Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

RobWDW1971

Most if not all.

I cant take credit for it though, lots of insiders have pointed it out. They cut back on hours and shifts regularly, just enough to keep ride times "tolerable". Lowest wait times is not their goal.
But to be fair, that has always been the way - running fewer boats on Jungle, only one side on Thunder, etc. That’s not a new thing - it is just made so much more painful because of the FastPass dynamic.

The_Jobu

But to be fair, that has always been the way - running fewer boats on Jungle, only one side on Thunder, etc. That’s not a new thing - it is just made so much more painful because of the FastPass dynamic.

Yup, fastpass allows predictive staffing, now its easy to forecast the bare minimum staff levels each day.

TTA94

The theme parks have successfully attracted more guests than they can handle.

The easiest solution is limiting ticket sales.

Also the most likely to send people nuclear when they can't buy a ticket for the time they intend to go.

Maybe making a significant change or increase for APs? I’m not sure how much of a issue APs are though compared to regular paying guests?

peter11435

Most if not all.

I cant take credit for it though, lots of insiders have pointed it out. They cut back on hours and shifts regularly, just enough to keep ride times "tolerable". Lowest wait times is not their goal.
This is misleading and not a true representation of how things work. Those “insiders” you speak of are not entirely accurate with their assessment.

peter11435

It's SOP. I don't care for semantics. Not sure what you're trying to defend here. Sorry.
You don’t understand the procedure. Which is understandable since you clearly are basing your statements on second and third hand information.

Sure attractions do sometimes run at reduced capacity based on low attendance. This has been happening for 4 decades. It’s nothing new. But if the demand is there for added capacity they are not artificially creating long waits and leaving that added capacity unutilized. That’s not to say that sometimes guests aren’t waiting 10-15 minutes for something that could be a walk on. So yes short waits are accepted. But you’re never waiting much more than that while an attraction is intentional running at reduced capacity.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

I think the last thing Disney wants is people standing in lines. This offers them no monetary benefit whatsoever. Get people in and out of those rides, get them walking around past your shops and food stands. Let them burn off energy so they are hungry and thirsty. Let them be out in the hot or cold weather so they are inclined to buy sweaters or bottles of water or misting fans. Purposefully keeping lines long is the worst thing they could do for their business.

The_Jobu

You don’t understand the procedure. Which is understandable since you clearly are basing your statements on second and third hand information.

Sure attractions do sometimes run at reduced capacity based on low attendance. This has been happening for 4 decades. It’s nothing new. But if the demand is there for added capacity they are not artificially creating long waits and leaving that added capacity unutilized. That’s not to say that sometimes guests aren’t waiting 10-15 minutes for something that could be a walk on. So yes short waits are accepted. But you’re never waiting much more than that while an attraction is intentional running at reduced capacity.

Agree to disagree. I'll go with observable evidence and trusted commenters over you saying otherwise.

peter11435

Agree to disagree. I'll go with observable evidence and trusted commenters over you saying otherwise.
No worries. Being willfully misinformed is certainly a choice.

I’m curious though when you ever observed a significant wait for attraction that was operating at half capacity, and how you knew that reduced capacity was intentional?

The_Jobu

I’m curious though when you ever observed a significant wait for attraction that was operating at half capacity, and how you knew that reduced capacity was intentional?

I'm sorry but I don't believe you. There's been many CMs that have shared experiences of struggling to get hours or being sent home based on crowds. Data has been crunched showing inflated wait times to keep lines tolerable when they could run more vehicles. Discussions on the uses of the fastpass system as a means of predictive staffing and crowd distribution. You're just a guy saying otherwise because. Sorry, I'll let this thread get back on topic now. You won't convince me and I don't care about convincing you. Cheers.

Steph15251

I'm sorry but I don't believe you. There's been many CMs that have shared experiences of struggling to get hours or being sent home based on crowds. Data has been crunched showing inflated wait times to keep lines tolerable when they could run more vehicles. Discussions on the uses of the fastpass system as a means of predictive staffing and crowd distribution. You're just a guy saying otherwise because. Sorry, I'll let this thread get back on topic now. You won't convince me and I don't care about convincing you. Cheers.
When I worked at Disney ,I was rarely ever sent home and my hours where just fine.But I did merch and I did work at gift shops of a few rides and the attractions cast members got even more hours ,then us with merch.

peter11435

You don’t have to believe me. But that doesn’t make you right. You also still haven’t answered my very simple question.

Cast being sent home or struggling for hours due to low attendance is definitely a thing. When things are slower staffing levels are lower. Nobody is disputing that. When demand does not require full capacity at certain attractions capacity can is reduced. Nobody is disputing that either. It’s also nothing new and not related to fastpass or fastpass+. It has been the case for decades.

However like I said, it’s not used the way you think it’s used. Yes, the company tolerates low waits at reduced capacity. But if you’re waiting anything significant (30+ minutes) you can be assured they are not intentionally running at lower capacity.

Disorbust

Space Mountain on a Saturday, posted wait time 50 minutes and actual was 90 minutes. When you got to load half the training were running.

mlee10

Any new rumors on what the process will be for this ride? I'm not up to date on how Smuggler's Run opened, did it open as stand by only? Do we think that is what they will do with MMRT?

disneygeek90

Any new rumors on what the process will be for this ride? I'm not up to date on how Smuggler's Run opened, did it open as stand by only? Do we think that is what they will do with MMRT?
Standby with no FP+ or Boarding groups (like ROTR) are likely the two options, but no one really knows yet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The very fact that for decades the WDW parks had a much reduced hours of operation in the Fall and Winter as compared to the Summer shows that Disney has always run at reduced capacity based on an assumption of what the crowds will be.

And yet, when I go in February, I'm paying as much for 11 hours of park time as someone in June who gets 14 hours of park time.

Now, those time differences are shrinking as the off season isn't so 'off' any more. But that just shows that WDW does not operate at full capacity all the time.

The length of time and staffing for the third week of February is very different than for Christmas week.

Your local department stores do the same thing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I haven't seen anyone post any youtube vidoes lately about how empty DHS is our what a fail GE is. Am I just not looking in the right thread?

It's a ghost town.

1579793092716.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom