News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

No Name

The Disneyland railroad was closed for 18 months. In that time they built an entire mountain complete with trestle, multiple AA’s, waterfalls, pedestrian overpass, etc.

But a tunnel and a cloned coaster? Over 24 months. :-/

They open new attractions at the most marketable opportunities in most cases. It’s not like they they’re trying to get it done as soon as possible. Tron wouldn’t open before 2021 even if it could because it doesn’t make business sense to do that.

Point being I don’t understand timeline complaints in certain cases like this.

Disone

😔
I would hope the railroad would reopen prior to the tron openings. DLRR reopened well in advance of galaxies edge opening. That said WDWRR railroad kind of goes through Tron. Sigh. Seems there would be away if there was a will.

jbolen2

I would hope the railroad would reopen prior to the tron openings. DLRR reopened well in advance of galaxies edge opening. That said WDWRR railroad kind of goes through Tron. Sigh. Seems there would be away if there was a will.

my son has been disappointed the last few trips that it’s still closed. I’m surprised they didn’t build the tunnel portion first and let people have a “preview look through Windows in the construction walls.

Disone

my son has been disappointed the last few trips that it’s still closed. I’m surprised they didn’t build the tunnel portion first and let people have a “preview look through Windows in the construction walls.
Agree but I am sure this was an accountant selected plan.

TrainsOfDisney

They could run it in shuttle mode if they wanted to right?

They could. Probably would run into capacity problems during peak season, the line gets very long for the railroad during peak season even with 3 trains on the track.

The track between Frontierland and Fantasyland station is pretty flat and has no grade crossings or tunnels, would be a super easy shove move both physically on the locomotive and operationally.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
They could. Probably would run into capacity problems during peak season, the line gets very long for the railroad during peak season even with 3 trains on the track.

The track between Frontierland and Fantasyland station is pretty flat and has no grade crossings or tunnels, would be a super easy shove move both physically on the locomotive and operationally.

Yeah, they could only run one train that way, so that makes sense if it's just too busy to do

fotofx

Yeah, they could only run one train that way, so that makes sense if it's just too busy to do

Actually with a little timing you could run two. Have one running from Frontier to Fantasy and one going Main Street to Frontier. Just have to make sure when one is in Frontier the other is holding at Main/Fantasy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Or... make Fantasyland Station a must-exit for everyone.

That only puts the CM running the train at risk, which would still require OSHA safety requirements. But hey, it's no big deal if the train gets a lot of scrapes and bang-ups, right?

TrainsOfDisney

Actually with a little timing you could run two. Have one running from Frontier to Fantasy and one going Main Street to Frontier. Just have to make sure when one is in Frontier the other is holding at Main/Fantasy.

Technically this is possible but you’d have to have 2 lines of guests and the logistics would be crazy. It’s also a more complex shove move from Frontierland to Main Street with 2 tunnels, and 2 grade crossings. Pretty sure there is a slight downgrade coming out of Main Street to Frontierland as well. Certainly not impossible

Or... make Fantasyland Station a must-exit for everyone.

That only puts the CM running the train at risk, which would still require OSHA safety requirements. But hey, it's no big deal if the train gets a lot of scrapes and bang-ups, right?

??? Guests ride the train during a shove move every day even now... and that’s over a semi-public grade crossing (I’m not sure if that road is considered private or public?).

There is absolutely nothing dangerous with trains doing shove moves. It’s just a logistics thing.

EricsBiscuit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom