Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

RobWDW1971

So we need to evacuate Batuu and get to a secret base. Somehow Kylo thinks we know where we are going. We escape and land back on Batuu. Isn't that Star Destroyer still in orbit? We still need to evacuate to the secret base before they start an aerial bombardment. We accomplish nothing. Kylo and two stromtroopers roam around bothering tourists that don't have reservations to get drunk at the bar.

The ride looks great so I’m going to give them a pass on all of the logic issues as the land’s entire concept is problematic as we’ve all discussed.

The most generous take is that the Rebellion/Resistance’s attack on the Empire/First Order Star Destroyer was successful so the danger has passed and we no longer need to escape. Who knows.

Now why Kylo is walking around when I get off the ride or why the Empire/First Order can’t see the Millenium Falcon that helped destroy the Death Star twice sitting right in front of them, these are questions for WDI.

It was also odd that Rey was beaming into the room when she’s on Batuu with us (and one of the only characters who is) and usually standing outside the entrance - too lazy to just walk inside?

Again, the ride looks awesome and like actual Star Wars so this is a day of celebration.

RobWDW1971

The Millennium Falcon is an elaborate Instagram installation.

This video shows that there are two different elevators in the AT AT scene, one that goes up directly in front of the head and another off to the side. This one isn't as good as the other one, but it's cool that there are different paths.

Thought that was cool too and the views into the AT-AT were different. What’s odd is both paths see Finn - why would there be two Finns in the same space? Both cars are meant to be traveling through the same physical space in that scene - would have made more sense to have a different character there so each path you see a different view of what is going on in the same scene.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

I think the ride looks great but I actually am somewhat disappointed. I think this ride was hyped up a little too much. Again not to say it's bad but it's kinda missing a "holy crap I can't believe that's happening in front of me" moment which is necessary of big E-tickets like this imo.

I think the queue/pre-show is a complete home run. Will go down in history as one of the best ever.

George Lucas on a Bench

I have reverse disappointment in the land and Millennium Falcon ride and now excitement to ride this.

The novelty of the new land diminished after a visit and taking first-timers there. We did the obligatory "Ooh/Aah" when we saw the Falcon, experienced the guilty pleasure of being pilot on the ride, peed in the weird bathroom with circus music playing and then got bored with it. It's just a massive, massive disappointment. But now, there's a reason to go back and a ride that looks better than Indiana Jones conveniently located off a path from Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain so you don't have to bother with the disappointing side of the land.

Mac Tonight

I have reverse disappointment in the land and Millennium Falcon ride and now excitement to ride this.

The novelty of the new land diminished after a visit and taking first-timers there. We did the obligatory "Ooh/Aah" when we saw the Falcon, experienced the guilty pleasure of being pilot on the ride, peed in the weird bathroom with circus music playing and then got bored with it. It's just a massive, massive disappointment. But now, there's a reason to go back and a ride that looks better than Indiana Jones conveniently located off a path from Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain so you don't have to bother with the disappointing side of the land.
I said earlier that its was good foresight to put this one so close to a major land entrance so you can just hop on and head right back out the land without having to pass through the rest.

Disney Analyst

After watching the videos multiple times, the only thing sliiiiightly bothering me is

the AT-AT's appear to be completely static. I kinda thought there'd be some big head movement or something. Oh well.

one AT-AT is static; the side view one as you go up elevator. Other one that you go up elevator facing head has gun movement. Once the storm troopers in cockpit notice you the guns lower to shoot at you.

Animaniac93-98

It's for this reason I'm happy that Paris is getting RotR and some dining/shopping and opting to build something else besides the disappointing half of Galaxy's Edge.

Phroobar

one AT-AT is static; the side view one as you go up elevator. Other one that you go up elevator facing head has gun movement. Once the storm troopers in cockpit notice you the guns lower to shoot at you.
Nice to know that my source was right about the elevator next to the AT-ATs from a few years ago.

TP2000

Original Poster
In about 10 minutes they will be live streaming the opening ceremony in Florida on the Parks Blog.

The link to the live stream is here, starting at 3:55 Pacific Standard Time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom