News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

Had they actually built the entire pavilion, MS would have been utterly amazing... The launch and journey were just the beginning...there would have been a whole pavilion to explore on arriving at the Mars base a la Living Seas...Another attraction, a show or two, QS options.. All those are missing that would have completed Mission Space and turned it into so much more than just a thrill ride and gift shop.

alphac2005

Personally I do think M:S a great attraction.

Thrill rides are not a good direction for EPCOT, and the presentation and story are lacking. But at its core lies a unique attraction with a real kick to it. That launch!

I agree about M:S, unfortunately it replaced IMHO the greatest attraction that the company has ever built. The other downside is that in our family of five, I'm the only one that will ride it. It's too intense for my wife and kids' (including teenagers) taste.

trainplane3

Had they actually built the entire pavilion, MS would have been utterly amazing... The launch and journey were just the beginning...there would have been a whole pavilion to explore on arriving at the Mars base a la Living Seas...Another attraction, a show or two, QS options.. All those are missing that would have completed Mission Space and turned it into so much more than just a thrill ride and gift shop.
*and post show

Everyone forgets about the post-show area exists. Heck I do too.

Bocabear

*and post show

Everyone forgets about the post-show area exists. Heck I do too.
i left it off on purpose... it is barely worth mentioning. Imagine if you had boarded a ground shuttle vehicle at that point which would have taken you to the main concourse of the Mars Base (WOLBuilding) ...Along the ride you could have been looking out windows onto the Martian landscape...once under the dome of the Mars Base could have been several other attraction and NASA type displays. It would have been an epic way to re-purpose the WOL building and make Mission Space an even greater draw.

tparris

Photo update from The Magic Blitz on Twitter:
2391AFA8-E1D1-47F6-9D5E-731FB74116B2.jpeg
5FE70314-52E7-4B3F-8464-DB7D494B2140.jpeg
34CFDA48-6754-4972-8ABE-9B44F804AAAB.jpeg
CFC9AF99-CA7F-4A17-AAA2-8D835476122F.jpeg

THEMEPARKPIONEER

The thing that bothers me is that for over 20 years they let what they had fall apart and now instead of just fixing a top 5 most visited park and making improvement within that time they now spend even more money to remove what they have and dramatically change the park and who knows if it will maintain its popularity once it becomes your generic run of the mill Theme Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom