News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DreamfinderGuy

I'm kind of curious to know how your conversations with the CMs in the experience center have gone. Either way, if they really are neutral/negative about the things they are being paid to promote then that speaks more to bad CMs than anything. To take another example, it's one thing to think that the Polynesian is over priced. It's another to ring up to make a reservation and have a CM tell you not to book a room because it's overpriced and not that good.
They’ve really been anywhere from neutral to “Well, it’s better than nothing.” I’ve heard “After viewing the little video I think the guardians coaster might be good, but it still doesn’t belong here”, “I think all of us have come to terms with the fact that this park isn’t gonna ever be what we want it to be again, so we may as well think positive”, and the likes. There are a lot of CMs there genuinely excited though. None of them have a bitter hatred towards the project like some do online. Quite a few of them happen to know me too, so I strike up conversation when I’m in there.

nickys

Premium Member
The architecture was serious, forward thinking and beautiful. It is a real loss... Especially if the Table Top becomes a Phase II project... that will take decades for them to finish...and we will have an empty football field as you main entrance point... It's all very sad.

Trying to catch up with this thread....

What’s the Table Top? The new events building with the rooftop garden is what I’m thinking, but confused because you referred to the entrance point. Are there suggestions this whole “re-do” (would use another term but filter might not be happy) is being split, or just that it’ll be three years down the line?

Bocabear

Table top is the event building with the roof garden... It is being bandied about that it is moving to Phase II.. Hopefully that is not true, because if so, after passing Spaceship Earth the entire right side of Future World would be vacant up to the Seas, Land and Imagination Pavilions...Oh sure there would be trees and an pink walkway and the water splash zone leading to the Living Seas...

EPCOTCenterLover

I read about half of it, I’ll finish another time lol! Insightful report.

Interested though how you managed to have both Test Track and FEA as Fastpasses since both are tier1?
The Epcot report is over a series of days visits. I know Test Track FP was day one. Frozen must have been day two and I mixed them up. :). Shorter memory on some things I guess. Gotta get that fixed. Glad you're liking the report. It took forever to put it all into words.

HauntedMansionFLA

Table top is the event building with the roof garden... It is being bandied about that it is moving to Phase II.. Hopefully that is not true, because if so, after passing Spaceship Earth the entire right side of Future World would be vacant up to the Seas, Land and Imagination Pavilions...Oh sure there would be trees and an pink walkway and the water splash zone leading to the Living Seas...
They could put in a lot of meet and greets / awesome playground!! ;)

Epcot82Guy

As usual, Imagineering will surpass expectations. IMO.

Imagineering it's my main concern here...

And I'd note (assuming it's pushed to Phase 2), they are literally working with NOTHING. So, "expectations" are not exactly at a high level already...

Epcot82Guy

Your assumptions are literally based on nothing.

I don't understand your post. My post literally said assuming that's true - i.e. "I am assuming they will not be building the table in phase 1" - leaving no stated plans for the area. And, it would seem quite a waste to spend a lot of money on something in the interim if the table is phase 2. So, my expectations are little to nothing for that area if/when they push the table to phase 2.

If I misunderstood your post, then apologies. But, I'm pretty sure I used "assuming" correctly.

jt04

I don't understand your post. My post literally said assuming that's true - i.e. "I am assuming they will not be building the table in phase 1" - leaving no stated plans for the area. And, it would seem quite a waste to spend a lot of money on something in the interim if the table is phase 2. So, my expectations are little to nothing for that area if/when they push the table to phase 2.

If I misunderstood your post, then apologies. But, I'm pretty sure I used "assuming" correctly.

Those assumptions were based on an anonymous Twitter post from a single unreliable account. I put it on par with the rumor the mine train would be delayed months or more due to engineering errors or Horizons had to be razed due to sink holes.

I think the phrase 'don't feed the trolls' fits. Or be their enabler.

Moving along.👞👞👞👞

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom