The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

@93boomer You are a Verizon customer, right? I forgot that Verizon customers get Disney plus free for a year! I signed up for the free trial for a week because I wanted to figure out if they will add a Hulu live option. I got a redemption code from Verizon when I went to my Verizon account and then clicked on Entertainment. It showed the option to get DPlus for a year. I clicked on it and got a redemption code. I got a redemption code and clicked it. It brought me to Disney plus and welcomed me. Now I don’t know if I now have 2 accounts, one of which is the free Verizon promo, and one which is the one I signed up directly through Disney.

MySmallWorldof4

For all my Verizon friends who already signed up with D plus. https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=1490862cdb4104d03c0cf158bf961939
So I went to the account billing as instructed. Saw my Paypal info in there. It also showed the Verizon free offer. I then hesitantly clicked the cancel billing next to the Paypal. I was afraid it would plain cancel it and I would lose the Verizon offer too. I had to fill out why I was canceling and wrote “Verizon offer”. Then I submitted it. I prayed I didn’t screw up and then I clicked a movie in the app to play it and it worked. Whew. Then I checked the account billing and it showed the Verizon offer.

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
@93boomer You are a Verizon customer, right? I forgot that Verizon customers get Disney plus free for a year! I signed up for the free trial for a week because I wanted to figure out if they will add a Hulu live option. I got a redemption code from Verizon when I went to my Verizon account and then clicked on Entertainment. It showed the option to get DPlus for a year. I clicked on it and got a redemption code. I got a redemption code and clicked it. It brought me to Disney plus and welcomed me. Now I don’t know if I now have 2 accounts, one of which is the free Verizon promo, and one which is the one I signed up directly through Disney.
Yes, I have seen that on my Verizon account page, but I don't have unlimited and don't plan on changing to it anytime soon.

Cesar R M

sooo.. Disney+ launched and then crashed spectacularly.
And this is what happens when you only go for the "expected for cost" movements.
They should have used a flexible network like Youtube's
Again and again and again.. companies that launch very popular services.. are suddenly "surprised by the demand" as they claim.
It is always hilarious to hear one of the developers later say that the high end management set a fixed budget with no knowledge of IT at all.

MySmallWorldof4

sooo.. Disney+ launched and then crashed spectacularly.
And this is what happens when you only go for the "expected for cost" movements.
They should have used a flexible network like Youtube's
Again and again and again.. companies that launch very popular services.. are suddenly "surprised by the demand" as they claim.
It is always hilarious to hear one of the developers later say that the high end management set a fixed budget with no knowledge of IT at all.
I haven’t had an issue. Of course I haven’t been streaming all morning. Clicked on it a couple of times to make sure it was working.

StarWarsGirl

I tried to look in our account. Then I got locked out. Knew what my dad's first car was, where he was born, but got stuck on where his favorite place to go as a kid was. 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom