Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Reactions: SPOILERS

Tony Perkis

But it's not Star Wars. If TLJ was a standalone film that didn't have 40 years of history behind it. Then sure, it was visually appealing, but still had a weak story. To get a little perspective of where some of us are coming from:

He does have valid points.

“It’s not Star Wars” is people who want remakes of the OT say.

TROR

I’ve never said all the movies after Empire suck though. I quite enjoy RotJ and yes, even the Prequels to a certain extent. I also enjoyed The Force Awakens. Then we went from a bad follow up to a comically mediocre conclusion. And TLJ = to Empire? If you want a modern equivalent to the overall feeling of ESB look no further than Infinity War.
Hey you! Acting like a moron and saying stupid things is my job!

Tony Perkis

Johnson is never getting his trilogy. Disney’s apparent willingness to sneakily throw him under the bus on the press tour of and in the movie of Rise of Skywalker should be proof enough of that. No matter what these people might say now when asked directly about it.

Quite frankly, Lucasfilm and the crew should be ashamed of themselves for this promotional tour.

fractal

I think Finn screamed "Rey!" about a thousand times in these three movies.

And was up with the whole Chewie died but then there was a mysterious "other ship"? Was that whole thing changed mid production to have them go on another "mission"? So flunking stupid.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Star Wars fans have no clue what they want. They’re largely toxic.

The fact that TLJ under performed. The fact that Solo bombed, The fact that RoS is not living up to expectations (not what any logical person can say would be an expectation of a movie ending the Star Wars saga). At some point you just gotta admit. Yeah Rian with his TLJ crap - really f*cked it up. Sometimes it's "just you". Maybe just maybe, that's why they took away his trilogy.

BasiltheBatLord

So many memorable lines in the original trilogy and the even the prequels.

Can anyone give me any memorable lines from the new trilogy? Lines that will be remembered years from now?
Serious answer:

"Chewie, we're home." and "It's true. All of it." are two lines from this trilogy that I think have actually succesfully entered into the cultural lexicon. Maybe "No one's ever really gone" also.

Tony Perkis

The fact that TLJ under performed. The fact that Solo bombed, The fact that RoS is not living up to expectations (not what any logical person can say would be an expectation of a movie ending the Star Wars saga). At some point you just gotta admit. Yeah Rian with his TLJ crap - really f*cked it up. Some times it's "just you"
I gotta admit nothing.

You’re part of the toxic fanbase, it seems.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Serious answer:

"Chewie, we're home." and "It's true. All of it." are two lines from this trilogy that I think have actually succesfully entered into the cultural lexicon. Maybe "No one's ever really gone" also.

I'm sure there are a few. TFA did $2 Billion. I just wonder if TLJ and RoS combined can reach that.

Tony Perkis

So why did it all go down hill after Rian Johnson? I'll wait.
You don’t have to wait long, slick.

Because Kathleen Kennedy has no vision nor adequate managerial qualities.

She screwed up Solo because she had no idea of what the tone should be. She screwed up by rehiring J.J. Abrams, who has an incredibly tepid track record when ending things. She screwed up with Rogue One greenlighting a film without a finished script.

It‘s quite telling that the only film under her management that didn’t have any meaningful setback was TLJ.

Rian Johnson didn’t force any creative decision that undermined the intelligence of the audience. The fact is, Abrams made a crappy film whose reviews are on par with the prequels, and is getting largely muted responses. Ron Howard made an ugly, boring film involving a story nobody cared about. Both films are far and away the least critically successful films in the new series, and their BO results show it.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
You don’t have to wait long, slick.

Because Kathleen Kennedy has no vision nor adequate managerial qualities.

She screwed up Solo because she had no idea of what the tone should be. She screwed up by rehiring J.J. Abrams, who has an incredibly tepid track record when ending things. She screwed up with Rogue One greenlighting a film without a finished script.

It‘s quite telling that the only film under her management that didn’t have any meaningful setback was TLJ.

Rian Johnson didn’t force any creative decision that undermined the intelligence of the audience. The fact is, Abrams made a crappy film whose reviews are on par with the prequels, and is getting largely muted responses. Ron Howard made an ugly, boring film involving a story nobody cared about. Both films are far and away the least critically successful films in the new series, and their BO results show it.

That's rich. The movie that destroyed a franchise and a theme park land has nothing to do with the writer/director? Ok then. The SW franchise has been in a downward spiral since the release of The Last Jedi. You can ignore it, try and rationalize it, but you can't change that fact. Good for you for trying though. And now you're blaming Kennedy? WOW. I blame Kennedy for hiring Johnson. 😂

BTW- I didn't get an answer on the Boba Fett movie. Is that still on?

Last edited:

fractal

Can we talk about the "Ready,Set,Go" Rey scene with Kylo in his fighter?

How did he survive the crash and explosion? Did he create some kind of Force bubble?

There was a quantum leap in force user's powers in this movie. The force has gone from a special power to making Jedi and Sith all but God-like. I mean he literally walked out of that unscathed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom