News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

Parker in NYC

I am now totally looking forward to a re-telling of Disney's animated Robin Hood, where it turns out that poor abused Sir Hiss was working behind the scenes all along to help Robin Hood frustrate the evil Prince John and bring King Richard back to Notthingham. Why the hell not? :rolleyes:

I am on board for anything Sir Hiss. Quick aside, carry on.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Saw it this afternoon. Never seen the theater so packed. Many people singing along and applauding. I thought it was alright. I prefer IdF and hope it’ll come back more often throughout the day when the novelty of this wears off. What I really disliked is that some songs are cut off. Especially the first one; Angela Lansbury tells everyone to sing along, then the ‘little town’ song starts, everyone starts singing along and they cut it off after 15 seconds. Really weird.

The exhibit with costumes from French shows and cinema is nice, but the area was packed so hard to see everything. I could read the digital sign outside quite well and the wait time number is bright and bold, I could see it very far away. Saw the sign change into IdF around 7:10pm and was happy to see a lot of people go in. Kind of want to go see it tonight to show support, but we’re at Disney on Broadway now.

Cmdr_Crimson

Also, after seeing the new animation it bugs me why they state Lefou was in the castle already when Gaston's men raided it when he clearly was with them after he was told to stay guard at Belle's cottage...
BB-5.gif

Magenta Panther

I am on board for anything Sir Hiss. Quick aside, carry on.

The late Terry Thomas did a great job as voice actor. As did Peter Ustinov as Prince John. I just wish Robin Hood had faced more powerful and menacing villains. If a sequel ever happens, I hope Disney makes use of Sir Guy of Gisborne, a hired killer from the original story. Interestingly, he wore a horsehide cloak, complete with mane and tail. Sort of makes it easy what kind of animal should portray him...

JohnD

Saw the new Sing-Along - few quick impressions.

No live actors, uses only a fraction of the IDF screen, cringeworthy sing-along elements - overall something that I would expect to see on a DVD bonus feature, not as a theme park attraction.

I was not a fan of the Frozen sing-along, but that is significantly better than Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along.

I expect most people will see this once, and not return.

“A few quick impressions”.

I see what you did there.

What makes the Frozen sing along better are the actors, especially the narrators. Sure the song pieces are the same but in-between the narrators are hilarious, often reacting to real-world events in “Hollywoodland”.

The Empress Lilly

Angela Bassett: “And in a display of courage and independence, the Imagineers decided to forego the limitations of a design decision made decades ago and agreed to present Beauty and the Beast: Sing Along in its original 1991 aspect ratio and not be bound by the theater’s unique ultra wide format.”
The joke's still on us. The crap DVD filler extra that the guests could've just watched at home, projected on a third of a movie screen, drawing four times the audience of the revered last original EPCOT attraction.

kpilcher

I’ve heard it described as just that from 3 separate friends who’ve seen it.

And it only uses the central area of the new screen....
The kindest thing I can call it is disappointing. The new animation (only Le Fou) is not bad at all but does not blend well with the 1991 scenes, perhaps because CAPS is long dead. Even though it’s the same voice actor, he doesn’t sound the same either. 30 years will do that. And yes. Only the central part of the screen. I’m looking forward to seeing IDF again soon.

kpilcher

Does anyone else feel that the Lefou animation looks like a downgrade in style..I felt like it was outsourced for some reason..Compared to the "Human Again" segment that animation looks much better...

It wasn’t outsourced and this wasn’t cheaply done, But I think it doesn’t blend well with the other scenes. the backgrounds appear to be digitally painted and the colors don’t match. I suspect part of the problem is they no longer have the CAPS system so they can’t import the original digital files but that is my educated speculation. CAPS was very much used for Human Again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom