The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I remember my mom teaching me (she died when I was 15, so this is all that age and younger) how to do laundry, but she left me to figure how to vacuum and dust. (I still hate dusting!) I don't recall her teaching me how to do dishes, but I'm guessing she did. That another source of weirdness with me.... I was taught to fill the sink with hot soapy water and then wash the dishes that way, rinsing in the other sink. But I see younger generations not filling the sink, and just washing 1 thing at a time with the water running. It seems foreign to me.

I remember my dad teaching me how to change a tire, and how to use jumper cables, and how to check my oil. He took me to the SoS (DMV for most of you) and walked me thru registering my first car, getting my license and license plate. I don't remember him showing me how to pump gas though.

Mostly I remember learning by watching... and I think that kids are so into screens now, that they don't watch their parents do stuff just because they are bored. (I was an only child at the time)
Some of it might also just be your experience. My parents wash dishes the exact same way I do...running the water over each dish. Vacuuming and dusting Mom taught. Laundry Mom taught.

Cars are so foreign to me. Like, I look at nan engine and I'm totally clueless. My old car needed a jump. I called my uncle, who was nearby. I was with a friend, but it was dark and neither of us felt comfortable. My mom has showed me before (notice a pattern...Dad is a lousy teacher) but it just doesn't work in my brain. I also cannot change the tires or the oil. Neither can my parents, so that is a family thing in our case. We're not mechanical people by nature.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Some of it might also just be your experience. My parents wash dishes the exact same way I do...running the water over each dish. Vacuuming and dusting Mom taught. Laundry Mom taught.

Cars are so foreign to me. Like, I look at nan engine and I'm totally clueless. My old car needed a jump. I called my uncle, who was nearby. I was with a friend, but it was dark and neither of us felt comfortable. My mom has showed me before (notice a pattern...Dad is a lousy teacher) but it just doesn't work in my brain. I also cannot change the tires or the oil. Neither can my parents, so that is a family thing in our case. We're not mechanical people by nature.
How James learned to jump start a car

wdwfan4ver

A bit of Googling and I found the answer. PA has a 77 cent tax per gallon of gas. It's 34 cents per gallon in Maryland. Apparently it goes towards road repair in PA, but given that MD's roads are also better...idk.
I am jealous of your roads than. The City I live in has a lot of potholes that haven't been fixed.

Last edited:

Rista1313

Very true... if your parents don't know it either, how can they teach you?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I will never know the stalker. I can't believe they dropped it. I was really looking forward to more.

And TCM. I am having TCM withdrawal, thanks to Comcast deciding it really should be part of an upcharged sports package. New year, plans to cut the cord.

I love watching TCM. When we switched to Hulu live my husband's priority was getting sports channels and I still wanted access to TCM. Luckily Hulu live met our needs.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Jasmine is an unfortunate anomally. She came from a litter of ten. She has never properly groomed and won't let Belle interfere or teach her. She's overweight, so that doesn't help. She's also got this double coat that she never gets clean, and she hates being combed or brushed. So we bathe her, comb her in the bath, and she looks much better.
Maybe you could just spray her with Fabreeze....

StarWarsGirl

I am jealous of your roads than. The City I live in has a lot of potholes that haven't been fixed.
The only iffy ones are in Baltimore City. Our roads are otherwise great. I drive up into PA and start apologizing to my car because of the state of their roads.
I got it too. I got it due to where I live has multiple Roku's. All the Roku's are in that person's name and had to use that person's email address and password.

The First show I watched all the way through is the Imagineering Story.
I got it to watch classic Disney and the Mandalorian. So far I've watched eleven episodes of Kim Possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom