Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

Darkbeer1

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/...s-attraction-4-times-and-heres-what-its-like/

>>I didn’t expect to be smiling from ear to ear on the new Rise of the Resistance attraction coming to Disneyland as I was captured aboard a Star Destroyer, marched to a jail cell by a First Order officer barking commands and menacingly chased by Star Wars villain Kylo Ren.

But I couldn’t wipe the smile from my face as I rode the new state-of-the-art E-ticket attraction four times on Tuesday, Dec. 3, during a media preview in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.

Rise of the Resistance will leave you wondering again and again how Walt Disney Imagineering pulled off one visual illusion after another, with each scene somehow outdoing the last. Disney’s new Star Wars attraction redefines what E-ticket stands for: Extraordinary.

The highly anticipated Rise of the Resistance debuts Thursday, Dec. 5, at the Orlando-area theme park to out-of-this-world expectations and at every step of the way the attraction exceeds them with a ride experience unlike anything anyone has ever encountered in a theme park. A carbon copy of the ride opens at Batuu West in Disneyland on Jan. 17.

The ride, billed as four attractions in one, lasts an astonishing 15 minutes but rarely slows down during the epic interstellar journey. Unfortunately, 15 minutes is not enough. You’ll wish Rise of the Resistance was twice as long.<<

Of course, reading the entire article has some spoilers.

Phroobar

The ride looks very nice. It should be easy to convert to the original trilogy someday. :p

Good use of the pepper's ghost though out the ride. They look better than the Harry Potter characters in the Forbidden Journey queue. The lightsaber cutting effect is impressive. Too bad they can't keep the floor clean from the trackless tire marks. It's going to be pretty obvious where we are going. It reminds me a lot of Mystic Manor.

Phroobar

Oh here is you deep thought by Jack Handy.

oekNbRa.jpg

DanielBB8

I wonder when the Disneyland version opens next year, will they still offer the SoCal locals discount. I won't be paying full price for this. Will Disney learn it's lesson to not restrict attendance? I will wait at least 6 months for them to iron out the reliability if no discount is offered. What's the use of paying full price if you're unlikely to see it? I won't be buying an Annual Pass just for this ride no matter how good it can be.

DanielBB8

The ride looks very nice. It should be easy to convert to the original trilogy someday. :p

Good use of the pepper's ghost though out the ride. They look better than the Harry Potter characters in the Forbidden Journey queue. The lightsaber cutting effect is impressive. Too bad they can't keep the floor clean from the trackless tire marks. It's going to be pretty obvious where we are going. It reminds me a lot of Mystic Manor.
I agree. Galaxy's Edge needs to be Original Trilogy. Disney Trilogy is a bust.

Phroobar

I wonder when the Disneyland version opens next year, will they still offer the SoCal locals discount. I won't be paying full price for this. Will Disney learn it's lesson to not restrict attendance? I will wait at least 6 months for them to iron out the reliability if no discount is offered. What's the use of paying full price if you're unlikely to see it? I won't be buying an Annual Pass just for this ride no matter how good it can be.
It's that way of thinking that kept everyone away the first time.

James122

Looking forward to the reports. The ride sounds amazing from what I've heard. I've actually intentionally not seen or read too much about the minutiae of the ride as I don't wanna be TOTALLY spoiled. We'll see if they can pull it off.

DanielBB8

It's that way of thinking that kept everyone away the first time.
Who's way of thinking? Disney kept people away intentionally by restricting APs. I highly doubt they will do it again to APs so the question is whether they will do away with SoCal discount passes in the usually slow season in the winter/spring. That's a way of signaling that locals are not appreciated. If the ride is a bonafide hit, then maybe people will drop by, or they won't. My issue is it's a Sequel Trilogy attraction that will depend on how many will enjoy seeing Kylo Ren instead of Darth Vadar. It's an unfortunate choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom