Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Reactions: SPOILERS

socalifornian

They're too busy complaining about Rose Tico's limited screen time........give it time.

See?
>>Unlike The Last Jedi, where Rose basically has equal importance to Finn or Poe, she’s a background character in The Rise of Skywalker.

The new Jar Jar

Apologies if this has been discussed, but are we supposed to know what Finn wanted to tell Rey the whole time?
My guess
1D043FEB-4473-469E-BC5F-93122D13FD05.gif

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Apologies if this has been discussed, but are we supposed to know what Finn wanted to tell Rey the whole time?

I'm going with: 1) He loved her (hard to imagine considering TLJ separated them the entire film). 2) He was force sensitive. At this point I'll go with option 2. Though I think the love interest angle is probably at least considered by Abrams.

Mike S

Joesixtoe

Finally seen it.. Mike S.. I like your postings and I feel like you and I seem to agree a lot...
Although I kinda like RoS. I think it's more like episodes 1-6 is one saga and 7-9 is its own trilogy. Anakin brought balance to the force.. somehow Palpatine through Sith magic or cloning or what, somewhat came back.. so now it's up to the kids to do their thing. Both are of powerful lineages, Skywalker and a Palpatine coming together to form a strong force bond that is rarely seen. I think Kylo winning in the fight against Rey helped both Rey and the movie a lot. Shows Rey isn't as OP as they were portraying her to be, gives her some serious character. I still think Luke got a bit of the short hand of the stick in this trilogy, but hopefully they will make it up at some point. Overall it was much better than I feared.

Mike S

Finally seen it.. Mike S.. I like your postings and I feel like you and I seem to agree a lot...
Although I kinda like RoS. I think it's more like episodes 1-6 is one saga and 7-9 is its own trilogy. Anakin brought balance to the force.. somehow Palpatine through Sith magic or cloning or what, somewhat came back.. so now it's up to the kids to do their thing. Both are of powerful lineages, Skywalker and a Palpatine coming together to form a strong force bond that is rarely seen. I think Kylo winning in the fight against Rey helped both Rey and the movie a lot. Shows Rey isn't as OP as they were portraying her to be, gives her some serious character. I still think Luke got a bit of the short hand of the stick in this trilogy, but hopefully they will make it up at some point. Overall it was much better than I feared.
Aren’t you happy I lowered your expectations then so that the movie could exceed them for you? 😉

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

This is nothing new. Force Heal and Force Drain have been used by other Jedi and Sith in books and games in the Star Wars Universe for years. The problem with many "SW fans" is they are just movie fans. They don't know much about the expanded universe. Then they get all upset when "new" things happen that are not new at all.
only the movies matter in the end. all of the games and comic books no one gives a crap about.

Mike S

So it's not for the story they watch, it's for their narrative to be played out on the big screen.
To be fair this is like the third time Disney has teased something like this only for it to turn out to be like only a few seconds with very minor characters. If you’re going to do it just do it and shut up. If not, don’t do it and still shut up. It comes off as shallow pandering just to sell and market the movie to these people.

socalifornian

To be fair this is like the third time Disney has teased something like this only for it to turn out to be like only a few seconds with very minor characters. If you’re going to do it just do it and shut up. If not, don’t do it and still shut up. It comes off as shallow pandering just to sell and market the movie to these people.
I thought I was spoiled big time with all the news sources talking about that same sex kiss, but I didn’t even realize I missed it until after the credits rolled

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom