Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's (Plus two J's and a N): A Birthday Christmas Extravaganza

Hello everyone - we got back from the World yesterday so time to start our trip report.

Who ?
The whole family (as the title indicates)
My sister Jill and my brother in law Nick
582300149.jpeg

My other sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth we call her Betta) and my nephew Max
DSC_0996.jpg

And my parents (Jeff and Mary) and myself (Megan)
IMG_3080.jpg

When?
December 3-8, 2019
Jill and Nick were there November 30-December 6, 2019

Why?
To celebrate Jill's 40th Birthday and Christmas :)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter - our favorite moderate

The title:
I like the title the 4 M's because that's what Max calls my Mom, Betta, him and I - Mary, Mom (Betta), Max and Megan :) Then - just added some initials :hilarious:

Day 1 December 3, 2019
After work I headed home and met up with my Mom, Dad, Max and Betta and we headed to the airport. We were originally supposed to leave the next day, but that flight got pushed to 5 am and I work typically until 9 pm on Tuesday nights. So, I adjusted my schedule and we took this flight instead of having to get up SUPER early after a late work night.
I should mention that Betta was on crutches this trip - this is from her surgery I have mentioned before (hip surgery) that she had 8 weeks ago. Needed some help getting around long distances.
I had a hard time taking photos this trip just due to pushing the stroller mostly so sorry in advance.
We had some dinner in the airport then headed to our gate.
DSC_0003.JPG

Our room was ready and it turns out we were next to Jill and Nick and Betta and Max were next to us. We did not ask for this so that was a nice surprise.
fullsizeoutput_42ab.jpeg

Our plane was at the gate but for some reason no one got off for forever. Then, we had 10 wheelchairs that needed to go on one at a time.
IMG_0192.JPG

Finally we boarded about 20 minutes late.
mzP6wRNRRmWsjDnpf58EvQ.jpg

v+vGR4T%RM+FoGaAw4q8bg.jpg

We ended up having to de-ice. It was SUPER dry out at the time we were supposed to leave but all of a sudden started snowing SO hard right before we left.
You can kind of see it outside the window
KHEu8TfaRUW9gwaxsN4FoQ.jpg

So...in the end we ended up leaving about 45 minutes late :confused:
The flight felt like it took forever but eventually we landed at 9:30 pm.
New Star Wars Galaxy's Edge stuff around the fonorail
DSC_0012.JPG

Next up: more arrival

BrerWayne

Day 1 continued
Fonorail!
On the fonorail Max said "look Mom I'm riding on a pole" :hilarious: To which everyone in the car laughed.
View attachment 431900
View attachment 431901
We elected to get our luggage to avoid a late drop off.
View attachment 431903
View attachment 431904
Then we dragged it all the way over to the Magical Express
View attachment 431905
Magical Express selfies
View attachment 431906
View attachment 431907
Hello Disney and all the dead bugs on the window :hilarious:
View attachment 431908
I did not take any more photos the rest of the night. We made it to the hotel around 11:15 pm and headed right to bed.

Next up: Day 2
Following along!

Big Hair

Looking forward to more magic. I may have missed it but how early did you get in line for the candlelight processional? Any advice for my upcoming processional, my first.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Looking forward to more magic. I may have missed it but how early did you get in line for the candlelight processional? Any advice for my upcoming processional, my first.

I don't have any advice for you about lining up, but I really hope you enjoy the Candlelight. It is one of my favorite things at WDW. Have you thought about doing a dining package, that's what we usually do so we don't have to worry about lining up.

Big Hair

I don't have any advice for you about lining up, but I really hope you enjoy the Candlelight. It is one of my favorite things at WDW. Have you thought about doing a dining package, that's what we usually do so we don't have to worry about lining up.
Yes, we have a dining package, dinner at Trattoria earlier. I have gathered there is quite a line for the dining package entry too? I have always wanted to experience this and finally get the chance.

Megbutnotmegan

Yes, we have a dining package, dinner at Trattoria earlier. I have gathered there is quite a line for the dining package entry too? I have always wanted to experience this and finally get the chance.
I wouldn’t worry too much about lining up with the dining package. Last year we did the dining package and my family was incredibly slow at getting over there. They just couldn’t be convinced to head over early. Then we got stuck behind the earth being brought out for Illuminations. So we showed up as it was starting. We showed our stickers and were led right in. I mentioned to the cast member that i thought we wouldn’t have any seats available and they said they save seats for dining package guests. If you have the sticker you’re guaranteed a seat even if you show up late. I wouldn’t recommend being late but our seats were good and we enjoyed the show once my stress over missing it subsided 😂

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I wouldn’t worry too much about lining up with the dining package. Last year we did the dining package and my family was incredibly slow at getting over there. They just couldn’t be convinced to head over early. Then we got stuck behind the earth being brought out for Illuminations. So we showed up as it was starting. We showed our stickers and were led right in. I mentioned to the cast member that i thought we wouldn’t have any seats available and they said they save seats for dining package guests. If you have the sticker you’re guaranteed a seat even if you show up late. I wouldn’t recommend being late but our seats were good and we enjoyed the show once my stress over missing it subsided 😂

I was going to say the same thing. We lined up only about 30 minutes ahead of time and the line was crazy since it was NPH but last time we did it we lined up really late and got to sit in the front so it definitely depends on the narrator but either way you will definitely get a seat!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 December 5, 2019
We got up pretty early again for no reason :hilarious:
My parents and I headed to get some breakfast
I had tater tots (aka "potato barrels") and bacon; my Dad had something similar
IMG_0389D.JPG

My Mom had a waffle with berries
IMG_0390D.JPG

Everyone else came down in waves to eat then we headed to the bus for Epcot.
This was the day of Jill's 40th Birthday ! Yes - she is 40 even though (in my opinion) she does not look it!
IMG_0395.JPG

DSC_0198.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

We had a FP for Spaceship Earth later in the day but we would have to miss it due to a reservation so we decided to ride that first.
DSC_0201.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

DSC_0204.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
DSC_0209.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

DSC_0212.JPG

IMG_0419D.JPG

Then we headed over towards The Land for our first FP! Living with the Land - Jill's favorite ride!!
DSC_0220.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

They decorated for Christmas on the Land - so cute!
I wish we had more time this trip to ride it at night. I feel like I said that about everything. I determined my next Christmas trip needs to be longer because we missed a lot of things we wanted to do. Next time!
DSC_0226.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0229.JPG

DSC_0233.JPG

slipperalwaysfits

I was nervous I really over sold this show but everyone really loved it! My Mom and I enjoyed it last year but it was after Christmas so it felt a little weird. This year it was perfect - especially with NPH
We LOVE the CP, and getting the dining package for it!!! It's a great deal and so nice not to have to wait all day; we line up 30 minutes prior, also! We've been lucky enough to see NPH, too! 🤩 🤩 🤩

Also, your sister does NOT look 40! Your mom doesn't look old enough to be the mom of a 40 year old!

We got up pretty early again for no reason

I ONLY DO THIS IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!

I determined my next Christmas trip needs to be longer because we missed a lot of things we wanted to do. Next time!

YES! This is how I feel about all my trips, but especially the ones with all the Christmas festivities happening!!:inlove::inlove:

monykalyn

Ah Max is still too cute! And the rest of ya ain’t bad either ;)
Love the parks at the holidays, will be there starting Jan 4th, but think most of holiday stuff will be down.
You and your mom got the Minnie bands! I wanted one but I procrastinated on choosing and buying it and it was gone.
We are staying at POFQ in January- our first time there. We had choice of there or CBR or AKL but DH wanted a new place. With shorter park hours being close to Disney Springs might be nice!
And I’m guessing y’all are Bills Fans?🙂

BrerWayne

Day 3 December 5, 2019
We got up pretty early again for no reason :hilarious:
My parents and I headed to get some breakfast
I had tater tots (aka "potato barrels") and bacon; my Dad had something similar
View attachment 434272
My Mom had a waffle with berries
View attachment 434273
Everyone else came down in waves to eat then we headed to the bus for Epcot.
This was the day of Jill's 40th Birthday ! Yes - she is 40 even though (in my opinion) she does not look it!
View attachment 434274
View attachment 434278
View attachment 434279
We had a FP for Spaceship Earth later in the day but we would have to miss it due to a reservation so we decided to ride that first.
View attachment 434280
View attachment 434281
View attachment 434282
View attachment 434283

Your sister looks like Elsa from Frozen!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We LOVE the CP, and getting the dining package for it!!! It's a great deal and so nice not to have to wait all day; we line up 30 minutes prior, also! We've been lucky enough to see NPH, too! 🤩 🤩 🤩

Also, your sister does NOT look 40! Your mom doesn't look old enough to be the mom of a 40 year old!

I ONLY DO THIS IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! This is how I feel about all my trips, but especially the ones with all the Christmas festivities happening!!:inlove::inlove:

Oh - NPH was so great! I hope to see him again someday! My Mom will be very happy to hear that :hilarious:
I do get up early at home so getting up early at Disney is like sleeping in for me :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ah Max is still too cute! And the rest of ya ain’t bad either ;)
Love the parks at the holidays, will be there starting Jan 4th, but think most of holiday stuff will be down.
You and your mom got the Minnie bands! I wanted one but I procrastinated on choosing and buying it and it was gone.
We are staying at POFQ in January- our first time there. We had choice of there or CBR or AKL but DH wanted a new place. With shorter park hours being close to Disney Springs might be nice!
And I’m guessing y’all are Bills Fans?🙂

We are obviously Bills fans :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I think you will really like POFQ - the boat ride to Disney Springs is especially nice !

Your sister looks like Elsa from Frozen!

Funny you say that - for our next trip I'm making her wear an Elsa shirt because people always say that :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom