Frozenstrom. And that’s the only reason we rode that. No need or desire to do either again.

trainplane3

We entered the line and didn’t stop walking until we got to the load gates. And felt the same. We only did it since we were with first timers.

Took the same first timers on Frozenstrom. And that’s the only reason we rode that. No need or desire to do either again.
I waited a total of five minutes with a FP for Navi River and wanted my money back. When it ended I honestly couldn’t believe it even though I had read the reviews.

For me that is a one and done, but I’m more than happy to sail with Elsa and the snowman again and again and I don’t even care for Frozen.
Same thing here. I never did it but we had FP's. I told my friends "it's going to be a very slow but pretty ride with a nice animatronic and then it's done". My friends still couldn't believe it was actually over. They just kind of stared in disbelief when it was over...as unload was backing up and bumper boats were happening.

Still haven't found enough time to waste in the day for Frozen.

aladdin2007

agree, however I still like to ride it and pretend I'm on Maelstrom,,,I know get over it right? :D
I know this isn't the thread for it but the dumbest thing they ever did was closing up that waterfall, anything unique and original just do away with it!! thats all they seem to want to do. undo everything that was good.

Goofyernmost

They get paid over time for anything over 8 hours in a day.
Is that part of the contract. Normally it is overtime for over 40 hours per week not 8 hours per day. I can't see Disney agreeing to that when they need flexibility. That's why there are so many the normally work less then 40 hours per week.

Steph15251

Is that part of the contract. Normally it is overtime for over 40 hours per week not 8 hours per day. I can't see Disney agreeing to that when they need flexibility. That's why there are so many the normally work less then 40 hours per week.
I used to work for Disney I know this for a fact and yes it is part of the contract .both full timers and part timers get some kind of holiday pay

YodaMan

I used to work for Disney I know this for a fact and yes it is part of the contract .both full timers and part timers get some kind of holiday pay

The union contracts are all fully visible online for anyone to see and cover everything about overtime, holiday pay, etc

matt9112

What ever it takes is always the case with new headliner attractions. Remember the 4-6 hour waits for FOP. That excludes many people too. It’s actually a lot easier to get to the park before 7am one day while on vacation than it is to devote half a day To standing in line during your limited vacation.

So this new norm is ok to you? Whats a Disney vacation like? Boot camp.

Goofyernmost

Overtime is paid for anything over 8 hours in a day and 40 hours in a week.
Wow, maybe Disney isn't as evil a so many seem to think it is. That is a very rare situation out in the world and the reason why so many companies have 36 hour a week schedules. It still takes 40 hours in that particular week to get any overtime, even if one of those days had a 12 hour day assigned.

peter11435

So this new norm is ok to you? Whats a Disney vacation like? Boot camp.
I would hardly call a temporary process in use for a single new attraction the “new norm.”

I think a disney vacation where you show up early one morning to reserve your boarding group Is better than one where you spend several hours waiting in line for a single attraction. At least while you wait for your boarding group to be called you are free to enjoy your vacation and enjoy other offerings.

I realize not every one is lucky enough to get a boarding group. But even with a standard queue not everyone would be able to ride. The ride is capable of handling the same number of guests with or without boarding groups. If boarding groups were eliminated the same number of guests would get to ride, and the same number of guests would be disappointed. The only difference would be which guests.

We can debate which scenario is most fair. But ultimately it comes down to which works better for each individual. Some people are willing to get up early to get a boarding group. Others are willing to devote multiple hours of their vacation to waiting in line. Both versions involve a sacrifice that some are unwilling to make.

matt9112

I would hardly call a temporary process in use for a single new attraction the “new norm.”

I think a disney vacation where you show up early one morning to reserve your boarding group Is better than one where you spend several hours waiting in line for a single attraction. At least while you wait for your boarding group to be called you are free to enjoy your vacation and enjoy other offerings.

I realize not every one is lucky enough to get a boarding group. But even with a standard queue not everyone would be able to ride. The ride is capable of handling the same number of guests with or without boarding groups. If boarding groups were eliminated the same number of guests would get to ride, and the same number of guests would be disappointed. The only difference would be which guests.

We can debate which scenario is most fair. But ultimately it comes down to which works better for each individual. Some people are willing to get up early to get a boarding group. Others are willing to devote multiple hours of their vacation to waiting in line. Both versions involve a sacrifice that some are unwilling to make.

Yeah i think the better solution is to build theme parks to handle the the crowds they experience....but thats me im a nutcase.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah i think the better solution is to build theme parks to handle the the crowds they experience....but thats me im a nutcase.

The theme parks have successfully attracted more guests than they can handle.

The easiest solution is limiting ticket sales.

Also the most likely to send people nuclear when they can't buy a ticket for the time they intend to go.

RobWDW1971

Also the most likely to send people nuclear when they can't buy a ticket for the time they intend to go.
I’m fully onboard with this. No different than buying tickets to a sporting event, Broadway show, airline, or hotel. If we can book a FastPass for the tea cups two months out, we can select our days we are going. And yes, peak days will sell out, and?

This is well past due - and the charging for “premium” days and then allowing more people in is even more insulting. Like paying a higher rate to fly on a holiday weekend and having somebody sit in your lap.

matt9112

Thats the easiest and most profitable way. For me honestly its the lack of new people eaters. Most of the new attractions dont have great capacity and alot of times there replacing something else in some way or fashion like mini and Mickey.(Vs brand new construction) another issue is draw vs capacity.
Example tron isnt a good fit for mk because its capacity will not compensate for the extra amount of guests it will attract. This is literally what occurs with FOP. In the specific case of pandora they could have built a much larger better and more importantly higher capacity boat ride. But they didn't. They could also invest in new shows. Shows are massive people eaters and although its subpar adding rivers of light was a good move. But why not cash in on the capacity of live performances more...eh i think it has something to do with payroll. Every year attendance increases and they have been doing the modern ticket pricing hikes for what a decade? By year 2 or 3 wouldn't some bean counters look and say hey guys its not steming attendance? With the land they have in florida and the resources they possess theres no reason they cant simply build more. Its purely a money thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom