News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

RSoxNo1

Am I blind...?
I just spent an hour staring at that photo trying to find the bird poop and I still can't.
IMG_7337 - Circle.jpg
IMG_7337.jpg

Incomudro

I don’t usually side with jt, but I kinda have to with this one. He has a point, the park will look very aesthetically pleasing when all is said and done. Like I’ve said already, much better than the decaying ruins of EPCOT Center like it has been for years now.

Yeah, Epcot was looking like the grounds of the Worlds Fair in Queens NY.
I welcome this change.

jt04

Didn't JT earlier say that the last time he was there, the EPCOT beam was under construction?

I am one of the few here who experienced and remembers Future World before the cheese-stastic millennium overlays were added. The Electric Umbrella and associated tarps and supports make mall food courts look like a futurist's utopia. It was novel at the time but is almost 2 decades past its expiration date.

The faux nostalgia for the mess is too much. It is as if the Stitch overlay of the MK castle showed up and never went away.

Losing some of the Innoventions moldy structures is of no consequence if they are able to bring back the original FW aesthetics. (which I am certain the competition fears)

I cede the soapbox to any reasoned responder.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I am one of the few here who experienced and remembers Future World before the cheese-stastic millennium overlays were added. The Electric Umbrella and associated tarps and supports make mall food courts look like a futurist's utopia. It was novel at the time but is almost 2 decades past its expiration date.

The faux nostalgia for the mess is too much. It is as if the Stitch overlay of the MK castle showed up and never went away.

Losing some of the Innoventions moldy structures is of no consequence if they are able to bring back the original FW aesthetics. (which I am certain the competition fears)

I cede the soapbox to any reasoned responder.

So removing part of what made the original aesthetic will somehow bring back the original aesthetic?

jt04

Thank you again for injecting some humour into an otherwise sad topic.

Sincerely.

Not sad. This is textbook 'outrage culture' trolling. Bringing back the vision and aesthetics of Future World is cause to celebrate. Even if the original mission statement has to be updated for the 21st century, the original campus was timeless.

Sort of like original mk tomorrowland.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not sad. This is textbook 'outrage culture' trolling. Bringing back the vision and aesthetics of Future World is cause to celebrate. Even if the original mission statement has to be updated for the 21st century, the original campus was timeless.

Sort of like original mk tomorrowland.
Thank you again for injecting some humour into an otherwise sad topic.

Sincerely.

When did you last visit this place you claim to know so much about again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom