News The Effect of “Frozen 2” in the Parks (SPOILER HEAVY)

DisneyOutsider

And I don't care what YOU care about. I don't even know what the original post was. Was that you? I have no idea. I was simply commenting on the mediocrity of the film being discussed in the thread, and using another current film as an example. In the third sentence I did get into the weeds a bit on comparing it to other Disney works, so there is that for you. :)

Then don't quote my post if you aren't capable of discussion... bye.

Dutch Inn '76

Then don't quote my post if you aren't capable of discussion... bye.

You're right that I don't really want a discussion about this film. I was just using your comment as a jumping off point. Why am I still here? Probably because you keep being rude. That little red flag pops up and we just have to say something! :)

Disney Analyst

And I don't care what YOU care about. I don't even know what the original post was. Was that you? I have no idea. I was simply commenting on the mediocrity of the film being discussed in the thread, and using another current film as an example. In the third sentence I did get into the weeds a bit on comparing it to other Disney works, so there is that for you. :)

Your opinion is valid. But I think people can hold movies to different standards. Frozen 2 is a fantastic animated film, and I actually love the new music. But in no way should be compared to Knives Out.

To each their own.

Mouse Trap

Metacritic is the only indicator left that isn't used by the industry in clandestine ways the consumer doesn't understand. Disney wanted $150 million out of this one, they got $127 million. It's likely to grab a box office total of $500-600 million, far below the billion of the first.

@WDW Pro Out for three weeks and it’s grossed 900M+

It’s incredible how terribly wrong you were. Thought you knew and were well connected in the industry?! 😂 ;):hilarious:

Last edited:

kong1802

Comparing domestic totals it took Frozen about 40 days to hit $300M compared to 17 days for Frozen 2. I did the math very quickly so I might be off by a few days.

Hate piling on (not really) but here's a link for @WDW Pro ...........

So far its doubling the first one....

Sorry bud.........

OG Runner

It really appears that Disney/Pixar has found the perfect formula. You wait a few years for the sequel, based
on the performance of the original. Frozen did great and now the sequel, (6 yrs. later), is absolutely killing it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think most objective adults will find that F2's storyline was just flat out more interesting than the original.

Actually the storyline was confusing and a big mess, while at the same time, everything that DID make sense was entirely predictable before details of the movie were even surfaced. I did a podcast with a friend a while back stating EVERYthing that happened, plot wise, in the movie, before I knew anything about F2. If there are ANY critiques on Frozen 2, the plot is what has usually been attacked.

It was a mixture of lazy writing AND a jumbled mess. Olaf was the best part of the movie in my personal opinion. That's saying something.

OG Runner

Actually the storyline was confusing and a big mess, while at the same time, everything that DID make sense was entirely predictable before details of the movie were even surfaced. I did a podcast with a friend a while back stating EVERYthing that happened, plot wise, in the movie, before I knew anything about F2. If there are ANY critiques on Frozen 2, the plot is what has usually been attacked.

It was a mixture of lazy writing AND a jumbled mess. Olaf was the best part of the movie in my personal opinion. That's saying something.

I am pretty sure the millions of people that are going to see Frozen 2 these 3 weeks may disagree with you.

Mouse Trap

Link to your podcast pls.

Disney Analyst

I completely disagree haha. Thank god art is subjective and you personally can’t determine any of these things for anyone else but yourself.

In other news. Soundtrack has hit number 1 on billboard 200 chart.

DisneyOutsider

Definitely disagree on the storyline being a mess. No comment on your psychic abilities.

I will agree with you about Olaf. Josh Gad really shined in this one, and that's a good thing.

peter11435

It really wasn’t that confusing. Not sure why you felt it was.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom