Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

DanielBB8

If you had any reading comprehension, you'd know that I was actually taking part in the ROTR discussion. Here, I'll walk you through it.

-You said: "A great ride shouldn't amount to so little."
-To which I replied "For reference, please name 3 great attractions and what they "amount to"."
-(I posted this to get your perspective on what a "great ride should amount to", since you seem to think ROTR amounts to "so little" as you just previously stated.)
-You then proceed to tell me, "No, you do that. I'm discussing Rise of Resistance."
-I then posted: "Yikes" and a funny gif about a man overreacting.
-(I posted this because your comment seemed like a huge overreaction to my honest curiosity regarding your standard of what a good ride amounts to.)

-Then you posted a sarcastic yawn and seemed to indicate that I had a problem.
You do and still do. You diverted because I'm not going to do what you ask because I'm discussing Rise of Resistance!!! Showing the awful GIF confirms your own projection. Another diversion of the topic. Bug off.

DrAlice

I watched the videos. I have an easily freaked out kid, so I have to know what I'm getting her into before riding! Verdict: I think this might scare the pants off of her. haha...

Much of it looks cool. It looks like a fun, cool, dark ride. Also, I have hope that the screens won't make me sick (Alternatively, Target Run looks like a vomit fest. Especially if my daughter gets to pilot it.). I will say that the long waits in the pre-show bits kind of take the wind out of the sails of the storytelling a bit. However, that could just be because the attraction is filled with media people. Can't wait to see how the dynamic potentially changes when you fill the thing with actual guests. Scared kids, foreign tourists, people that have not seen the newer movies, etc. Looking forward to the flood of videos that come out over the next few days.

Fingers crossed that they can keep the thing running.

JD2000

I am more disappointed then predicted. As the special effects are crude (and not in a good way). I guess any sort of blaster trails didn’t materialize? Even the few animatronics seem quite rough. And there were clearly going to be more before they got replaced by projections. This is why so many stormtroopers were placed above you (i.e. to hide their connection to the floor). And there is very little change in theme during the course of the ride.

TROR

I am more disappointed then predicted. As the special effects are crude (and not in a good way). I guess any sort of blaster trails didn’t materialize? Even the few animatronics seem quite rough. And there were clearly going to be more before they got replaced by projections. This is why so many stormtroopers were placed above you (i.e. to hide their connection to the floor). And there is very little change in theme during the course of the ride.
This is disappointing. Glad they saved money on cutting live entertainment so they could then also cut the budget on the headline attraction that's necessary to save the land.

Phroobar

I thought there was going to be blaster trails. Even Hyperspace Mountain has a couple of them. Actual lasers like in the Battle of Galactica would have been nice.
images

Suspirian

Watched the whole experience (dont got to the parks enough to care about spoilers) It looks fantastic imo. I genuinely think they’ve outdone themselves. My only gripe is that I feel like this highlights the need for a podracing coaster or something else even more as parts of this ride and the millennium falcon seem a bit too similar. Im not the most familiar with Star Wars, but im sure theres more to that world than space battles.

George Lucas on a Bench

Only the loonies are disappointed by this. It's a cool dark ride. It will also definitely become one of the most popular attractions.

Disneyland and MGM Studios are fully prepared for this, as neither park hasn't gotten a fullfledged dark ride in many years. DLR is an especially sad case as all the "new" stuff has been repackaged existing rides and the Millennium Falcon, which is just another form of Star Tours, but not done as well.

As I said earlier, this is what you would have expected from a new Star Wars ride and in my opinion, really makes the Falcon ride seem irrelevant and pointless for your Star Warsian Disney fix. Everything Falcon does short of buttons is in this and it's actually *immersive* and not a lifeless chamber with a glowing engine thing concluding with an Xbox game in a capsule.

Any nitpicks about static mannequins and screens don't really matter in the bigger picture. Nice job, Disney!

mickEblu

Only the loonies are disappointed by this. It's a cool dark ride. It will also definitely become one of the most popular attractions.

Disneyland and MGM Studios are fully prepared for this, as neither park hasn't gotten a fullfledged dark ride in many years. DLR is an especially sad case as all the "new" stuff has been repackaged existing rides and the Millennium Falcon, which is just another form of Star Tours, but not done as well.

As I said earlier, this is what you would have expected from a new Star Wars ride and in my opinion, really makes the Falcon ride seem irrelevant and pointless for your Star Warsian Disney fix. Everything Falcon does short of buttons is in this and it's actually *immersive* and not a lifeless chamber with a glowing engine thing concluding with an Xbox game in a capsule.

They should have just brought Star Tours over to GE and built the damn X Wing coaster. Falcon could have just been a walk through where you could sit in the “real“ gunner chairs.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

CNN gave it rave reviews, so when did Disney buy CNN?

DrAlice

I have a question, and I will try to ask without spoilers....

For those that have seen it, ridden it, or are just "in the know".... I can't tell from the video, but in the room right before the actual ride starts where there are two figures talking above you, are the figures animatronics or a screen? If animatronics, they look freakin cool, IMO.

Ok, I hope that wasn't spoiler-y.

Disney Analyst

I have a question, and I will try to ask without spoilers....

For those that have seen it, ridden it, or are just "in the know".... I can't tell from the video, but in the room right before the actual ride starts where there are two figures talking above you, are the figures animatronics or a screen? If animatronics, they look freakin cool, IMO.

Ok, I hope that wasn't spoiler-y.

Those are on a screen.

Then after that there storm troopers portrayed through screen tech, but Kylo and Hux are now AA's on the ride, and one Kylo is a prop/projection hybrid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom