News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

I forget his last name but he's leading the Epcot project along with Tom Fitzgerald.

Ironically enough, wasn't World Showplace originally built as just a 'temporary venue' for the millennium celebration's exhibits? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's just basically a quick steel and skin prefab that's already overstayed its planned usefulness by a good 15 years.
It still turns a good profit to keep it around according to insiders here. It's also apparently been built up a bit too so it's more permanent then was when it was initially built.

DreamfinderGuy

Is it just coincidental that Inno West demolition has remained stagnant for the last few days? It was full steam ahead for a while and now there’s been no progress in about four or five days. Reminds me of Horizons’ big leaps in demo progress and then just sitting there

Sir_Cliff

Maybe EPCOT will get the theater? Candlelight could go there and the the area used for CP in World Show case could get a new country.
It would be kind of hilarious if they quietly cancelled the announced events center and built the Main Street theatre there instead. Then, perhaps, "The Egg" could go into the Poppins spot.

lazyboy97o

Is it just coincidental that Inno West demolition has remained stagnant for the last few days? It was full steam ahead for a while and now there’s been no progress in about four or five days. Reminds me of Horizons’ big leaps in demo progress and then just sitting there
You mean right around a holiday where everything would need to be cleaned up and secured?

Horizons1

Wishful thinking, bro.

MatheusPG

jt04

This. Even the experience center CMs aren’t very enthusiastic about it. I’ve talked to a large chunk of them and I think I’ve seen one overly enthusiastic, and a lot of neutral/negative.

Not sure how anyone can make a judgement yet since much is still blue sky. What has been announced will only take a couple years to build. Per Martin, the entire project will take several years.

But the glass half empty crowd is always the majority.

DisneyDreamerxyz

This. Even the experience center CMs aren’t very enthusiastic about it. I’ve talked to a large chunk of them and I think I’ve seen one overly enthusiastic, and a lot of neutral/negative.
there are way too many castmembers set in their ways and hate to accept change. I'm a former castmember and when things change it's hard because we're expected to know everything and it's hard some people to keep up.

DreamfinderGuy

Not sure how anyone can make a judgement yet since much is still blue sky. What has been announced will only take a couple years to build. Per Martin, the entire project will take several years.

Every project that’ll be in development for the next several years has been announced publicly already. There’s not much room left to speculate on beyond Imagination and The Seas which won’t be changed for a very long while.

lazyboy97o

Thank you for again demonstrating that you don’t know anything about design or construction. Blue Sky happens before projects are approved.

Sir_Cliff

I'm kind of curious to know how your conversations with the CMs in the experience center have gone. Either way, if they really are neutral/negative about the things they are being paid to promote then that speaks more to bad CMs than anything. To take another example, it's one thing to think that the Polynesian is over priced. It's another to ring up to make a reservation and have a CM tell you not to book a room because it's expensive and not that good.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom