Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

DanielBB8

Now that I've seen it, I was wondering what the riders did that gotten thanks from the characters in it. It only shows how lame Kylo Ren is. He has all that firepower that amounts to nothing.

George Lucas on a Bench

I've watched the footage and while it doesn't appear to be the greatest thing ever like I'm sure many will make it out to be, it's what you would have expected from Disney for these Star Wars lands, unlike the Millennium Falcon ride and all the other, uh, attractions we've been bored by.

The Stormtrooper mannequins are pretty disappointing as are the simulator screen parts, but whatever. It's still a sprawling dark ride with cool themed sci-fi interiors and it isn't boring and baffling like the rest of the land.

DanielBB8

I've watched the footage and while it doesn't appear to be the greatest thing ever like I'm sure many will make it out to be, it's what you would have expected from Disney for these Star Wars lands, unlike the Millennium Falcon ride and all the other, uh, attractions we've been bored by.

The Stormtrooper mannequins are pretty disappointing as are the simulator screen parts, but whatever. It's still a sprawling dark ride with cool themed sci-fi interiors and it isn't boring and baffling like the rest of the land.
I expected a story instead of just an escape ride. It could be called a Star Wars Experience. It seems like an once and done experience. Not sure what the Rey intro means when she said Batuu was discovered and the place should be evacuated. Yes, Batuu must be evacuated.

Phroobar

Sad thing is they don't even know they are doing it anymore.

Mac Tonight

giphy.gif

mickEblu

I expected a story instead of just an escape ride. It could be called a Star Wars Experience. It seems like an once and done experience. Not sure what the Rey intro means when she said Batuu was discovered and the place should be evacuated. Yes, Batuu must be evacuated.

If there is no trade talk or midi-chlorian discussions I want my money back!

but seriously what kind of story did you expect? Haven’t seen the video but What’s the difference between this and Indy from a story perspective?

Mac Tonight

but seriously what kind of story did you expect? Haven’t seen the video but What’s the difference between this and Indy from a story perspective?
Once upon a time...

You are invited into an experience...
But then, ruh-roh! Stuff happens!
Now how will you escape?
"I know! This way! Follow me!"
"Phew! That was close. Next time, you're on your own."

THE END.

DanielBB8

I didn't expect the ride to undercut Batuu in the first instance. In the second, a great ride shouldn't amount to so little. If it's the experience, it should be milked, but it felt like another bad "The Last Jedi" movie highlight and we couldn't wait for the end credits. Plus, it thanked for guests for doing absolutely nothing. We didn't even have intelligence to deliver to somewhere because where we are going is a secret location.

Mac Tonight

I didn't expect the ride to undercut Batuu in the first instance. In the second, a great ride shouldn't amount to so little. If it's the experience, it should be milked, but it felt like another bad "The Last Jedi" movie highlight and we couldn't wait for the end credits. Plus, it thanked for guests for doing absolutely nothing. We didn't even have intelligence to deliver to somewhere.
For reference, please name 3 great attractions and what they "amount to".

George Lucas on a Bench

Another thing I like about it is the lack of femininity. While Ray appears as a projection in the preshow, the rest of the thing is very masculine and actually doesn't feature any women at all! This is VERY old-school Star Wars, even if it focuses on Disney's invented characters and surprising given Disney's bizarre push for a purple-haired millennial chick character and Ray, of course.

VJ

Another thing I like about it is the lack of femininity. While Ray appears as a projection in the preshow, the rest of the thing is very masculine and actually doesn't feature any women at all! This is VERY old-school Star Wars, even if it focuses on Disney's invented characters and surprising given Disney's bizarre push for a purple-haired millennial chick character and Ray, of course.
the only reaction i have to this post is :(

Phroobar

So we need to evacuate Batuu and get to a secret base. Somehow Kylo thinks we know where we are going. We escape and land back on Batuu. Isn't that Star Destroyer still in orbit? We still need to evacuate to the secret base before they start an aerial bombardment. We accomplish nothing. Kylo and two stromtroopers roam around bothering tourists that don't have reservations to get drunk at the bar.

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Yawn. What's your problem? I'm seriously asking.
If you had any reading comprehension, you'd know that I was actually taking part in the ROTR discussion. Here, I'll walk you through it.

-You said: "A great ride shouldn't amount to so little."
-To which I replied "For reference, please name 3 great attractions and what they "amount to"."
-(I posted this to get your perspective on what a "great ride should amount to", since you seem to think ROTR amounts to "so little" as you just previously stated.)
-You then proceed to tell me, "No, you do that. I'm discussing Rise of Resistance."
-I then posted: "Yikes" and a funny gif about a man overreacting.
-(I posted this because your comment seemed like a huge overreaction to my honest curiosity regarding your standard of what a good ride amounts to.)

-Then you posted a sarcastic yawn and seemed to indicate that I had a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom