News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

yensid67

I am going to try to be OPTIMISTIC...But seeing these pics of DESTRUCTION of Innoventions makes me sad because I worked within those walls But Hopefully the future is going to be bright for this space and guests will be in awe! #FINGERSCROSSED

THEMEPARKPIONEER

i left it off on purpose... it is barely worth mentioning. Imagine if you had boarded a ground shuttle vehicle at that point which would have taken you to the main concourse of the Mars Base (WOLBuilding) ...Along the ride you could have been looking out windows onto the Martian landscape...once under the dome of the Mars Base could have been several other attraction and NASA type displays. It would have been an epic way to re-purpose the WOL building and make Mission Space an even greater draw.
They should have done just that and kept Horizons. That section of the park does not deserve to be called World Discovery.

WDWFREAK53

Had they actually built the entire pavilion, MS would have been utterly amazing... The launch and journey were just the beginning...there would have been a whole pavilion to explore on arriving at the Mars base a la Living Seas...Another attraction, a show or two, QS options.. All those are missing that would have completed Mission Space and turned it into so much more than just a thrill ride and gift shop.

Wait...so are you saying that the original vision for the "entire pavilion" would have the Mission:Space ride be similar to the Hydrolaters? It was just a mode of transport to get to the pavilion? You also mention another attraction...would that "other attraction" be a main ride exploring Mars? Now I'm really intrigued.

Bocabear

Wait...so are you saying that the original vision for the "entire pavilion" would have the Mission:Space ride be similar to the Hydrolaters? It was just a mode of transport to get to the pavilion? You also mention another attraction...would that "other attraction" be a main ride exploring Mars? Now I'm really intrigued.
yes...originally the launch was just the beginning...

tparris

Photo from Disneygeek shows that almost all of the roof has been removed, including the overhanging part. Looks like they are starting to actually take down the structure now.
7E6253FF-DDC7-4FA7-A983-40ACBF64AFCA.jpeg

Chris767

The building with Electric Umbrella is pretty big. After the temporary MouseGear is moved out there’s definitely lots of room in there. What else could join it, Club Cool?

aladdin2007

It’s hard to believe someone approves a lot of this stuff.

was thinking the same, its hard to believe "anyone" approves these things. But they are just workers, there is no Disney connection anymore. so sad to see that gone. Sometimes I think they are doing this as they go, without a true concrete plan even though they advertise one. Whatever they feel like they want to spend in the moment, otherwise leave it half done or down to nothing. ho hum, I need some hot cocoa haha.

Bocabear

The only thing is that WoL was still trucking along back then. Mission: Space would already be a year into construction before MetLife pulled out
The original thought was that Mission Space would have had a complete pavilion niot using WOL... I was thinking that they could have done a great overhaul to MS and take over the unused WOL Pavilion to be a huge Space Pavilion adjacent...That whole quarter of Futuer World could have been about interplanetary Discovery... but... you know... Disney Play! ...meh

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm kinda suprised they are doing this whole strip and deconstruct thing.. They are going to redo all the ground work too.. why not just tear the sucker down with strippers and snips?

IMDREW

Now I just wish the plan included that everything inside the monorail loop (except SSE) would be gutted and a completely new plan would be build. Letting half of Innoventions stay won't ever get the pain away cause I'll be reminded of what was/could have been. If they just removed everything it would take the bandage off much faster imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom