News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

peter11435

Oh. I thought we were talking about an incident on the railroad. That example, while tragic, doesn’t mean the railroad can’t go forwards and backwards as only one train would be operating at a time between MSUSA and Toontown.
That’s just not how disney works. Incidents like those spark changes everywhere remotely possible even if seemingly unrelated.

MaryJaneP

No it’s not. The steam train tour still boards and de-trains at the fantasyland station during construction.

Last train of the night was, in every trip we have ever made, not a complete loop and everyone had to get off at fantasyland station as train was not going any further, so regular guests were not allowed to ride train to train shed. If they have different rules for steam train tour guests, that is certainly interesting but not applicable to regular, not steam tour, guests. YMMV

EricsBiscuit

The bottom line is it’s not unprecedented and it’s just TDO being cheap. They should def have the WDWRR running bw MSUSA and Frontierland.

peter11435

Whatever you say bud. Maybe they don’t have the expertise to run a train backwards anymore? Oh well
They can. They know how. They choose not to in an abundance of caution.

When incidents happen. BTM 2003, Monorail 2009, seven seas lagoon, Small World in Paris, etc... the company responds widely and drastically with internal policy and procedure changes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Whatever you say bud. Maybe they don’t have the expertise to run a train backwards anymore? Oh well
As has been said, it’s not expertise.

The reduced visibility running anti clock from Circus or Frontierland is now considered to be below the threshold that’s now accepted to be required. Amongst some of the other points raised earlier.

EricsBiscuit

They can. They know how. They choose not to in an abundance of caution.

When incidents happen. BTM 2003, Monorail 2009, seven seas lagoon, Small World in Paris, etc... the company responds widely and drastically with internal policy and procedure changes.
apples and oranges. I’m all for safety. All I’m saying is that they could if they wanted to.

The reduced visibility running anti clock from Circus or Frontierland is now considered to be below the threshold that’s now accepted to be required. Amongst some of the other points raised earlier.
Interesting.

TrainsOfDisney

The visibility is the same though, it’s just the conductors visibility (who has access to e-stop). Does anyone know who does the shove move to the shop... is it the conductor? Or someone from the engine crew?

Now in a day-to-day operation you would need an additional cast member on the back to call the shove while another cm keeps an eye on passengers.

peter11435

apples and oranges. I’m all for safety. All I’m saying is that they could if they wanted to.

Interesting.
I think we have all said and agree that they could if they wanted to. It is possible. They know how. They don’t want to. And the reason they don’t want to is concerns (exaggerated) over safety. In their eyes the risk is not worth it.

TrainsOfDisney

And the reason they don’t want to is concerns (exaggerated) over safety. In their eyes the risk is not worth it.

That’s the part i disagree with. It could be the reason, but it could also be the logistics and potential angry guests.... they don’t want another “discovery island river cruise” situation where people wait in a long line for a short one way train ride. The fantasyland station would board like 375 people probably once every 30 minutes.... that’s 750 an hour... which isn’t terrible. So I’m not sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom