The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Best book/movie: Time To Kill a Mockingbird.
Those are two different books/movies, right? A Time to Kill, and To Kill a Mockingbird ? A time to kill is about a black man who murders his daughter's rapists and his trial. To Kill a Mockingbird is about a black man accused of raping white women. So, both about trials of minorities with supposed white victims, but different books /movies. I read To Kill a Mockingbird in school, but never saw the movie. I've seen the movie A Time to Kill and have never read the book!

MySmallWorldof4

Those are two different books/movies, right? A Time to Kill, and To Kill a Mockingbird ? A time to kill is about a black man who murders his daughter's rapists and his trial. To Kill a Mockingbird is about a black man accused of raping white women. So, both about trials of minorities with supposed white victims, but different books /movies. I read To Kill a Mockingbird in school, but never saw the movie. I've seen the movie A Time to Kill and have never read the book!
To Kill a Mockingbird was one of my most favorite books I read in school. The movie with Gregory Peck is fantastic. It is just like the book. You should definitely watch it. It may be on Netflix.

Songbird76

To Kill a Mockingbird was one of my most favorite books I read in school. The movie with Gregory Peck is fantastic. It is just like the book. You should definitely watch it. It may be on Netflix.
I'll have to look it up. The movie/Gregory Peck were mentioned in The Rosie Project. (Fun book) I really liked the book...one of the few from high school I didn't mind reading.

SteveBrickNJ

I can tell this is a struggle for you -- happy that your DD is going to college (even for a weekend), and sad that you realize it means that she's eventually going to be out on her own. That's a big step (for both of you), because she's been at home for so many years. It's natural that you'd have apprehension, while also being excited for a new chapter in her life. Must be hard at times, being a parent. My heart goes out to you.
You captured it well my friend. ☺

Tony the Tigger

This plain blows! How could they not continue it. You know, shows and movies need to stop having cliffhangers if they don’t intend to finish something out. This was a wonderfully written show and the first show that I had watched on network tv for over a year. I am so over regular tv. There is no imagination left. First I find out there will be no National Treasure movie 3, and now this. At least make one episode to toe up the loose ends. I know, first world problem. :(:rolleyes:
^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and where did you see about NT 3?

Who was the stalker?!

I read To Kill a Mockingbird in school, but never saw the movie.

Watch for it on TCM. Much like the book, you don’t want it to end.

SteveBrickNJ

@SteveBrickNJ route 30 from just west of Philadelphia all the way to the Harrisburg area is quite scenic if you feel the need for something to do once your dd is off to college and once you're near 81 you may as well visit your dd seeing you're just about on 81;)
Thanks but I am guessing our travel on Sunday will be 8 hours or more. All 3 members of my family have to get up early on Monday and return to work or school. We have been on Route 30 for Gettysburgh and Lancaster in the past😉😎.....a second reading of your post makes me realize you were talking about any trip in the next few years...NOT specifically this Sunday...oops😊

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom